• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout EQUIPMENT - WHAT DO YOU OWN .

CBF starting a new thread so here goes......
currently have these style weight plates, they absolutely stink like recycled rubber. Even after 6 months of airing the room and toilet sprays. They guy offers a cheaper price when you go to his shop and not purchse through ebay.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=250801983962&index=21&nav=SEARCH&nid=76913366685

But then found gym and fitness sell very similar.
Rubber Coated Olympic Weight Plates

Do the gym and fitness ones smell like recycled rubber and forget the black and go coloured bumpers?
Need to get more weights at home but I like them all the same.

If the G&F plates are the same Muscle Motion plates that are also available at Gym Direct (which I believe they are), then you shouldn't have a problem after airing them for a few days. I've got all my rubber plates from GD and the smell issue was very temporary.

cb64f125-91be-1e7a.jpg

I really like the high ceiling. The space and the equipment are great, but the high ceiling reminds me of the AIS lifting hall.

Fadi.

Last edited:
If the G&F plates are the same Muscle Motion plates that are also available at Gym Direct (which I believe they are), then you shouldn't have a problem after airing them for a few days. I've got all my rubber plates from GD and the smell issue was very temporary.

i think some people are more tolerant to the smell then others, i have the G&F ones, straight from the pack was like 2 seconds of smell, but it went away when i chucked all the packaging.

Is that an EFS GHR?

If not, where from / cost?

Jealous

Edit: Bit of research leads me to believe its prob the Force USA one? Do you find the foot plate is big enough?

Last edited:
Is that an EFS GHR?

If not, where from / cost?

Jealous

Edit: Bit of research leads me to believe its prob the Force USA one? Do you find the foot plate is big enough?

Force, it is of good design and the best of the cheaper ones i have used.

I have used a few EFS ones as well. A couple of welds here and there and it should be perfect.

Foot plate is fine and have no problems. Very happy with the purchase.