• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AusBB Odd Lift Leaderboard

WTF!?!

I'm a big fan of peculiar strength feats... but... whaaaa?

Haha those damn yanks have a competition for everything

l tried to find a video and l coudlnt even remember what the fuck it was really but it was some yank guy who had this random contraption that you somewhat 'get under'... It looks like you're in the bottom of a good morning with this thing resting on your back kind of and he would push his shoulder blades back l think to make it move 1inch rom with 1000+ pounds on it... cant remember what it really was though...

Hoping either on you have seen it though so l dont seem like such a spastic.

l tried to find a video and l coudlnt even remember what the fuck it was really but it was some yank guy who had this random contraption that you somewhat 'get under'... It looks like you're in the bottom of a good morning with this thing resting on your back kind of and he would push his shoulder blades back l think to make it move 1inch rom with 1000+ pounds on it... cant remember what it really was though...

Hoping either on you have seen it though so l dont seem like such a spastic.

Sorry GooMan I haven't seen it
Spastic it is :D:D

...fuck sake, l am kind of use to being the spastic around here though. Meh...

Okay l've found something similar... But the guy l was trying to find was doing around about 10% of this ROM....
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S_TIRnBJII[/ame]

Last edited:
is there a reason that you go dead at the bottom...?

Not trying to badger you, just wondering if you do it for a reason, or 'just cause'

Looking closer at ryan's video, he's actually resting the bar on the safeties at the bottom. maybe we need a deadstop front squat category as well =)

Looking closer at ryan's video, he's actually resting the bar on the safeties at the bottom. maybe we need a deadstop front squat category as well =)

yeah, I know he is. That's why I asked why he goes dead (dead/unloaded weight) at the bottom.

Seems like it would make it harder to maintain good form at the bottom. The only time that I 'unload' persay is when doing box squats.

I'm sure someone will chime in about how it is a good exercise for power out of the bottom of a squat; here's hoping, anyway. I do enjoy a good education.

yeah, I know he is. That's why I asked why he goes dead (dead/unloaded weight) at the bottom.

Seems like it would make it harder to maintain good form at the bottom. The only time that I 'unload' persay is when doing box squats.

I'm sure someone will chime in about how it is a good exercise for power out of the bottom of a squat; here's hoping, anyway. I do enjoy a good education.

Look in his training log, l asked why he 'pauses' a few days ago. Answer is in there.

Look in his training log, l asked why he 'pauses' a few days ago. Answer is in there.

When his head wasn't quite in it?

In this video though, he completely unloads the bar onto the safeties... or did I not go far enough back into his log?

When his head wasn't quite in it?

In this video though, he completely unloads the bar onto the safeties... or did I not go far enough back into his log?

Ahh kk, didnt actually watch his FS video... Yeah that half doesnt answer your question then.

is there a reason that you go dead at the bottom...?

Not trying to badger you, just wondering if you do it for a reason, or 'just cause'
Keeps me honest. If I have the safety bars at that height and I don't touch them while front squatting, I know I'm cutting my ROM short.* Meanwhile if I lower the safety bars any further, the next slot down is far too low to be of any use. And I figure if I'm going to touch the safety bars, I may as well full-on Anderson them.

*ETA: Although I only realised this in the last couple weeks. Doesn't apply to my back squats, though -- if the bar touches the safeties in my back squat it's because my chest has dropped, not because I've gotten my hips lower. Thought I'd clarify that since my unintentionally paused backsquat from last week was brought up.

Last edited:
Keeps me honest. If I have the safety bars at that height and I don't touch them while front squatting, I know I'm cutting my ROM short. Meanwhile if I lower the safety bars any further, the next slot down is far too low to be of any use. And I figure if I'm going to touch the safety bars, I may as well full-on Anderson them.

fair enough - I'd did see that the safeties have huge gap between levels

UPDATED new entries highlighted in red.
Let me know if I have missed someone or screwed up.
Cheers