• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Standard mate.
I foolishly took the advice of a mate and bought some standard stuff early on instead of going olympic size straight lf the bat.
I bent the 8.5kg bar with a 131kg deadlift in only a couple months haha.

Tim.

my 8 kg bar handled a 198 kg squat without bending.i videoed it too.im trying to remember where on the net it is.

Standard mate.
I foolishly took the advice of a mate and bought some standard stuff early on instead of going olympic size straight lf the bat.
I bent the 8.5kg bar with a 131kg deadlift in only a couple months haha.

Tim.

My $50 standard bar never bent with 230 deadlifts. Still not bent now. My $600 Texas powerbar didn't make the year out before it got bent.

my 8 kg bar handled a 198 kg squat without bending.i videoed it too.im trying to remember where on the net it is.

My $50 standard bar never bent with 230 deadlifts. Still not bent now. My $600 Texas powerbar didn't make the year out before it got bent.
Its a strange world we live in.
Ive got a 250 odd dollar muscle motion barbell that takes any and all of the abuse i can throw at it. Lol.

Tim.

Not particularly hard to believe geraldine.

Very high rack pull.

Tim.

ive already revised his "nearly 300 kg dead" to around 250 based on him adjusting his numbers when pressured,the fact he uses straps and he probably hitched it.u can go ahead and believe it.dum dum.

lol.not really believable yet again.we ve already revised your "nearly 300 dead" to something a lot lower.im seeing a pattern here.

Don't try and put words in my mouth. You claimed the 300kg dead. I've never claimed 300 and now your down to nitpicking terms but don't think I claimed nearly 300 either.

I've only ever claimed what I lifted, 280. You jelly, it's a lot more than you lift if I recall right

Start lifting you weak piece of shit.

Not particularly hard to believe geraldine.

Very high rack pull.

Tim.

Gerry seems to one of those people that if anyone claims higher than what he can lift it can't be true.

Above knee rack pull its easily believable and that's what I was doing.

Gerry seems to one of those people that if anyone claims higher than what he can lift it can't be true.

without video evidence or anyone else of reasonable credibility to back up your claims your easily dismissed as full of shit.stop e statting pls.Kelvin deadlifts 300+ legitimately.i wonder if even he can rack pull 400.thats super heavy.your gym lifts are bullshit buddy.

Last edited:

100% mate. He still wont beleive it when i surpass him next year on everything.

Tim.

without video evidence or anyone else of reasonable credibility to back up your claims your easily dismissed as full of shit.stop e statting pls.

I don't care if some kiwi flog like yourself doesn't believe my lifts. Dismiss it all you want. I just lift in my shed for my own enjoyment.

You seem to care way too much about this.

You pack of nitpickers.

Barry ffs post a video 30 seconds, pick it up and drop it, hitch, don't hitch I don't care.