• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
my rankings, based on personal experience, of most physical of sporting pursuits (mental, fitness, pain, strength and so).

1) AFL, although I stopped playing in late teens.
2) running races.
3) weightlifting
4) throwing and jumping
Last) powerlifting without a doubt.

nevertheless, I still like powerlifting as a sport to compete in and watch. i like most sports. I just don't think it is that hard.

FFS you knob jockey! Every Sport is hard. It's not the Sport that makes it hard, it's the competition. Human Beings, like Animals (eg @Grunta ) are competitive. It's the competition, the competitive nature, the spirit to out do the other which makes it "hard"!.

Not harsh at all, a sport requires a level of skill and athleticism while powerlifting requires none of these.

coming from a guy that squats under 100 kgs,thats rich.you have never walked out with over 200 kgs on your back so how can you talk?it would send you to the centre of the earth.you would get buried.you have no idea on the skillset required to bear the brunt of that kind of weight.

Last edited:
OK. My final statement on all this.

If anyone thinks that swimming, running and other such low impact sports compare in any way to weight bearing sports (weightlifting, strongman, powerlifting) then I feel sorry for you. Life has slipped you by. You have opted for the easy, the shortcut, the most travelled road. You have failed. But not to worry. I won't hurt your "feelings" by suggesting that you are wrong and that the path that Eddie Hall took is far superior. After all, when the 300 Spartans (and their attendants) stood firm in the Gates Of Fire, someone had to stay home and look after the chickens.

So, you guys sit back, check your abs in the mirror (not that you have any to see), hit the like button on your Facebook page and prepare for a torrid session at the local swimming pool. Gerry and I gotta go lift some heavy shit cos we are actually going to put it all on the line and get on the platform.

Some people make things happen. Some people watch things happen. And then there are those who wonder, 'What the hell just happened?

Some of these threads are comedy GOLD!

Nice thread [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]

OK. My final statement on all this.

If anyone thinks that swimming, running and other such low impact sports compare in any way to weight bearing sports (weightlifting, strongman, powerlifting) then I feel sorry for you. Life has slipped you by. You have opted for the easy, the shortcut, the most travelled road. You have failed. But not to worry. I won't hurt your "feelings" by suggesting that you are wrong and that the path that Eddie Hall took is far superior. After all, when the 300 Spartans (and their attendants) stood firm in the Gates Of Fire, someone had to stay home and look after the chickens.

So, you guys sit back, check your abs in the mirror (not that you have any to see), hit the like button on your Facebook page and prepare for a torrid session at the local swimming pool. Gerry and I gotta go lift some heavy shit cos we are actually going to put it all on the line and get on the platform.

Some people make things happen. Some people watch things happen. And then there are those who wonder, 'What the hell just happened?

strength sorts they are good to watch. but in the scheme of things, there are many sports that are far more appealing, including swimming.

woody, you should have been born and lived in eastern Europe where many salivate over sports that most westerners have very little interest in.

CrossFit = workout
Powerlifting = restout

Both tough?
Yes.
But as I’ve said many times; if you’re going to be stupid you’d better be tough.
because both activities are as risky as each other.

Does swimming have its risks?
well...

He didn't clean anyone out. Seems you will suck Woodys dick at every chance you get. He says "suck", and you say "how hard?".

you have no doubt run into people over the course of your life time that dont care about what you have to say.im one of them.merry xmas pervert.