• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of words without actually answering the question.

It's up to the police to do there job and catch people using illegal drugs not sporting clubs.

An insurance company's attitude towards a sporting organisation without policy boundaries, appropriate procedures and suitable culturdawdle be the same as its attitude towards regular company that is also deficient in those areas.

If one of my people is harmed and it can be demonstrated that the business was deficient in policy and procedures, things get sticky for me. If it can be shown that there was a culture of substance abuse or unacceptable risk taking behaviour, irrespective of whether a particular substance was the direct cause of an incident, the insurer is going to have some issues with that.

Ok, so no insurance coverage - who pays?

It doesn't matter what waiver a competitor signs either, it will have no weight when shit hits the fan. If an under-23 wonder kid keels over and dies on the platform and the autopsy finds him loaded with champion juice, what happens next will pay for the solicitor's new boat.

Now, in an organisation, just whose responsibility is it to develop policy, procedures and develop the appropriate culture?

An insurance company's attitude towards a sporting organisation without policy boundaries, appropriate procedures and suitable culturdawdle be the same as its attitude towards regular company that is also deficient in those areas.

If one of my people is harmed and it can be demonstrated that the business was deficient in policy and procedures, things get sticky for me. If it can be shown that there was a culture of substance abuse or unacceptable risk taking behaviour, irrespective of whether a particular substance was the direct cause of an incident, the insurer is going to have some issues with that.

Ok, so no insurance coverage - who pays?

It doesn't matter what waiver a competitor signs either, it will have no weight when shit hits the fan. If an under-23 wonder kid keels over and dies on the platform and the autopsy finds him loaded with champion juice, what happens next will pay for the solicitor's new boat.

Now, in an organisation, just whose responsibility is it to develop policy, procedures and develop the appropriate culture?

More big words and still no answer.

If a powerlifter goes and steals a car after a powerlifting comp is the fed in trouble. Fuck no. The police deal with it. Do PA have written rules that powerlifters cannot steal cars, I doubt it. If people do something illegal its a police matter.

I've played many sports and pretty much all of them have had more people and money involved than powerlifting does. Never once been told about illegal drug use, never once been tested.

PA has this in constitution, which i assume could include illicit drug use,

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]14. DISCIPLINE OF MEMBERS[/FONT][/FONT]
(a) The Board in its sole discretion may refer for investigation or determination
either under procedures set down in Regulations or by such other
procedure or persons as the Board considers appropriate, an allegation
(which in the opinion of the Board is not vexatious, trifling or frivolous) by a
complainant (including but not only a Director or a Member) that a Member
has:
(i) breached, failed, refused or neglected to comply with a provision
of this Constitution, any Regulations or any other resolution or
determination of Board; or
(ii) acted in a manner unbecoming of a Member or prejudicial to the
Objects and interests of the Company and/or Powerlifting; or
(iii) prejudiced the Company or Powerlifting or brought the Company
or Powerlifting into disrepute.

(b) All Members (in this clause
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]“defendant”) [/FONT][/FONT]will be subject to, and submit

unreservedly to, the jurisdiction, procedures, penalties and appeal
mechanisms of the Company whether under Regulations or otherwise
under this Constitution.
(c) During investigatory or disciplinary proceedings (“proceedings”) under this
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Rule 14[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold]

[/FONT], a defendant may continue to participate in Powerlifting, pending

the determination of the proceedings (including any available appeal)
unless the Board decides such continued participation is inappropriate

having regard to the matter at hand.

Last edited:
More big words and still no answer.

If a powerlifter goes and steals a car after a powerlifting comp is the fed in trouble. Fuck no. The police deal with it. Do PA have written rules that powerlifters cannot steal cars, I doubt it. If people do something illegal its a police matter.

I've played many sports and pretty much all of them have had more people and money involved than powerlifting does. Never once been told about illegal drug use, never once been tested.

The big words that are written in policies, and often heard in common law court cases are what differentiates an organisation that has a secure future from one that is build on shaky ground.

The big words that are written in policies, and often heard in common law court cases are what differentiates an organisation that has a secure future from one that is build on shaky ground.

Still didn't answer my fucking question.

If a powerlifter steals a car is his fed in trouble.

If a powerlifter speeds and kills someone is the fed responsible.

If a powerlifter robs a bank is the fed responsible.

Bazza I cant answer for Von, but I would say no, but never say never, I suppose it depends on the circumstances. Example. A powerlifter on gear takes the wrong dosage at an event, then dies at the event. The federation may be held liable if it was shown members of management new of the drug use. Long shot, but this sort of litigation occurs.

A lifters action can bring the sport an the organization into disrepute though, and that could affect sponsorship etc. We've scene that in AFL etc.

The following drugs can be and commonly are used recreationally yet are explicitly allowed despite being illegal to possess by PA:
z-drugs, hydrocodone, alprazolam, tramadol, epinephrine, lithium, dramamine

Why is cannabis any different vonfram?

Still didn't answer my fucking question.

If a powerlifter steals a car is his fed in trouble.

If a powerlifter speeds and kills someone is the fed responsible.

If a powerlifter robs a bank is the fed responsible.

I don't know the right way to answer that question, pal.

You got me. You win.

What's the prize.

The following drugs can be and commonly are used recreationally yet are explicitly allowed despite being illegal to possess by PA:
z-drugs, hydrocodone, alprazolam, tramadol, epinephrine, lithium, dramamine

Why is cannabis any different vonfram?

Poke me in the eye, please Oni.

We're a little off track here, and I think you may have misread the little side discussion about the effecctiveness of the decriminalisation of drugs. My point was that it does not always work.

I may have referred to cannabis use as "borderline behaviour" I can see how that may have rustled you but my intention was not to make a value judgement. If you like I'll call it "risk taking behaviour".

Some of the drugs you have listed are controlled prescription drugs. Some may be illegal to have without a prescription. I don't know why they are treated differently to cannabis, but I suspect that if a lifter was misusing/abusing any of them he might not make it to the meet, or even the same planet, in the first instance.

I am very interested to hear your views about how cannabis would improve your total as you asked earlier. The only thing I can think of is a lifting suit made out of heavy duty hemp fibres.

Opiates as recreational drugs are pretty popular actually with strength athletes as they do not interfere with training (unless you're horribly addicted). Kennelly loves the benzos as well

Opiates as recreational drugs are pretty popular actually with strength athletes as they do not interfere with training (unless you're horribly addicted). Kennelly loves the benzos as well

You spout some stupid shit, but I gotta be honest this takes the cake.

A lifter on cannabis -
Tries to lift
pisses himself laughing
eats his gym shoes, towel, and everyone else's
falls asleep

Unfortunately I still have no idea what von zimmer frame is trying to get at in this thread or the other one he started. I will say, however, that Darkoz's comments about the lifter on cannabis are very funny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.