• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Power Rack

Yeah had them outside. If I tried using my brain then putting them inside would be obviously be a better way to go :)

Thanks for that.

Cheers

I everyone

I received my Force USA F-PC power cage late last week from Gym and Fitness and put it together this morning.

Pretty straight forward to put together. Slightly challenging doing it totally on your own but still not too hard.

I am very happy to say it looks like i got one of the very newest models. My cage is 1220 wide instead of 1280. Also looks to be just a little bit lower as well which helps. My ceiling is only 2400 and there is tons of room (well 29 cm anyway) above the top of the chin bar.

Another small thing which has been addressed is there is clear plastic stuck over the numbers. I know one of the complaints was the numbers came off too easily. It's only a small thing but it will definitely help.

Overall i just love this cage. Has everything i need for a great price and very solid piece of equipment.

If your buying one, just make sure you get this newest model.

Thanks for all the info and advice on this thread.

I everyone

I received my Force USA F-PC power cage late last week from Gym and Fitness and put it together this morning.

Pretty straight forward to put together. Slightly challenging doing it totally on your own but still not too hard.

I am very happy to say it looks like i got one of the very newest models. My cage is 1220 wide instead of 1280. Also looks to be just a little bit lower as well which helps. My ceiling is only 2400 and there is tons of room (well 29 cm anyway) above the top of the chin bar.

Another small thing which has been addressed is there is clear plastic stuck over the numbers. I know one of the complaints was the numbers came off too easily. It's only a small thing but it will definitely help.

Overall i just love this cage. Has everything i need for a great price and very solid piece of equipment.

Did you get 2 little bottles with it? I'm not sure what they are, I think one is oil and one may be touch up paint.

hi everyone

Anyone know if you can buy and how much spare band pegs are for this rack ?

I want to buy another 4 band pegs

Cheers

Hi Peter, I bought an old York/benchpress off eBay for $11 and used the pegs from that. Holes are the same.
6yzu2y7e.jpg

I everyone

Thanks very much for your review. Although it is dearer I am seriously considering this cage over the MMPR and LC2. My main reasons are: the closer hole spacing and hole numbering; the huge clearance of the lower cross brace member; and the bolted joints look to be the most rigid with the added gusset plates.

It is a shame though that it doesn't have the close neutral grip on the pullup bar like the MMPR rack.

I like the look of the dips handles too, they seem to stick out far enough, and the width is fully adjustable, but they look like they will wobble a fair bit - have you tried them out?

How did you manage to ensure you got the newest version from G&F, or was it just luck? I have emailed them about the newest version and as Graeme suggested they were clueless about it. So I am thinking about buying from him to make sure I get the right one even though freight will be dearer.

I like the look of the dips handles too, they seem to stick out far enough, and the width is fully adjustable, but they look like they will wobble a fair bit - have you tried them out?

How did you manage to ensure you got the newest version from G&F, or was it just luck? I have emailed them about the newest version and as Graeme suggested they were clueless about it. So I am thinking about buying from him to make sure I get the right one even though freight will be dearer.

i haven't tried out the dip handles yet.

G&F said they just about cleared out their stock of the 'old' model so it would be unlikely you would get one of those. If you buy from their ebay site and use the make offer option, you can get a real good price. Just don't be too greedy and offer too cheap.

FORCE USA POWER RACK SQUAT CAGE STAND SMITH MACHINE HOME GYM MACHINE CHIN UP BAR | eBay

I have bought a few things as well from littleblokefitness and yeah their service is top notch so maybe ring them and see what their absolute best price is as well. I notice they have a make offer on this item as well on ebay

POWER RACK CAGE heavy duty force usa squat chin dip multi weight training gym | eBay

Having now used the cage a few times i gotta say it is top notch, i am so happy with it. It is the perfect size for home. Its height is absolutely perfect, just enough clearance at the top to do chins comfortably but not too short so you get a full hang. I couldn't have placed the chin up bar at a better height.

Plenty of J Hooks and holes means you have tons of options.

Dip handles are fine. I put mine together today and used it this arvo, weighing 100kg it felt secure using them. A great all round rack.

iPound , Wingman and Oznut

Guys, just so we know everyone is on the same page , i think going by the photos he took in the Show us a pic of your home gym thread, Oznut has the F-HPR power rack, not the F-PC power rack which this thread mainly discusses (easy to tell the difference, the F-HPR has a regular chin up bar at the top, not a monkey bar and comes standard with lat pulldown/low row)

IF the F-HPR is plenty sturdy enough for a big guy like Oznut, then the F-PC is going to be even stronger and more than enough for anyone here :)

Yeah, I got the F-HPR, sorry I should've mentioned that. For what I do, it's plenty sturdy. It'll do until I've got room for something more.

New Model F-PC

ForceUSA have now updated their F-PC rack again to a slightly skinnier design that has a more standard width of 1210mm. This means that most 7ft bars will fit it with no problems and this is the current model.

The newer model is great! Perfect width for safely racking the bar as well as having the nylon protectors on the j-hooks now so it protects your bar.

Hi iPound, not sure who responded to your email but it is definitely the newest model that we have in stock currently.