• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you rather live in a world without PEDs?

Would you rather live in a world with no PEDs?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
It would be awesome if there was a 100% detection ability. I would love to see pure genetic potential without drugs, just to see whats possible. On the other hand, I would like steroid use legalized so all peeps had to do was see a Doc and get the right stuff/doses etc.
And I would love to see what was possible with drug enhancement in sports uninhibited, just to see how far the human body could be pushed. Some would say it is happening already, but if it was legal it would be better still IMO.

we, fans of sport have demanded better and better so its no wonder most athletes are on something these days..

It's not the drugs that make an elite athlete great they may be one factor but what about genetics, predisposition to injury, drive to succeed.

Pistacio interesting that you are anti hormones but happy to jack peptides to change your skin tone. do you think guys that put a lot of time and effort into maintaining a natural tan get the shits with melatonan users?

still, would be nice to have a "clean" olympics/whatever, and then a "Pro" league :D

Spot on. I'd love to see what athletes could do if they were all getting a bit of help. I guarantee the clean side wouldn't get many spectators, people want to see performance at the limits of human capability. No-one would want to watch the 100m run in 9.9 if someone was doing it in 9.5 next door.

Personally I'd love it. Most people when they see someone big and cut assume juice or other PEDs. This way, you'd know for sure. And you'd be a lot more impressed.

And I'd be curious to see how much smaller everyone would be. I reckon big/cut guys would be a rare sight...

People only assume PEDs because they don't know what they are looking at. Most people are way too lazy to explore their own genetic potential and they can't stand the thought that someone with a bit of drive can be so far ahead of them in terms of physical capability so they make excuses for themselves such as, "He must be on drugs." Most of the finger pointing comes from jealousy and fear.

I fail to understand why I'd be more impressed by a big, lean physique if I knew it was clean. It should be the physique that counts, not the effort that went into it. A given physique has a certain level of capability regardless of how it was achieved, surely it is that capability that is impressive. The manner in which it was built is irrelevant to the performance.

A lot of your posts lately have suggested that you want points for effort. You bust your guts clean and you feel dudded because some punk does a few cycles and goes past you. Well it just so happens that I'm in charge of handing out points for effort and you win today's allocation, plus a few extra for stating your case so loudly. You now have 1,000,050 points for effort, go see if you can use them to buy a bus ticket.

My point is, if you stop keeping score against other people, you will be happier. Just keep score against yourself and all this angst about big/cut guys that somehow cheated you (even though they don't know you are alive) will just go away.

It does suck that if you want to be top level at your sport you pretty much have to take PED's.

It does suck that people that take PED's gain faster than us natties.

It does suck that when you reach your genetic potential, people will just assume your on PED's.

Olympic games/world records would be much better it the world was PED free.

Thats life. Sometimes you have to do things for yourself, it would be nice to see a PED free world... or at least a 100% detection while enforcing regulations..

Don't even worry about PEDs only being at top level sport. With the local footy teams often paying well over $1000 a game to top players there are plenty of weekend sports people gettin on the gear for sport.

Don't even worry about PEDs only being at top level sport. With the local footy teams often paying well over $1000 a game to top players there are plenty of weekend sports people gettin on the gear for sport.

x 100 - I could give you prob about a list of 20-30 ppl I know of lol

I have a mate who trains with a bunch of the local footy players (NRL), who just gain like mofo's. He thinks they are natties because they get "tested"...

I keep trying to tell him they are most likely on the gear.

It frustrates him, he thinks he is just spinning his wheels, It does give people false hope.

Hell, when I first started lifting, I thought it would take no time to get huge..

x 100 - I could give you prob about a list of 20-30 ppl I know of lol

Yeah I know of a fair few and plenty more I don't know about. I'm not sure what to think off it. On one hand they have an advantage over me but on the other hand I don't give that much of a shit about it, nothing i can do about it anyway. Most get on the gear and train like shit anyway and would be better off with just a decent weights program.

