• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

winter cardio sugestions

I assume this is one of the reasons you do a full body routine three times a week @Silverback ; The very nature of full body routines gives a better cardio response as well as the "systemic response" I've read about???

At times my heart is beating really fast and breating is heavy, and hurts like a bitch it's the only way i know, for myself.. if i feel like i dont need to lie down i havn't worked hard enough, I feel electric the next day.

It depends on what sort of cardio you actually want to do.

If it is HIIT style, then something like KB complexes and body weight exercises are great.

If it is LISS/MISS, just get whatever you actually will use. For me, that would be a bike or elliptical that I can plonk in front of the tv. (And you can still do HIIT on these too I guess)

I love circuits, but I prefer machines and barbells as i like to add weight as i progess rather than adding reps and sets, you can get a lot done in 10 minutes if you work hard enough.
With circuits, time is the essence and the faster I can get through the better conditioned and strong i think i am.

faster , i mean by moving from one exercise to the next, doing a squat for BW on the bar for 30 and then going straight to the push x 12 to a pull x 12 for example without rest and doing that three times in a circuit would show that one is strong and cardio fit.