• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you get pissed off if...

kindred

...you saw someone using the cardio equipment in the gym for 30+ mins if gyms regs say 20mins max.

Just wondering what everyone opinions are. For me I wouldnt care that much but im a curious person so wanna know what you all think.

Also do you think its sexist to have a female only cardio room and a mixed one? Cause my gym basicaly has 2 rooms women can use and only one men can use.

Women have their own room which is why it annoys me. They r the ones that probably insisted on the rule and yet there they r using the machines! in the mixed room and there room is bare. rant rant rant.

not sure if my local still does it , but my local gym/swim centre used to have a women only night , no males were allowed in due to some women not liking to work out in front of males, when the males arked up claiming discrimination saying that some males don't like to work out in front of females they pretty much dismissed it saying that the equal rights commission had given it the go ahead

as for the time limits , sometimes they are needed , some people don't know how to share

Thats good and all but it doesnt really answer my question... Would you get pissed off if i were to use a cardio machine for 30mins instead of the reg 20mins? I dont really wanna make anyone mad or anythin.

Last edited:
I think you should be allowed to sit on the machine as long as you need to get a proper workout.

Why pay for gym membership if they won't let you workout the way you want?

It's ridiculous. If they want the rule enforced, they should separate the cardio up into a "warm-up" section and a fitness section. Then a couple of machines i.e. the warm up section can have a time limit, but if you want to do a straight hour on the treadmil or bike you still can on the other machines.

Easy, if someone is waiting for you to finish, then you should only take the allowed 20 mins. Yes I would get pissed off if I was waiting for someone that was taking 10 mins extra on the machine I was waiting for. I would probably go up to the person after 20 mins and say 'are you going to be much longer'. People are usually polite at the gym, i'd be surprised if you needed to do any more then that to get your go.

But if no one else is waiting, then take as long as you like.

If they have to set a 20min limit then they have too many members or not enough machines.
My tready has unlimited time limit 24/7 so i don't give a hoot. :)

30mins eliptical and 30mins stationary bike today ****ing stoked i never thought id be able to do that shit!!!!!!!

NOTE: I am one fat fat out of shape mofo if i told u how much u would think its amazing i can walk i am happy as shit for this cardioness!!!!!!!!!!!!

30mins eliptical and 30mins stationary bike today ****ing stoked i never thought id be able to do that shit!!!!!!!

NOTE: I am one fat fat out of shape mofo if i told u how much u would think its amazing i can walk i am happy as shit for this cardioness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious - just the way you talk on here made me imagine someone of average build trying to put on muscle not a big guy trying to get slim/strong.

If you really are fat (seriously fat) then my perception was WAAAAAYYY off base.

Are you serious - just the way you talk on here made me imagine someone of average build trying to put on muscle not a big guy trying to get slim/strong.

If you really are fat (seriously fat) then my perception was WAAAAAYYY off base.

Really? Nope im a fatty. I do wanna build muscle tho because i have little of it. Whats the point in getting rid of bf% if you are gonna be skinny underneath. Hope that makes sense.

Kindred, what are your stats, height, weight, bodyfat if you know it.

Show us a pic....

Height: 6 foot 4ish (or in the red when u look at those height things in service stations to help police get descriptions of people :p
Weight: dunno dont register on scale, guessing thats a bad thing...
BF%: dont know but would like too
Picture: Nah you dont wanna see me

I have long arms and legs, so any muscle i do put on doesnt show much.

You sound big.

I'd love to be an extra couple inches taller, 6'2 would be good.

When you get some serious muscle you can really dominate !!!

My image is also way off. I imagined you as skinny, trying to build muscle, half Asian wearing a singlet and a white baseball hat.