• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Finally bought a copy of Starting Strength

Mickdog

What an awesome book for anyone interested in lifting. Easily the best program I have seen and gives you more knowledge than would be expected.

Just some questions. Anyone else followed the progam including drinking all that milk 1 gallon is over 3 litres.

GOMAD is for skinny kids trying to grow.

LMD drinks a fair bit of milk at the moment if i remember correctly.

What an awesome book for anyone interested in lifting. Easily the best program I have seen and gives you more knowledge than would be expected.

Just some questions. Anyone else followed the progam including drinking all that milk 1 gallon is over 3 litres.

1 US gallon is almost 4 liters. Like what was said 1 gallon is for skinny string bean teenagers. Just adjust the amount of milk for how skinny you are.

The program works great just follow as designed.

1 US gallon is almost 4 liters. Like what was said 1 gallon is for skinny string bean teenagers. Just adjust the amount of milk for how skinny you are.

The program works great just follow as designed.

Will work it out as best I can. I'm not skinny so I may just add a few glasses of milk a day then if my gains decrease add more. 1 litre a day should do

good book. i did 4L for about a month gained 2kg , then cut it down to 2L, now im about 1L.

i think the program listed is the best for novices. Practical Programming is also an awesome book (less form stuff, more about programming)

good book. i did 4L for about a month gained 2kg , then cut it down to 2L, now im about 1L.

i think the program listed is the best for novices. Practical Programming is also an awesome book (less form stuff, more about programming)

Just looking at practical programing and will by as well. My main concerns at the moment is to ensure I have good form for my 5 lifts.

GOMAD is for skinny kids trying to grow.

LMD drinks a fair bit of milk at the moment if i remember correctly.

250ml a day, wooh!

im not that skinny lol, 76kg isn't that bad at 173cm is it?

Although i use to be up around 1-2l a day not that much though

I started at 74 or so kg (182 cm, 26). Was post 5 months of chemo though. I started with 2L of milk + 6 scoops of protein a day. In 3 months was about 80 kg. Ended up on 4L of milk + 6 scoops of protein per day for another 3 months, ended up at 90 kg.

Then got drunk for 2 months, dropped to 81 kg. In the year since then I'm back up to 90 kg with a lot less fat and a lot more strong. So it's appropriate in the right circumstances.

Plenty of milk is appropriate for skinny beginners, but not somebody who's been training for a year or more. If you notice you can't keep up with the program (starting strength is very aggressive with load increases), then add more milk.

Eventually you'll reach the point of diminishing returns though, where you just need to slow down.

Read the article "A Clarification" by Rip on the Starting Strength website.

I started at 74 or so kg (182 cm, 26). Was post 5 months of chemo though. I started with 2L of milk + 6 scoops of protein a day. In 3 months was about 80 kg. Ended up on 4L of milk + 6 scoops of protein per day for another 3 months, ended up at 90 kg.

Then got drunk for 2 months, dropped to 81 kg. In the year since then I'm back up to 90 kg with a lot less fat and a lot more strong. So it's appropriate in the right circumstances.

Plenty of milk is appropriate for skinny beginners, but not somebody who's been training for a year or more. If you notice you can't keep up with the program (starting strength is very aggressive with load increases), then add more milk.

Eventually you'll reach the point of diminishing returns though, where you just need to slow down.

Read the article "A Clarification" by Rip on the Starting Strength website.

Thanks for that. Might not need so much milk.

Wow at only gaining 2kg in a month from drinking 4L of milk a day...