I have a mate who trains with a bunch of the local footy players (NRL), who just gain like mofo's. He thinks they are natties because they get "tested"...

I keep trying to tell him they are most likely on the gear.

It frustrates him, he thinks he is just spinning his wheels, It does give people false hope.

Hell, when I first started lifting, I thought it would take no time to get huge..

No testing in local footy (AFL) here or anywhere that I know of.

After lifting for a bit you realise getting big takes years of hard work.

if i had the choice between a world with/without PED's i'd say without for the same reasons as you Pistachio to see the human body pushed as far as it can naturally. since this world can never exist though i'd love to see just how far drugs could take usi in this world but i guess we are seeing that now whether we know it or not

Joel, you seem to be in the know here.
As an example, what approximate percentage of NRL players do you think would have recently or currently be using PED's ?

Most.

I'd rather drugs be allowed in sport, that way it's a level playing feild and there are no cheats.

Would you prefer to see a guy squat 500kg or 300kg?
105kg @ 3% or 80kg @ 3%?

Joel, you seem to be in the know here.
As an example, what approximate percentage of NRL players do you think would have recently or currently be using PED's ?

I dont know mate...I would say a fairly sizeable % would be using something....I know there was a few NRL players done acouple years ago here in canberra for HGH....

1st grade RL and Union (local 1st grade not NRL level) here in canberra there is ALOT of guys using...not HGH so much but test/dbol etc...

You'll find most athletes will use HGH over the "normal" steroids....cant be tested for, way better recovery, better overall performance etc etc....

Pistacio interesting that you are anti hormones but happy to jack peptides to change your skin tone. do you think guys that put a lot of time and effort into maintaining a natural tan get the shits with melatonan users?

I'm not necessarily anti-hormone, I just think it would be interesting to live in a world where they don't exist and see how different everyone is. It would be interesting to see JUST how prevalent and widespread their use is.

I was waiting for someone to raise the melanotan tho lol.

Basically, this is a totally different story. Getting to my current tan 'naturally' would be unhealthy and involve severe skin damage and possible risk of skin cancer.

Except for people who tan naturally really easily (ie in like a day), tanning is pretty much dangerous for everyone.

I could live without a tan of course, but seeing as it is available and as far as I can tell, safe to use, why not?

I fail to understand why I'd be more impressed by a big, lean physique if I knew it was clean. It should be the physique that counts, not the effort that went into it. A given physique has a certain level of capability regardless of how it was achieved, surely it is that capability that is impressive. The manner in which it was built is irrelevant to the performance.

A lot of your posts lately have suggested that you want points for effort. You bust your guts clean and you feel dudded because some punk does a few cycles and goes past you. Well it just so happens that I'm in charge of handing out points for effort and you win today's allocation, plus a few extra for stating your case so loudly. You now have 1,000,050 points for effort, go see if you can use them to buy a bus ticket.

My point is, if you stop keeping score against other people, you will be happier. Just keep score against yourself and all this angst about big/cut guys that somehow cheated you (even though they don't know you are alive) will just go away.

Lol. Different points of view I guess mate. You are correct in that I respect and value EFFORT over the end product. Especially with something where genetics is heavily involved. I mean i also admire people with ridiculous genetics, just for the pure spectacle of it, but it isn't as impressive. If I see two guys at the gym, one is 100kgs and ripped, but got there in 1 year of fairly crappy training, but multiple cycles and awesome genetics and then i see another guy at 90kgs ripped, but it took him 4 years of ridiculously hard work, i'd respect the smaller guy a lot more.

I'd still find the physique of the bigger guy impressive (assuming good proportions, aesthetics etc). But for me, it is all about the journey there, not just the end product. Someone born with an amazing physique has some impressive genetics no doubt, but it doesn't impress me that much that they were gifted with it since birth.

A very similar analogy is self made millionaires compared to people born into wealth. Who would you find more impressive? Say they both had exactly $100 million dollars, but one was born into a rich family the other a poor. The end product is the same, but one had to work much harder to get there, and to me, that is much more impressive.

This is a good point also.