• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why aren't Asians fat?

DKD

Private Dancer
I'm watching this very ordinary Biggest Loser show. I'm not a regular viewer but whenever it's been on in the background I can't ever recall seeing an Asian on it. In the general community you don't see a lot of fat Asians do you?

I've often looked to Asian eating habits as a bit of a model for when I wanted to lose weight. In 2001 I ordered a meal in a food court in Boston and was flabbergasted with the massive portion I was given. The following year I was in a food court in Bangkok and got a very modest sized plate. I thought from a general health viewpoint (ignoring BB goals) Westerners can learn a shitload from the Asian approach.

When I've had good success losing weight I took the approach of eating until I was no longer hungry, rather than until I was full. In other words, eating similar portion sizes to what I got in Bangkok.

Interestingly, even though rice is a staple of the Asian diet, a work colleague told me that a dietician told her to stay away from rice. She's had good weight loss doing it. So I don't know where I stand with rice, good, bad?

What do you think, can we learn something from Asian eating habits?

I've seen a few asian fatties but that's because they are in maccas eating like westerners do.

I reckon western culture can learn a lot from asian culture re education and diet.

I'm watching this very ordinary Biggest Loser show. I'm not a regular viewer but whenever it's been on in the background I can't ever recall seeing an Asian on it.
That's because unlike the WASPs, Asians in Australia have at least some dignity and self-respect.

Well, except Ceffo of course. He would probably peddle his arse in King's Cross for the chance to be on telly.

In the general community you don't see a lot of fat Asians do you?
Heaps. In my neighbourhood there are lots of Chinese and Indians. Plenty of fat ones. Eat more, move less. The magic formula for fatness works world-round.

I'm not saying that fat Asians are as rare as rocking-horse shit, but as a percentage of the race that's overweight, Asians are streets ahead of Westerners. That's no news flash.

I don't see anything protruding between the fingers....must be thimble-sized!

If I eat just Asian food then ive got no chance of putting on size. Once I started eating western food boy did it start happening.

I lost 3-4 kilos eating asian food in thailand. In there home country I doubt there would be a single fatty, because all of there work involves manual labour and alot of walking.

I was wondering this the other day, i work with about 200 of them! Not many fat ones. Even the ones sitting on the office chair all day have a big plate of rice and veges/meat for lunch or some noodles.

big-fat-chinese-baby.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I lost 3-4 kilos eating asian food in thailand. In there home country I doubt there would be a single fatty, because all of there work involves manual labour and alot of walking.

Whilst in America, and short of funds, I ate burgers and chips, 3 times a day from fast food outlets like Carl Jnr, Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King etc.

We were gone for around 10 days

I went from 87kg to 81kg.

So I couldnt even maintain weight on your "Western diet". Nina was shocked when she saw Max and I had dropped 11kg between us on burgers and chips

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think there are no fat asians in asia

Drink plays a bigger role than food in my opinion

I drink zero calories

You all know what I mean. I'm speaking as a proportion of the race. I've been to Japan and Thailand and live in an area of Sydney with heaps of Asians. There are fatties around but nothing like the % of Westerners that are fat asses.

Edit - this will teach me to spend more time thinking about title thread lol.

I would put my money on most of the asians you are calling skinny are simply 'skinny fat'.

For mine, I know a fair few asians carrying extra weight. Probably more than the slim ones, honestly.

Whilst in America, and short of funds, I ate burgers and chips, 3 times a day from fast food outlets like Carl Jnr, Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King etc.

We were gone for around 10 days

I went from 87kg to 81kg.

So I couldnt even maintain weight on your "Western diet". Nina was shocked when she saw Max and I had dropped 11kg between us on burgers and chips

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think there are no fat asians in asia

Drink plays a bigger role than food in my opinion

I drink zero calories

Correct, everyone should watch a movie called Fat Head.

The dude eats only fast food for 30 days and loses weight because he chooses what he eats wisely.

Im asian. I have lots of asian friends, who are fat. Because they eat like shit and sit at the computer skyping or playing games all day. What a load of crap this thread is.