• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which muscle groups do you train together

I'll be changing to a full body routine for a while soon, something like this...

Monday - 10-15 rep working sets depending on the exercise
Wednesday - heavier day 6-8 rep working sets
Friday - 10-15 rep working sets

May also add an extra day for certain body parts as needed

I was thinking of trying out something similar.

Full body 4-6 reps day and 15-20 reps day alternated.

Currently on 3 x week full body plus arms

I used to do a three day split twice a week.... Heavy for the first cycle and higher reps for the second cycle, rest day on day 7.

Chest / Triceps
Back / Biceps
Legs / Shoulders

Now i just do individual days...

Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Shoulders
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Back
Friday - Arms/Core
Saturday - Rest / Extras

Monday upper chest/back
Tuesday Lower squat/leg ext
Thursday upper db bench/OHP
Friday Lower Deads/leg curl
Sat arms/shoulders
Rep range from 5 to 20

Enjoying this routine, made it up myself. Since January have been training the same muscle group twice a week have had more people comment on noticing me putting on size then ever before...so it seems to be going ok.
67580_640144972665938_1966396379_n.jpg

My program I'm currently running is Push/Pull/Legs 6 days a week. I superset so I'm only working out for a short period. Seeing good results.

My program I'm currently running is Push/Pull/Legs 6 days a week. I superset so I'm only working out for a short period. Seeing good results.

That'd be close to the popular split going lately, thanks to the 3dmj lads!!

If you can handle the volume it'd be great

That'd be close to the popular split going lately, thanks to the 3dmj lads!!

If you can handle the volume it'd be great

Had to drop the weight seriously because of the super sets. I can't see them lasting long term. But I will keep them going until August.

Then I'll look at a 4 day or even 3 day training. Do that to bulk up for summer then cut in November.

Would love some help or advice from anyone. Of course what I'm doing is working for me currently, which is awesome.

I don't really understand cutting back when bulking? More calories more energy most probably more strength, and your gona cut the time spent in gym by 50%?

I don't really understand cutting back when bulking? More calories more energy most probably more strength, and your gona cut the time spent in gym by 50%?

That's what I'm doing now. I'll follow up with my progress in a few months.

Squat, press, deadlift, bench three times a week three sets of five for everything but deadlift which I only do one set. I add in chin-ups, push-ups and sit-ups for three supersets with no breaks just for cardio after.

I actually just want to increase my lifts so I can be awesome in the gym when I rejoin ;)

Currently training Chest/Tris, Back/Bis/Fores, Shoulders, Legs. Seems to be pretty common with most people I know

Quads/hams
Calves
Oblique/Rectus Abs
Back muscles/Pecs
Biceps/Triceps

I don't train all of them everyday, I divide them by the rest of the days during work out..

How do you go training chest and back in the same day? I used to do it but I felt like I wasnt able to push myself hard enough.

I like it. Usually stick to 3 or 4 exercises for both, but it is pretty tiring. Usually in the gym for a couple of hours.