• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
my rep range is normally 3 sets 8-10 reps with 1 minute rest.

i am eating up now, so i am interested to see how it goes with strength levels. I should improve, regardless of how I feel.

my sessions early in week leave me sore for days, especially legs.

hopefully my legs will be right to go tomorrow but feel dead today.

If you still get sore and by sore I assume you mean DOMS then possibly a sign that you're not lifting frequently enough.

8-10 reps is good. I usually go for about 8-14 reps per set, just go by feel and if it feels right then it probably is right.

Calories i think are very important, though your genetics will dictate how the extra calories portray themselves.

I assume you get BW done to see if everything is how it should be? At your age(no offense) its even more important to get BW done as the body produces less and less of whats needed for growth as it gets older. This goes hand in hand with being sore etc. Less growth = more soreness.

I thought that. due now.

I have high ferritin, but related to blood disorder thallacemia minor.

everything else is good.

Even dropping from 20 too 16 is a 20% drop, so who knows.....You've got your free test, dht, lh, fsh, dhea, hgh, igf, slin they all play a role in recovery.

I take heaps of supps, getting a little obsessive......like an addiction.

it is strange, my mate has a test level of 25 at 54 years of age, yet he has lost much more strength than myself since his peak days even though we both have always trained.

no, it is more about 1. hard, near failure or failure, and 2. light within myself nowhere near failure.

i never train heavy, unless testing. i hate training with heavy weights.

That's weird, I love heavy weights and testing my 1RM.

Different strokes for different folks right

yes, we are all different.

my system gets fried from too much heavy stuff, and my mind hates that sort of training.

I like the muscle endurance sort of pain from higher reps and shorter rests, and have always got stronger with such training in my 20s and 30s at least.