• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Yet another squatting thread

Well done, mate, it's very satisfying to jump in and do something you thought you'd never be able to do, isn't it?

A gym PT today seeing me deadlift. "I thought you had a bad back?"

"I will if I don't deadlift and squat."

I believe Markos calls it the Fix It Or Fck It method.

And yes, of course this must be with qualified medical advice. But still... more of us can do stuff than is often thought.

Zarkov, I was squatting 5 times a week directly. Indirectly all up probably 13 at least. So as Markos, Nick, and David have said; it's the frequency with the appropriate weights and recovery that will sky rocket your strength in the leg department.

Fadi.

A bit of an update and a question.
Moved up to 85kg squats as of this week (my bw is about 86-87kg).
Love the feeling of moving up the ladder but i have one little setback -
I feel like spewing!Josh mentioned this just the other day and on the lighter
squats it didn`t bother me but today was bad.
First set was intended to be 8 but at 5 the chunder feeling started.At 6 I was one more squat away from bringing it up.Second set it started from 4 so quit at 6 again.Third set it started from the second and was right at the top of my throat at 6 so stopped again.
I eat right before I go into the gym,usually something lightish like a peanut butter sanger or a bit of an omelette etc.If I don`t eat right before I feel sluggish and get starving hungry way before I finish.I have to suspect that this is the problem so does anyone else have this?Is there anything you can recommend to eat that won`t come back up?Or do I just battle through it and it passes as you get accustomed to the lifts?

Just keep going. It will pass as you get use to the workload.

Thanks.That is what I was thinking.
At 85kg I was lifting it pretty well,not busting a gasket or anything so I thought it might be eating beforehand.

I cant eat immediately before a workout or I'd be constantly bringing it up. I generally have something about 45min-1hr before I train and I'm ok.