• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who at your gym deserves recognition?

One year ago I would have said me, but now I'm the most judgmental dick there is who can't keep his thoughts to himself. I'm always laughing about how "that guy never puts away his weight", or saying "rofl good-luck to that guy with the 1/3 range of motion leg press", or "curl bro", and etc. I saw a guy doing one rep max of quarter range of motion squat while I was doing chest day. Everyone was cheering him on. So after my bench set I went to the platform next to him and did 10 reps of 4 plate below parallel.

Am I a kunt ausbb?

Saw another chick training at the gym today doing clean and presses, males everywhere she was not giving a single fuck by the look of her. Good on her.
Another guy doing bench with extra resistance bands added. Nice guy - not something you usually see at a commercial gym.

4 plates a side is good for reps.. I'm still a little ways off at around 3.5 a side :(

Still got to be one of the popular kids to have an audience but :p

The little old man who shuffles around the gym, using the little dumbbells. He's there for physio and he inspires me every time I see him take those tiny steps that look so damn painful.

Ahh, but did everyone cheer YOU on when you did the 4 plate squats??? :eek:

Yeah everyone was watching, the kid was one of those typical sorts who comes in with his whole crew of 8 people and they all go on the same machine and record, take photos, linger, loiter, etc. When he tried his quarter range of motion 4 plate squat with the pad, knee wraps, and belt, all his buddies were taking photos and cheering him on.

Back on topic however, a chick in the gym was showing guys how to deadlift, and she was comfortable repping 2 plate and the guys with her couldn't even match her. That deserved a bit of recognition.

Thing is, they probably didn't give a toss if you were going ass to grass they'd just see you lifting the same as their buddy even though his reps didn't count for fark all.

One year ago I would have said me, but now I'm the most judgmental dick there is who can't keep his thoughts to himself. I'm always laughing about how "that guy never puts away his weight", or saying "rofl good-luck to that guy with the 1/3 range of motion leg press", or "curl bro", and etc. I saw a guy doing one rep max of quarter range of motion squat while I was doing chest day. Everyone was cheering him on. So after my bench set I went to the platform next to him and did 10 reps of 4 plate below parallel.

Am I a kunt ausbb?

Before I was a PT I would think similar things. But you really don't know their situation or their goals. E.g. this arvo I'm going to be on a leg press doing less ROM than normal to avoid using my hamstring too much (slightly aggravated). I would MUCH rather be doing comp spec heavy squats but my current injuries prevent that from being possible.