• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

I just find it ver interesting that Essendon is the onlu team out of all this who has come out and publically talked about the drug issue, then the VERY next day there is this bog press conference in regards to drugs in sports in AUSTRALIA and across all codes and sports.

One would think that if this is the case Essendon could be the most worried....

It only came out cause old mate was dropped off the roster and cracked the shits. They called in the authorities to pre-empt the fall out.

less of a penalty for not denying/hiding it ?
Or already banned for 2013 but not announced?

Maybe a bit of both, but if enough players are involved from the one club i dont see any other option if the AFL are serious other than to ban fthe whole club or at least make them play for no points like happened to Storm in completely different circumstances.

Maybe a bit of both, but if enough players are involved from the one club i dont see any other option if the AFL are serious other than to ban fthe whole club or at least make them play for no points like happened to Storm in completely different circumstances.

Or ban the current players , penalise the club (fine plus no points) and make them field a team of undoped players.

Could be a great chance for lower grade Essendon players

Isn't this the whole conundrum, ASADA can only go after individuals, and the AFL effectively handed over control of penalties to ASADA a few years ago (albeit forced to by the Aus gov't).

Therefore ASADA could knock out a bunch of their players, regardless of what the AFL wants.

Doctor on Fox Sport News saying the use of Peptides can cause heart strain, blood pressure problems and changing of skeletal shape such as the jaw.

Now begins the outlawing of peptides

Isn't this the whole conundrum, ASADA can only go after individuals, and the AFL effectively handed over control of penalties to ASADA a few years ago (albeit forced to by the Aus gov't).

Therefore ASADA could knock out a bunch of their players, regardless of what the AFL wants.

Yeah but then the AFL would come down seperately on the club for various other reasons such as bringing the game into disrepute etc etc, much like Ben Cousins as he was never tested positive.

lol @ the ridiculous shots being taken at Essendon in here.

Remind me who holds equal most flags? It escapes me.
even better question Minch, which team has won the most consecutive AFL Premierships :p

Are peptides illegal to buy and use?

As long as certain drugs are illegal then they have no place in top level sport.
Whether their healthy or not is another discussion that goes on and on.

Clubs of different codes come under scrutiny all the time, this is one of them, better to nip it in the bud now and not wait 15 years like cycle racing.

But clubs and personel have a duty of care for their players, that comes first.

I am a bombers supporter but i welcome it.

I remember akermanis saying years ago it was rife.

Aren't Brisbane tied with Melbourne on that one? I would have guessed 3 in a row or has some club done 4? :D
Most consecutive VFL/AFL flags is 4 by Collingwood. Most consecutive "pure" AFL flags is 3 by Brisbane.

List of Australian Football League premiers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most flags is 16, Essendon and Carlton.

If I was allowed a third team it would be "the blood stained ******s" (Essendon) probably ...... just saying so I don't get beaten up by Goosey!