• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who here has plans to compete?

Do you plan to compete?

• Total voters

walt

DuffProteinMan
who plans to compete sometime in their lifetime? natural?

I plan to compete in 2-3 years. I also plan to stay natural.

What sort of bodyfat is a natural competitor expected to be at for a comp? under 5%?

Always wanted to do figure short class. But the other girls are 5"3ish and I'm 4"11...... Besides you can't eat cheeseburgers prior to comp like you can in PL.
Bring on future figure comp:) would def consider it.

Yes I do plan to compete in the next couple of years...If I do not get on the gas I will do the local INBA comp next year...

I plan on competing as well. Just to prove to myself i can turn my life around so much that i can go from being obese to ripped on a stage.

Hopefully happens within 2-3 years.

I have already done my Powerlifting Comp. Now its time for a Bodybuilding comp.

I do,

Joel, lol , need to bring those legs out of those skinnys mate. I want to see your thighs twice the size of your cannons.

seems like everyone that votes yes plans to in 2-3 years. Looks like we will be against eachother lol.. (not really)

I want to compete in the next few years we could be competing against each other that would be cool

I clicked no, but I actually wouldn't mind a Powerlifting Comp either, maybe later this year or next, when Im eating like a Champ again.

inba 23 sept 2012 and one week later 30sept for me :) i cut down to 9% bodyfat at 15 weeks out from the anb but then decided i would lean bulk for 5 months and do the inba instead

Those of you that have plans to compete, don't get too concerned with numbers. You need to be lean, as lean as you can get, and you probably won't get it perfect on your first go so record what you do and how it works. I never did but that's because I don't care enough, if I was doing it seriously I would record everything with photos.

Buddy the good natties are pretty low bodyfat. I don't know how they would go on a dexa but they are lean. I know plenty that work on a sum of skinfolds system. They talk in mms rather than %. It's a five point sum if I remember correctly.

Also, when you are dieting, the scales will f*&k with your head. Work off a mirror and intelligent advice. A properly prepared physique will look a lot heavier than it really is.

Those of you that have plans to compete, don't get too concerned with numbers. You need to be lean, as lean as you can get, and you probably won't get it perfect on your first go so record what you do and how it works. I never did but that's because I don't care enough, if I was doing it seriously I would record everything with photos.

Buddy the good natties are pretty low bodyfat. I don't know how they would go on a dexa but they are lean. I know plenty that work on a sum of skinfolds system. They talk in mms rather than %. It's a five point sum if I remember correctly.

Also, when you are dieting, the scales will f*&k with your head. Work off a mirror and intelligent advice. A properly prepared physique will look a lot heavier than it really is.

How long was your contest prep?

I think the biggest thing I have seen with ppl competing is the look in the mirror and see something diff to whats there...biggest thing I would suggest and I will do this myself is get someone to help you/do your prep for you....theres always bbers in every town that offer this pick out the best one and the one you feel most comfortable with and work with them for at least your 1st comp...they will give you honest feedback and let you know how your really going....

Its near impossible for yourself to judge how your travelling....I remember when I was dieting down for a show years ago...got to a few weeks out and was just totally not ready...

I think the biggest thing I have seen with ppl competing is the look in the mirror and see something diff to whats there...biggest thing I would suggest and I will do this myself is get someone to help you/do your prep for you....theres always bbers in every town that offer this pick out the best one and the one you feel most comfortable with and work with them for at least your 1st comp...they will give you honest feedback and let you know how your really going....

Its near impossible for yourself to judge how your travelling....I remember when I was dieting down for a show years ago...got to a few weeks out and was just totally not ready...

100% correct. I have competed many times and still rely on feedback from other competitive bodybuilders. Also taking regular photos of yourself during contest prep is good too.

I don't wish to ever compete in body building. I love looking great and aspiring to achieve the best physique possible but hoping on stage and winning ( or losing) means little to me for some reason.

Walking around and getting compliments all the time and looking in the mirror and being proud of myself.. yeh that's pretty awesome.

May compete in Power lifting one day but just for fun.

I'm very competitive in everything I do, but BB'ing just doesn't interest me.