• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

wpi vs wpc vs casein vs Blend

boxing23

Hi im new to bodybuilding and was told to get a sustained release blend because it covers all bases but is there really that much difference. I am finding it very expensive and as a apprentice I would like to save my money and buy in bulk from somewhere like bulk nutrients or power supplements. Though none of these companies stock a blend as of yet I was wondering what is best to get WPI or WPC and weather or not i should get a casein to mix in for my shake before i go to bed. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers Sean

Some ppl will say just get WPC and u'll be sweet.

But I would suggest get a WPI for around training times and a casein for before bed - nuy both in bulk and still cheap.

I have been using a blend after training but will be going back to a pure isolate in a few days.

Just got my WPI from BN today, very nice mixed easily, nice taste (bought Strawberry and Banana flavour, as I still have vanilla and chock from another brand that I will no longer be buying once it runs out).

Just get what you like, get WPC if your budget is tight, or get WPI if you have the extra $$$ for the higher grade, or get both and blend your own, at least you will know what you are getting.

Once my vanilla and chock run out I will be ordering them from BN as well as a bag of the Calcium Caseinate protein for night time use. (I still have some Max's Nite time protein that will be replaced), so just blend your own sustained release protein by blending WPI and/or WPC with Calcium Caseinate.

I am in the process of changing over to BN products as I run out of stuff, as the quality is better and the price is cheaper.:)

I only have different flavours (have four flovours ATM) as I like to mix it up, and if I look forward to my protein I will have it rather than hating it and making it a chore to take.

It's just protein no need to over complicate it.

I agree with that, as long as you get your protein you will be fine, don't get too confused or worried about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input fellas i have decided i will probably just go for the wpc seeing that I am trying to put some serious muscle on so the extra fat and carbs will probably help with that. At the moment im using a brand name post work out shake. Im thinking about getting some bulk wpi and some form of carbs and mixing my own post work out shake. I just have to do a bit of research into what will be the best mix and what form of carbs is best for me.

Cheers Sean

Yep, I agree with Bazza on this one. I just got 10kg of wpc from BN, I wanted to start having 3-4 shakes a day and thought the best bang for buck would come from wpc in bulk. That being said the WPI I bought last time was a little nicer on the palet and apparently absorbs faster so would be good for after workout, I just smash the wpc anyway.

If your on a tight apprentice/student budget, just mix the WPC with water after training, but with milk before bed to give it the Casein effect. :)

Just get some wpc and you'll be sweet. Lol.

It's just protein no need to over complicate it.

This is the ONLY protein you need. Unless you have lactose problems the go for a WPI. You don't need casein for before bed, you aint going catabolic while you sleep :D

It doesn't matter THAT much, but I always prefer a WPI/WPC mix over a straight WPC. It mixes better with water, milk and any foods I eat it with (oats)

Comes down to personal preference.

Just got myself a tub of ON whey, the choc malt is deliciiisoossusus!

hey guys probably should let you know i ordered 5kg of chocolate wpc from BN about 3 days ago havent received it yet probably at the post office 2 mins away from me for the weekend haha. Personally how it mixes and tastes isnt a huge priority for me because i usually have to skull it anyway because of my job and what not its just used for a quick and easy way to keep my protein up. Looking forward to testing it out when it gets here though. It will be interesting to see if i keep on gaining seeing that this will be replacing a mass gain shake i was using. If i stop gaining ill just mix some carbs in though.

Most mass gain shakes are just cheap protein and dextrose mixed together, dextrose is about $2-4 per kilo from home brew shops. so just mix your own.