• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Women bulk?

Do others have cheat meals / treats? If so how often and what is your cheat / treat of choice?

I'll admit I don't gorge myself but its enough to look forward to throughout the week and feel 'full' afterwards :)

Do others have cheat meals / treats? If so how often and what is your cheat / treat of choice?

I'll admit I don't gorge myself but its enough to look forward to throughout the week and feel 'full' afterwards :)

i don't believe in the concept of cheat meals because that is a negative concept ... as if there is good and bad food, you know?

i allow myself treats nearly every day within my macro allowance.

i eat at least half my daily intake after 6pm so I feel full every night :p

My fave treat is usually chocolate :D
But I'll have stuff that I make or a pastry/dessert.
I don't eat junk food though, never have.

pizza is not a cheat meal in my view. maybe because I'm italian lol

I think I'm used to eating quite clean - I don't crave or miss any foods, but I understand the negative perception that can be conjured up with the 'cheat' meal ;).

The desserts I've seen on your page are absolutely mouth watering!!!! You're so talented :)

i don't believe in the concept of cheat meals because that is a negative concept ... as if there is good and bad food, you know?

i allow myself treats nearly every day within my macro allowance.

i eat at least half my daily intake after 6pm so I feel full every night :p

My fave treat is usually chocolate :D
But I'll have stuff that I make or a pastry/dessert.
I don't eat junk food though, never have.

pizza is not a cheat meal in my view. maybe because I'm italian lol

Agree. Cheat meals makes it sound as if you have cheated your diet.

Fit foods you enjoy into your diet and no such thing as making yourself feel guilty about cheat meals.

One last question (for tonight anyway lol)......

Cardio when 'bulking / building'.....yes / no?

Does it depend on whether one is trying to 'bulk / build' and maintain lean-ness - in which case they would continue with cardio? Or is there no hard and fast rule and down to personal preference?

Does it depend on whether one is trying to 'bulk / build' and maintain lean-ness - in which case they would continue with cardio? Or is there no hard and fast rule and down to personal preference?

I do very little cardio ... which is a shame cos I really love it (said noone ever except me lol)

if you lift heavy you get some conditioning from that too in terms of cardiovascular benefit.

but it depends on why you want to do it. I do a little bit mainly because i have asthma and respiratory allergies and it helps me keep my lung capacity up (plus I really do love it :D)

I do one session a week of HIIT training atm treadmill interval sprints full capacity so when I get off I AM stuffed

Well this week I'm doing it because I'm being paid to do it...

Sounds bad but I do enjoy instructing - but I'm conscious that it can have a detrimental effect on my new 'passion' if that makes sense.

And thats just the thing....I'm simply following the plan they gave me....

Protein powder in the morning breakfast smoothie
Protein powder mid morning snack
Protein powder after workout (won't change that!)
Protein powder in the evening pudding / mousse - kinda addicted to that one lol!

So this 'you must eat every 3 hours thing to keep burning the metabolism' is crap. Apparently if I am late for a meal my muscles will start eating each other and if I eat too early I'll just get fat?!?!?! :eek:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to help get me on the right path - I sincerely appreciate it!!

Interdasting... Who's work is this?

Can you link???

I can't link, as they just email documents, but it's FitAngels Inc - Janere Reid.

Don't get me wrong, for some it is probably suitable, and her girls DO look amazing - it's just not in line with my goals - and I'm not convinced one size fits all in fitness in these cases....I personally know one girl and she does look amazing and swears by her methods. I guess it's individual. I just couldn't pay $1200 for a comp prep package.

I became cautious when she asked me to complete a questionnaire and send pics then replied how awesome I was. I actually thought I must have been looking good until a friend told me she had the same 'line' from her then persuaded her to do one on one training. $600 for 10 x 30 min sessions....ouch!

One size fits all programs are fundamentally flawed. If it cannot be personalised for you specifically, don't hand over the money

I could be wrong on this, but if you upped your food for the day by an amount which would suit the extra exercise, I don't think there would be any negative affect to your body's make up.

If anything, the odd bit of cardio should help with lung capacity, which hopefully will aid in breathing when lifting heavy.

I am no expert, but I find getting clean air makes a massive difference to my squats and deads, especially when trying to push out big set numbers like 10 reps + .

Last edited: