• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Back to @fadi; original thread idea. Existence is fleeting anyway, who's to say any of this is real. Life might be no more then a fleeting dream of another beign.

Look at the worker ant, he lives life with such drive to procreate and such single mindedness that it would be safe to assume in his world he feels like he is the centre of the universe that his society is all that matters. All he wants is the chance to feed and fuck his queen. Driven to the same base instinct we are - food, fuck, procreate, work for reward and an elevated place in his societ.

I have ants at home, it looks like rain, so there's lots of the little fucks. I'm going outside to crush 20 or so with my size 10 thong. Right up until I ended their existence they were living in a way near identical to how I live my life.

I had power over their lives and I exercised that power, somewhere there is a small worker ant who has had their breadwinner removed from the family, there is a queen who has lost a lover. I took that from them and they will never understand my existence or what I am in relation to them.

Does that make me a god?

Im not sure if the definition of God but I certainly am an unexplainable powerful force in their lives, I give them little more thought them crushing the life from them in s moment but I bet they feel the repercussions of my actions.

Whos to say we aren't just some other cünts version of the worker ant.

Live in the moment, fuck more, love more, do the shit you want but are scared to cause someone told you how you should live your life when you were a child.

If a size 10 (it's a metaphor dickheads) came out of the sky tomorrow and crushed me fucked if I'm gonna die wishing I fucked less chicks, spoke my mind less and spent more time debating theological bullshit. You're a long time dead, don't forget to enjoy the moment, it could be your last.

motherfucking ghandi brick dropping knowledge bombs on you ****s
@Fadi;
@islamthroughsubtlesubversion;
@vote1isis;
@whywontthis****snamenotify?;
@kaz; what gives?

Pick a theoretical framework that will help you make more sense of your impending and certain demise, the time you have here, and help you not be a **** while you are here. A fear of death is not an excuse for shitty behaviour.
[h=2]Theories[edit][/h][h=3]Thanatophobia[edit][/h]Sigmund Freud hypothesized that people express a fear of death, called thanatophobia. He saw this as a disguise for a deeper source of concern. It was not actually death that people feared, because in Freud's view nobody believes in his or her own death. The unconscious does not deal with the passage of time or with negations, which does not calculate amount of time left in one's life. Furthermore, that which one does fear cannot be death itself, because one has never died. People who express death-related fears, actually are trying to deal with unresolved childhood conflicts that they cannot come to terms with or express emotion towards.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][14][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP] The name Thanatophobia is made from the Greek figure of death known as Thanatos.
[h=3]Wisdom: Ego integrity vs. despair[edit][/h]Developmental Psychologist, Erik Erikson, formulated the psychosocial theory that explained that people progress through a series of crises as they grow older. The theory also envelops the concept that once an individual reaches the latest stages of life, they reach the level he titled as "ego integrity". Ego Integrity is when one comes to terms with his life and accepts it. It was also suggested that when a person reaches the stage of late adulthood he becomes involved in a thorough overview of his life to date. When one can find meaning or purpose in his life, he has reached the integrity stage. In opposition, when an individual views his life as a series of failed and missed opportunities, then he does not reach the ego integrity stage. Elders that have attained this stage of ego integrity are believed to exhibit less of an influence from death anxiety.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][14][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP]
[h=3]Terror management theory[edit][/h]Main article: Terror management theory
Theory of Ernest Becker was based on existential view which turned death anxiety theories towards a new dimension. It said that death anxiety is not only real, but also it is people's most profound source of concern. He explained the anxiety as so intense that it can generate fears and phobias of everyday life—Fears of being alone or in a confined space. Based on the theory, many of people's daily behavior consist of attempts to deny death and to keep their anxiety under strict regulation.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][14][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP][SUP][16][/SUP]
As an individual becomes more aware of the inevitability of death, they will instinctively try to suppress it out of fear. The method of suppression usually leads to mainstreaming towards cultural beliefs, leaning for external support rather than treading alone. This behavior may range from simply thinking about death to severe phobias and desperate actions.[SUP][17][/SUP]
[h=3]Death and adjustment hypotheses[edit][/h]Main article: Death and adjustment hypotheses
Mohammad Samir Hossain, faculty at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University and Medical College for Women and Hospital,[SUP][18][/SUP] postulated the Death and adjustment hypotheses. With the declaration of the hypotheses, two things were postulated. The first part of the hypotheses theorizes that death should not be considered the end of existence. The next segment states the belief that the immortal pattern of human existence can only be adopted in a morally rich life with the attitude towards morality and materialism balanced mutually.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][14][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP]
[h=3]Being, time, and Dasein[edit][/h]Martin Heidegger, the German philosopher, on the one hand showed death as something conclusively determined, in the sense that it is inevitable for every human being, while on the other hand, it unmasks its indeterminate nature via the truth that one never knows when or how death is going to come. Heidegger does not engage in speculation about whether being after death is possible. He argues that all human existence is embedded in time: past, present, future, and when considering the future, we encounter the notion of death. This then creates angst. Angst can create a clear understanding in one that death is a possible mode of existence, which Heidegger described as “clearing”. Thus, angst can lead to a freedom about existence, but only if we can stop denying our mortality (as expressed in Heidegger’s terminology as “stop denying being-for-death”).[SUP][19][/SUP]
[h=3]Meaning management theory[edit][/h]Paul T. P. Wong's work on the meaning management theory indicate that human reactions to death are complex, multifaceted and dynamic.[SUP][19][/SUP] His “Death Attitude Profile” identifies three types of death acceptances as Neutral, Approach and Escape acceptances. Apart from acceptances, his work also represents different aspects of the meaning of Death Fear that are rooted in the bases of death anxiety. The ten meanings he proposes are finality, uncertainty, annihilation, ultimate loss, life flow disruption, leaving the loved ones, pain and loneliness, prematurity and violence of death, failure of life work completion, judgment and retribution centered.
[h=3]Other theories[edit][/h]Other theories on death anxiety were introduced in the late part of the twentieth century.[SUP][20][/SUP] The existential approach, with theorists such as Rollo May and Viktor Frankl, views an individual's personality as being governed by the continuous choices and decisions in relation to the realities of life and death.[SUP][21][/SUP] Another approach is the regret theory which was introduced by Adrian Tomer and Grafton Eliason.[SUP][22][/SUP] The main focus of the theory is to target the way people evaluate the quality and/or worth of their lives.[SUP][22][/SUP] The possibility of death usually makes people more anxious if they feel that they have not and cannot accomplish any positive task in the life that they are living.[SUP][22][/SUP] Research has tried to unveil the factors that might influence the amount of anxiety people experience in life.[SUP][22][/SUP]
[h=3]Personal meanings of death[edit][/h]Humans develop meanings and associate them with objects and events in their environment, provoking certain emotions within an individual. People tend to develop personal meanings of death which could accordingly be negative or positive for the individual. If they are positive, then the consequences of those meanings can be comforting (for example, ideas of a rippling effect[SUP][23][/SUP] left on those still alive). If negative they can cause emotional turmoil. Depending on the certain meaning one has associated with death, the consequences will vary accordingly whether they are negative or positive meanings.[SUP][24][/SUP]

