• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i reckon you guys would pull any sport outta your ass and say its tougher than powerlifting,however the fact remains,none of you kunts have never competed in anything.at least Woody and me know wat we are talking about.

I've swum competitively. I've done powerlifting competitively. I've also done all sorts of track and field stuff and I can tell you that swimming is one of the easiest sports. Considering that most (but not all) events are under 400m, you are out of the pool and getting your buns pounded within a minute or two of finishing. Compare that to even something like marathon running or cross country or, um, lemme see, hey, yeah, weightlifting and powerlifting. There is no comparison.

No one recommends deadlifts for rehabilitation. But swimming is often recommended due to it's low impact on the skeleton and muscles as you are supported by the water. Deadlifts, on the other hand, just phuk you up and send you to the pool to recover.

Yes, competitive swimming can be intense, it can be tiring, it can be difficult. But it's nothing like the fear you feel as you look at that gnarly rusty bar with 300kg on it. No one does the phukkin haka before doing a few laps freestyle. No one snorts ammonia and gets their back slapped so hard it leaves a bruise. No one screams to the Viking gods for help when doing a 50m dash in the pool, or even 1500m.

Now, to put this to bed, here is an ex-competitive swimmer who graduated to a real intense sport. Yes, he started as a swimmer. Notice the shins. Notice how his legs are shaking (probably from stress and fear) as he loops on the wrist straps. Notice the atmosphere. Notice the attitude. Not just a bunch of grandmas cheering on their little skinny favourite butt monkey.

Last edited:
Woody makes a good point regarding swimming be used as a recovery method whereas powerlifting methods are used by contact sports to get bigger and stronger.you dont see NRL clubs use swimming for their athletes to improve their strength and conditioning.its obvious to me which sport is tougher.

woody, is turning up to some powerlifting some sort of achievement.

probably the easiest sport I ever competed in. sit around for 20 minutes between lifts and just go out and press or pull a bar.

on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 3 as virtually anyone can do it.

rather than simply bagging a sport in preference for your own superior sporting pursuit, how about recognising that success in any sport demands considerable talent and training effort.

swimming, Australia's most successful olympic sport, is indeed hard and physical.

woody, is turning up to some powerlifting some sort of achievement.

probably the easiest sport I ever competed in. sit around for 20 minutes between lifts and just go out and press or pull a bar.

on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 3 as virtually anyone can do it.

rather than simply bagging a sport in preference for your own superior sporting pursuit, how about recognising that success in any sport demands considerable talent and training effort.

swimming, Australia's most successful olympic sport, is indeed hard and physical.

wat a load of shit.you would "give it a 3"wat da fuk.ive pulled deadlifts that made me feel like i was losing my soul.i cant imagine wat 300 kegs would feel like.it would pull your arms outta their sockets.dont exaggerate on the 20 mins between lifts either,i swear ive maxed out on 2nd attempts then had to turn it around and do it around about 5 mins later.ive never been to a meet where theres been 20 mins between lifts.trolling kunt.

Last edited:
Woody makes a good point regarding swimming be used as a recovery method whereas powerlifting methods are used by contact sports to get bigger and stronger.you dont see NRL clubs use swimming for their athletes to improve their strength and conditioning.its obvious to me which sport is tougher.

Your quixotic ramblings tickle me dude.

my rankings, based on personal experience, of most physical of sporting pursuits (mental, fitness, pain, strength and so).

1) AFL, although I stopped playing in late teens.
2) running races.
3) weightlifting
4) throwing and jumping
Last) powerlifting without a doubt.

nevertheless, I still like powerlifting as a sport to compete in and watch. i like most sports. I just don't think it is that hard.

my rankings, based on personal experience, of most physical of sporting pursuits (mental, fitness, pain, strength and so).

1) AFL, although I stopped playing in late teens.
2) running races.
3) weightlifting
4) throwing and jumping
Last) powerlifting without a doubt.

nevertheless, I still like powerlifting as a sport to compete in and watch. i like most sports. I just don't think it is that hard.

1)AFL easy to play,just learn how to throw sly elbows.
2)i would of crushed you at running at my peak.runnings easier than powerlifting.
3)farken weightlifting and powerlifting are similar yet you have one at 3 and the other last.dont be a dick
4)once again powerliftings tougher.

1)AFL easy to play,just learn how to throw sly elbows.
2)i would of crushed you at running at my peak.runnings easier than powerlifting.
3)farken weightlifting and powerlifting are similar yet you have one at 3 and the other last.dont be a dick
4)once again powerliftings tougher.

be honest gerry, there is no comparison between weightlifting and powerlifting.

weightlifting is tougher, more athletic, and more gutsy.

Not harsh at all, a sport requires a level of skill and athleticism while powerlifting requires none of these.