• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Lol'd at the camera.
Lucky it didn't fall earlier but then again, you made it look easy so there was probably another attempt in the tank

70kg x 1 @ 78.9kg

Fucked it all up but ground it out. Have never attempted it before so the first one I filmed had a slight push at the bottom.
Scratch that and go again. Did ok but used 2x10kg bumpers and a small 5kg plate, couldn't see the weight with the camera placement.
Scratch that too and replace with a 10 and 15kg bumper. But in my haste I left 2 x 10's on one side. Tried to unrack it and took a bit to work out what was going on lol. Fuck that one off and try again. End result below...And morning weight for proof. Dropped a few kgs overnight :D

PS Stop checking out my glutes you kunce!

99a31c77c62151ab278deb62dd15ad4a.jpg

well done white lie.

Have put it up, but make sure you lockout next time.

You have a very narrow grip, I have seen a few guys press like that.

Well done Whitey!! I know what you mean about camera miss takes lmao. TFW you replay and can't see the weights on the BB... fffuuu

Yeah that is a really narrow grip, man. Do you find the bar has a tendency to drift further out front when you do it like that? I am experimenting with a wider grip to deal with this specific issue. I want the BB to scrape my chin.

Edit: that looks to be an epic dump you took in the morning :D

well done white lie.

Have put it up, but make sure you lockout next time.

You have a very narrow grip, I have seen a few guys press like that.
I knew someone would mention that. I never hold at lockout, just the way I train to keep everything under tension. Will make it a bit more obvious next time

Well done Whitey!! I know what you mean about camera miss takes lmao. TFW you replay and can't see the weights on the BB... fffuuu

Yeah that is a really narrow grip, man. Do you find the bar has a tendency to drift further out front when you do it like that? I am experimenting with a wider grip to deal with this specific issue. I want the BB to scrape my chin.

Edit: that looks to be an epic dump you took in the morning :D
I follow the Alan Thrall method of tucking my elbows in to my lats. Minimal lats means a very narrow grip lol

Ps - I hadn't even taken a dump yet!

Gave it another go today. Quick warmup at 60kg's after my front squats, then attempted 75...no way that mofo was going up today. Didn't want to do 72.5 as you wouldn't see the plates. So did 70kg again with a longer lockout. Still a grinder after the 75kg fail :( Better kunce or do I need to hold it longer still?
Dropped a bit more weight to throw things in my favour though. 78.3kg after a 300g shit this morning :D

3b6f71082ac3a91dda511bc88bd5f24b.jpg

Much better lockout :) Yes, 1-2kg feels like a tonne extra when it comes to the overhead press. I haven't been able to better my attempt since my injury. I am programming more volume in though so hope to finish the year on a high.

backed of today, leaving my next max attempt for Doherty's City gym, 15 Aug. 2015.

Today I did 4 sets of 2 reps of clean and press on 70kg (90 seconds rest).

I am hoping for 82.5kg after clean.