Well wingy, I don't ever recall an Aadvark building a double brick house or a praying mantis typing on the internet or dolphins sending themselves to the moon.

So yes your comment was still silly.

A_ykJ4_CMAArQyE.jpg:large

images

santa-claus-55.jpg

article-2543876-1ADEBF7500000578-50_634x418.jpg

images

Jokes on you @darkoz;. Internet = true.

You must be a real charmer wingers, I bet all the girls get real moist when you walk in the room

When Wingers walks in -

The sexual arousal responses of the multiple genital and non-genital peripheral anatomic structures are largely the product of spinal cord reflex mechanisms. The spinal segments are under descending excitatory and inhibitory control from multiple supraspinal sites. The afferent reflex arm is primarily via the pudendal nerve. The efferent reflex arm consists of coordinated somatic and autonomic activity. One spinal sexual reflex is the bulbocavernosus reflex involving sacral cord segments S 2,3 and 4 in which pudendal nerve stimulation results in pelvic floor muscle contraction. Another spinal sexual reflex involves vaginal and clitoral cavernosal autonomic nerve stimulation resulting in clitoral, labial and vaginal engorgement.
In the basal state, clitoral corporal and vaginal smooth muscles are under contractile tone. Following sexual stimulation, neurogenic and endothelial release of nitric oxide (NO) plays an important role in clitoral cavernosal artery and helicine arteriolar smooth muscle relaxation. This leads to a rise in clitoral cavernosal artery inflow, an increase in clitoral intracavernosal pressure, and clitoral engorgement. The result is extrusion of the glans clitoris and enhanced sensitivity.
In the basal state, the vaginal epithelium reabsorbs sodium from the submucosal capillary plasma transudate. Following sexual stimulation, a number of neurotransmitters including NO and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) are released modulating vaginal vascular and nonvascular smooth muscle relaxation. Dramatic increase in capillary inflow in the submucosa overwhelms Na-reabsorption leading to 3-5 ml of vaginal transudate, enhancing lubrication essential for pleasurable coitus. Vaginal smooth-muscle relaxation results in increased vaginal length and luminal diameter, especially in the distal two-thirds of the vagina (Fig. 1). Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide is a non-adrenergic non-cholinergic neurotransmitter that plays a role in enhancing vaginal blood flow, lubrication and secretions.

How sad is that, no one be crushing those little fucker ants. I think there is belief that they are reincarnated beings, so you don't wanna risk the chance of crushing your great grandad outside, would ya? :confused:

come on jungnaut, budhism is one of the great religions that squillions follow.

But i agree, is it any less stupid than the other ones in explaining the impossible about how life came into being?

I do t understand why we even ask the question 'how did we come to be?', why can't we enjoy the here and now rather than critiquing each other's fables?

I do t understand why we even ask the question 'how did we come to be?', why can't we enjoy the here and now rather than critiquing each other's fables?
Because we can, and because we are the only ones who can, and because we all have a driving urge to know about the what the who the why the when and the how. We all have a compelling need to ask, it’s the very essence of belonging to the human species. It is this very ability to ask questions that separates us from other creatures on this planet. And the results or the answers to these questions that we ask, is the very reason you are now able to enjoy the here and the now which you’ve mentioned in your post above; to be able to communicate with me whilst sitting in the comfort of your own home. It is this ability to ask and answer questions that you are now able to drive your V8 or your Suzuki Hayabusa and get one hell of a thrill whilst doing it. Your V8 and your Hayabusa are the sum of acquired knowledge of physics and chemistry which, had it not been for this inquisitive brain of ours, our very own survival would have been at risk.

Then there is our strong desire to comprehend. We yearn and we we crave to make sense of our world, even when at times, it may seem hopeless or impossible for us to do so. The human drive to know, to discover, as well as to dream, propels us toward a grand intellectual adventure, with more tantalising knowledge just around the corner, at every step. One piece of information leads to another, where one embarks on a joyful quest that may never end, but which will engage the mind in the pleasure of exercising its intellectual faculties, just like the body exercises its muscles.

Our minds seek the meaning of life when we ask questions. It’s a need related to our spirit; to our consciousness, to our soul, call it what you will, it’s that driver which our hands cannot feel nor touch, and involves intuition…, that mysterious "knowing" despite the absence of explicit reasoning, to think without thinking, providing us with a unison between sight and insight, providing a basis for more enquiry, leading to more questions.

I realise that the topic of this thread may not be everyone’s cup of tea, as some may not be interested in subjects relating to the metaphysical world, but will not hesitate to ask questions about their favourite hobby, or other subjects that is of interest to them. Asking a question is how we ask for knowledge, after all, what is Ausbb but a grand platform by which we’re all sharing our knowledge and seeking for more knowledge, all based on that uniquely human trait—the questioning mind!

Because religions teach/tell us that there is more, much much more than just the here and now.

I have no problems with scientific theories when they establish themselves to be factual. To say the formation of the earth is a lot more scientifically based than God based is not what I'm arguing here Barry. Where you are making a disassociation, I on the other hand am making an association. I can still say that God made the earth and use science to explain the how behind the who and the why.

What exactly do you mean when you use the word "evidence" Bazza? I hope you are not referring to the blatantly obvious here. If by "evidence" you mean physical evidence, then I would frankly find that extremely strange coming from you. You, you the atheist who prides himself on being motivated by reason, logic, and science, yet you fail abysmally in using that reason when you ask me to provide you with physical evidence for a God that belongs to the metaphysical sphere. Where's the logic in your request? I don't see logic but ignorance and failure to differentiate between what it is that belongs to the world of physics and that which belongs to the world of metaphysics. It's like me asking you to provide me with some physical evidence for love or hate. Try as you may, it's an impossibility. So if a so called reasonable/rational atheist asks of a theist to provide physical evidence for something that does not belong to the physical sphere of our existence, then that atheist in my opinion is leaving himself (or rather his argument) wide open for ridicule, characterised by fallacies and juvenile behaviour.

What is strange (if you're interested), is you not reading and comprehending my OP. There I described atheists and theist alike who ravel in their usage of mockery and ridicule, a tactic which you have evidently used in this thread. Unfortunately for you, you have failed miserably when it comes to the idea that different strokes for different folks needs to be taken into consideration if either community (theist and atheist) wishes to persuade the other to their way of thinking, or at least have a decent and intelligent discussion with one another, instead of resorting to immature conduct that is devoid of real substance, contributing to a total waste of time.

