• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where are all the woman?

Hi Annie, welcome. Love the pics of you. Looks like you can lift girl! Whats the most you can do?
Hey Maddy...Thanks for your msg.
My PB's are:
Deadlift 130kg
Squat 80kg
Bench Press 60kg
Power clean 61kg
Clean & Press 55kg
I'm still only pretty new at weight lifting and have very high hopes to improve all of my lifts by the next comp on Aust Day at PTC.
How about you?? Are you a lifter too?? What are your best lifts??

The benefits for me are amazing, I've had such a bad back all my life, very weak and headaches every day. I would have to go to the Chiro twice a week... now since weight training I couldn't tell you the last time I went.

squats, deadlifts and UDL's have done wonders for my back too

Dynamic shrugs ae done with knee drive, they are to benefit cleans and snatches.

Most bodybuilders do shrugs with zero body movement to isolate the traps.

We use much heavier weights this way, which is the goal when your trying to improve your clean. Its one of the keys to Max's huge powerclean.

Very impressive lifts Annie, much better than mine!

Can any of you remember which newsletter was regarding women with muscles? I would like to pass it on to some girls I know that are totally against weight training because of that reason. Cheers!

Ditto on the newsletter.

Went looking but cant find it. :confused:

Thanks Annie

Very impressive lifts Annie, much better than mine!

Can any of you remember which newsletter was regarding women with muscles? I would like to pass it on to some girls I know that are totally against weight training because of that reason. Cheers!

Everything I do is Dynamic!!!

LOL

Dynamic shrugs ae done with knee drive, they are to benefit cleans and snatches.

Most bodybuilders do shrugs with zero body movement to isolate the traps.

We use much heavier weights this way, which is the goal when your trying to improve your clean. Its one of the keys to Max's huge powerclean.

Markos, what's a dynamic shrug as opposed to a normal shrug?

samantha-clean-pull.jpg

It's a very short yet at the same time very explosive and powerful movement where the shrug culminates with you being high up on your toes. Your aim here is not to build muscles but rather to generate as much explosive power as possible after having dipped slightly by bending your knees about 5-10cms or so.

As Markos has labeled it "dynamic"; that's exactly what this move is. Moving a load as fast as possible through the proper range of motion. Dynamic, sounds a bit like dynamite doesn't it?!

Fadi.

Hi Annie, I just do weight training to tone and strengthen. I dont lift, and to see and hear your results are amazing. Cant believe you didnt do weights before..WOW
I would so love to get to where you are. I recently lost 31 kilos , so I am looking at tightening, and strengthening. I am getting there slowly.
Well done Annie!

Thats a perfect example of the shrug I am talking about, look at that girls extension, awesome, thanks Fadi.

Hi Annie, I just do weight training to tone and strengthen. I dont lift, and to see and hear your results are amazing. Cant believe you didnt do weights before..WOW
I would so love to get to where you are. I recently lost 31 kilos , so I am looking at tightening, and strengthening. I am getting there slowly.
Well done Annie!

Thats a very confusing statement, anyway.

I wish I had a camera at Annies first ever session at PTC. Annie and I laugh now, but it was tears that night.

Annie had decided to start the cardio sessions with the other girls. Annie was overweight, but none of us really knew how out of shape she was. She lasted around 10 minutes. It was not a good night.

I rang Annie the next day to make sure she was okay. She started training with Nina in the hope of getting fit/strong enough to do cardio with the other girls.

Al the other girls now train in the hope of keeping up with Annie.

Those that were there the first night will never forget it.

I would love for Annie to walk into a commercial gym and lift while observing. She has never set foot in one, therefore she has no idea how strong she is, because at PTC, we still have girls stronger, thats who Annie compares herself too.

I would love for Annie to walk into a commercial gym and lift while observing. She has never set foot in one, therefore she has no idea how strong she is,

So true.. and same even goes when comparing Annie to the guys at commercial gyms, not just the girls.

Maybe you should organise a PTC excursion to the nearest commercial gym one day. :D

Maybe you should organise a PTC excursion to the nearest commercial gym one day. :D

Lol. I can see it now.

Markos hanging towels on the smith machine and bouncing on the fit balls, the girls doing heavy presses, max pulling a stupidly heavy clean, nick squatting 200kegs and everyone in the gym going WHAT THE F**K :eek:

:D

Thats a very confusing statement, anyway.

I wish I had a camera at Annies first ever session at PTC. Annie and I laugh now, but it was tears that night.

Annie had decided to start the cardio sessions with the other girls. Annie was overweight, but none of us really knew how out of shape she was. She lasted around 10 minutes. It was not a good night.

I rang Annie the next day to make sure she was okay. She started training with Nina in the hope of getting fit/strong enough to do cardio with the other girls.

Al the other girls now train in the hope of keeping up with Annie.

Those that were there the first night will never forget it.

I would love for Annie to walk into a commercial gym and lift while observing. She has never set foot in one, therefore she has no idea how strong she is, because at PTC, we still have girls stronger, thats who Annie compares herself too.

So true... I cried for 2 days... no joke, I couldn't believe how unfit I was, I think I did 3x 8kg KB Thrusters and almost passed out I was in so much pain. Now I can do 10x 20kg, 10x 16kg, 10x 12kg, 10x 10kg and 10x8kg Thrusters all in a row from heavy to light and back up from light to heavy. I've lost 14kg already and am hoping to lose another 5kg by Aust Day.

Welcome Annie. You are an inspiration to all females out there... hey, even the males too!

We are about the same weight but you can lift sooo much more than me, so well done :D

Answered my question perfectly, thanks guys. You should definitely do an excursion to a commercial gym - I've trained at 5 different gyms due to moving house a lot and seen maybe 1 in 50 females squat and never a deadlift.

Hey Annie,

You really have stumbled across an amazing place to train.

Most girls at the typical gym will never see the results or thrill of achievement you are feeling.

I'll bet most gym instructors would freak if they saw what you are up to.

You have the gift of REAL strength in your gym. Most gyms have so much mechanical advantage and pulley leverage that the dynamics of the exercise machines actually are a waste of time. It's just pointless busy work.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at a party and see you do what Bev Francis used to do. Just have all the men ( Untrained ) have a go at dead lifting a bar that has apparently just been left on the floor. Then when they have all had a go and failed..... pop over wearing something pretty and crank out a few reps like its easy as pie. Give em a smile and walk off. Would be a great youtube video

Keep up the great work.

best

Rob

So true... I cried for 2 days... no joke, I couldn't believe how unfit I was, I think I did 3x 8kg KB Thrusters and almost passed out I was in so much pain. Now I can do 10x 20kg, 10x 16kg, 10x 12kg, 10x 10kg and 10x8kg Thrusters all in a row from heavy to light and back up from light to heavy. I've lost 14kg already and am hoping to lose another 5kg by Aust Day.

Last edited:
Not only most girls, most people full stop! I am being SERIOUS! You would put almost EVERY guy to shame at my gym. Nice work Annie.