• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Women bulk?

Ok - I re-read that calculator and saw where I went wrong!

So I'm looking at:
145 grams protein
26 grams fat
275 grams of carbs

And according to MFP I've been coming in (on average) I've been consuming:
180 grams of protein
24 grams of fats
160 grams of carbs

I'm really quite disappointed in myself for buying such an online 'one size fits all' program that bangs on about eating every 3 hours - and is quite strict on doing so - I'm not eating nearly enough. :(
Goes to show, regardless of sparkly logos, previous titles etc - not all know whats best for the individual.

Abbasolutely.
Remember to eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks to actually workout your maintenance level. These calcs are a) not based on female populations and b) only a guestimate.
I found, for me, that using my BW in lbs x 16 was about right. that was at the lower end. This makes perfect sense in fact. So err on the side of the lower end.

Then you need to think about how you respond to carbs vs fats. Do you react badly to either in your diet? If not, then this is a good starting point.

If you do the 1% increase of kcals per week, keep your protein fixed, it does not need to go higher.
I looked at your diary before on mfp and OMG you needed to supp with so much protein powder, not good.
use it only as a supp, not as a crutch in place of real food. Try to get your protein from whole food sources as much as possible.

You will do great :D

EDIT: don't feel bad. lots of people get into those ... you eat as many or as few meals and with whatever frequency suits you best. cos it really doesn't matter :)

Abbasolutely.
Remember to eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks to actually workout your maintenance level. These calcs are a) not based on female populations and b) only a guestimate.
I found, for me, that using my BW in lbs x 16 was about right. that was at the lower end. This makes perfect sense in fact. So err on the side of the lower end.

Then you need to think about how you respond to carbs vs fats. Do you react badly to either in your diet? If not, then this is a good starting point.

If you do the 1% increase of kcals per week, keep your protein fixed, it does not need to go higher.
I looked at your diary before on mfp and OMG you needed to supp with so much protein powder, not good.
use it only as a supp, not as a crutch in place of real food. Try to get your protein from whole food sources as much as possible.

You will do great :D

EDIT: don't feel bad. lots of people get into those ... you eat as many or as few meals and with whatever frequency suits you best. cos it really doesn't matter :)

And thats just the thing....I'm simply following the plan they gave me....

Protein powder in the morning breakfast smoothie
Protein powder mid morning snack
Protein powder after workout (won't change that!)
Protein powder in the evening pudding / mousse - kinda addicted to that one lol!

So this 'you must eat every 3 hours thing to keep burning the metabolism' is crap. Apparently if I am late for a meal my muscles will start eating each other and if I eat too early I'll just get fat?!?!?! :eek:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to help get me on the right path - I sincerely appreciate it!!

it's an emotional issue .. we are messing with our health and the way we look so the fear of getting it wrong (and the real possibility of stuffing ourselves up if we do) makes it scary.

lots of confusing, often wrong, info out there. luckily also good commonsense :)

keep the shake and the pudding ... I had both tonight! lol

I have been trying not to do this....but it has got the better of me....

Chuck Norris does not do push-ups.....

Chuck Norris pushes the world down.

I have been trying not to do this....but it has got the better of me....

Chuck Norris does not do push-ups.....

Chuck Norris pushes the world down.

Chuck Norris has more class than that, sir.

He stares at the world and it bends to his will.

now start your own CN thread like a good lad.

Very out of my comfort zone - I'm trying to trust the process...I've upped the calories - all healthy choices. So far for breakfast I've increased by 200 calories..

Very out of my comfort zone - I'm trying to trust the process...I've upped the calories - all healthy choices. So far for breakfast I've increased by 200 calories..

yes, it's a bit bizarre to start with. Hey, I used to be luck to eat 1000kcals per day .. not because i chose to, just a serious lack of appetite :(

i've essentially doubled my intake but it took some doing and getting used to mentally.

Funny thing is ... i haven't become as big as a house... my mum keeps asking where all the food goes LOL

Allow yourself treats but yeah, good to get into the habit of mostly healthy.

:)

I like to allow myself one evening where I eat what I want...

So tonight the family is off to Hogs Breath Cafe and I feel I might go halves in one of those massive rocky road sundaes?

6udu4u9y.jpg

and my idea of a cheat ... well, I don't do cheat meals, but a treat ...

I'm making my Mousse au Chocolat tomorrow to celebrate Bastille Day :D

I'm a fast food free zone lol

I like to allow myself one evening where I eat what I want...

So tonight the family is off to Hogs Breath Cafe and I feel I might go halves in one of those massive rocky road sundaes?

Half? They are a 6 serves dessert!!
I ate a whole one after a PL comp ;)