The door is still open if you wish to have an intelligent discussion with me Barry, but if resorting to mockery and ridicule is all you know and are capable of, then I would strongly advice that you take your argument somewhere else...perhaps to a Muslim/Christian extremist's website or similar.

What are some of the main objectives that atheists are aiming to achieve here? I’d like to share three with you.

Protecting the separation of church and state
2. Improving the public image of atheists.
3. Working toward a world without religion.

If we take number two for now, we find that people like you Barry are not contributing in any positive way to the cause so to speak. On the contrary, people with an attitude like yours, are actually giving this movement a bad name. As one atheist put it, “I'm getting really sick of religious people being able to find such ample evidence of atheists acting like complete asses because I am sick of being guilty by association. So, I think it's important to remember our goals and consider whether the things we say are detrimental to those goals”.

And just to balance things out here for you Barry, preaching and justifying their hell and damnation fear-mongering as legitimate means to gain conversions… "Cause that's exactly what some people need to get saved." Nothing ticked me off or turned me off more than the use of that scare mongering/judgmental tactic that is so often used by “religious people”!

I used to be on your side of the fence up until the age of 28 mate, but I never had the need or inclination to resort to methods/discussions that were less than intellectually based.

Using the baffle them with bullshit approach I see.

Because religions teach/tell us that there is more, much much more than just the here and now.

How does it teach us that?

wasnt there a bloke in Queensland claiming he is the second coming of Jesus a few years ago. People laugh and say he is crazy but will then go to church and pray to a bloke claiming the same thing.

How does it teach us that?

wasnt there a bloke in Queensland claiming he is the second coming of Jesus a few years ago. People laugh and say he is crazy but will then go to church and pray to a bloke claiming the same thing.

What the fuck are Heaven and Hell supposed to be????

Before @Bazza20; comes back with another Troll post, the statement Wingman made was:

I replied, because religion tells/teaches us that there is more than just the here and now ie. Heaven and Hell.

Whether you believe in Heaven and Hell is irrelevant. Religion tells us/teaches us that there is more than just the here and now. Personally I don't believe in Heaven and Hell but religion teaches us that there is such a thing. That's what religion does.

Last edited:
Before @Bazza20; comes back with another Troll post, the statement Wingman made was:

I replied, because religion tells/teaches us that there is more than just the here and now ie. Heaven and Hell.

Whether you believe in Heaven and Hell is irrelevant. Religion tells us/teaches us that there is more than just the here and now. Personally I don't believe in Heaven and Hell but religion teaches us that there is such a thing. That's what religion does.
Not all religions believe in hell
I do wonder though how many self confessed Christians would still claim to be Christians if the teaching of hell wasn't used as a fear tactic.
I do think the number would be very small as I believe than many if not most 'Christians' are Christians for selfish reasons.

I do wonder though how many self confessed Christians would still claim to be Christians if the teaching of hell wasn't used as a fear tactic.
I do think the number would be very small as I believe than many if not most 'Christians' are Christians for selfish reasons.

Hi Darkoz,

You made some interesting points above which I wasn't aware of, thank you Sir. I'll give you an analogy regarding worship, or why worship. Your (and my) mum and dad, we treat them with utmost respect don't we? Why do we do it? Is our conduct toward our parents driven by some ulterior motives? I say no, we do not treat our parents with respect and kindness because we want something materialistic from them, and we don't mistreat our parents lest they punish us and take away our "toys". We simply respect them because they deserve our respect, they are worthy of our love, admiration, and all the affection we can give and show them. There is no way in the world a child can ever repay his parents with anything that comes with a dollar sign attached to it.

Similarly, to worship the Creator out of fear or favour is to be selfish, arrogant, and out of touch with our position in comparison to His. We believe and worship because He is worthy and deserving of our belief and worship, even though the ultimate beneficiary is us and not Him.

That's how it is from my point of view brother, and I do thank you for reading.

Major religions.
Jews believe in the first Testament - afterlife, Books of Job, Book of Proverbs, Book of Ecclesiastes all teach "a wise man thinks of death" the afterlife.
Christians believe in the consequences after death.
Buddhists believe in the afterlife and reincarnation.
Hinduism believe in rebirth and reincarnation.
Muslims believe in Paradise (heaven).
etc etc etc.

All believe in consequences after death which was the topic Wingman brought up.

Last edited:
If it's old it's called a religion, if it's recent it's a cult, apart from that not much difference between the two.

All believe in consequences after death which was the topic Wingman brought up.
All stories, not actual consequences.

I'm sure I heard stories of the aboriginal dream time saying the rivers were formed by a huge snake slithering across the land. Now many religious people will scoff at that being taken literally but it has as much truth to is as the rest of the stories in other religions.