• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's on your bucket list?

Visit the aircraft boneyard in Arizona

There's a couple of those in Arizona. I'm guessing you mean the Boneyard in Tucson, but there's Pinal Airpark in between Tucson and Phoenix and one in Phoenix itself, too and they're all eerie as hell.

Arizona is like the state aviation went to die in.

Complete a triathlon for me!
I did extensive budget travel for 2 years about twelve years ago and saw/did most stuff I wanted to in regards to seeing the world back then. Pyramids, running with the bulls, crowd of Jerry springer show and the big 5 in game parks in South Africa (the best) can't wait to take my kids there for that again.

But personally a triathlon would be a huge achievement for me. You can't pay to finish one, its all about self belief, dedication and having a go!

Last edited:
There's a couple of those in Arizona. I'm guessing you mean the Boneyard in Tucson, but there's Pinal Airpark in between Tucson and Phoenix and one in Phoenix itself, too and they're all eerie as hell.

That does sound eerie/cool!!

That does sound eerie/cool!!

Yeah, it's awesome... no real way to describe it. You can take a tour through the Boneyard... I'm not sure about the others, I never visited those... but it's like walking through a giant's graveyard.

It's amazing because when you fly, you don't realize the absolute massive scale of most aircraft... or I never have, at least :p

One thing I definitely wanna do is one of those jet fighter flights that would be unreal! Would also love to go to Africa that'd be awesome. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head other then have kids too.

Move to a country without shit weather (Check)
Dive with Great White Sharks (Check x2)
Complete my 50 page Passport within the next year, don't think I'll make it before the passport expires though :(
Design & Build a house
Design & Build homes
Design & Build a University or Private Education Institution; Give my mum (English professor) position of Dean and Mrs (Lecturer) head of International Dep
Complete Pilots Licence
Buy a yacht

In that order

Lots of you guys Climbing mountains ey...:)

Dive with Great White Sharks (Check x2)

Sharks are terrifying.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrqgPjZ07Ts"]Shark eats siblings in womb! - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know how people swim with those beasts. Even in a cage I'd lose all bladder control.

After the amount of shark attacks I've been reading about in Aussie waters, I will never, ever even dip a pinkie toe into the sea.

One of the most amazing experiences of my life. It's awe inspiring and eery at the same time. The stillness and absolute silence of the water, the moment the Shark comes into view all you can hear is the sound of your own heartbeat and breathing... I did it off the coast of South Africa a few years ago.

185_10906151356_2944_n_zps47112f2a.jpg

BTW I'm Sunnybank too, which gym do you go to?

Last edited:
One of the most amazing experiences of my life. It's awe inspiring and eery at the same time. The stillness and absolute silence of the water, the moment the Shark comes into view all you can hear is the sound of your own heartbeat and breathing... I did it off the coast of South Africa a few years ago.

That's unreal! Add that to my bucket list!!!

That would be amazing I've snorkelled with sharks before and it was awesome, can't wait to get my scuba license and go out and do the real deal though! My father inlaw and brother inlaw are scared shitless of the ocean in general due to sharks, I give them crap all the time and tell them your more likely to die from a bee sting lol. My dad has scuba'd with sharks quite a bit aswell and he loves it.

I'm actually not anywhere there at the moment, I came here looking for a good gym in the area and everyone (pretty much, lol) recommended PTC Brisbane.

So I'm looking for a place between Sunnybank and Northgate to set up home. Looking at Newmarket/Windsor area as a good mid-point, but I don't really have any reference as to what they're like to live in, so I could end up anywhere.

But I'll probably stick with training at PTC, regardless of the half-hour or so drive.

- To travel more of the world, at least S.America, Africa, M.East, E.Europe...
- To learn the guitar
- To have children
- To write and publish a book
- To Hike Kokoda, Kilimanjaro, Everest Base Camp, Machu Pichu, Milford Track
- To Road Trip across america
- To own a house
- To sleep with 100 women :)
- To Deadlift 250kgs

I'm actually not anywhere there at the moment, I came here looking for a good gym in the area and everyone (pretty much, lol) recommended PTC Brisbane.

So I'm looking for a place between Sunnybank and Northgate to set up home. Looking at Newmarket/Windsor area as a good mid-point, but I don't really have any reference as to what they're like to live in, so I could end up anywhere.

But I'll probably stick with training at PTC, regardless of the half-hour or so drive.

Windsor is lovely Mr! Highly recommend :)

I live in New Farm along the river, those beautiful doggies of yours would love it here, but its very expensive :/

Newmarket is not bad either, all nice areas. When are you coming? How exciting! Although moving countries is a painful process lol

I'm squabbling with one my colleagues over this. He wants to visit a supplier in Southern California and I do the UK run. It would be less than days drive to get to the boneyard from southern cal. I think I can also hire a range and do the machine gun thing at the same time.

5 years.... No idea!

Work less, live a little more wildly, take a few more chances to meet women, that's about it.

No Mt Everest for me..

That's a pretty long trek 3 or 4x a week though...

Mostly why I'm looking for somewhere between Northgate & where work will be, make it more of a 15 minute drive, rather than a half-hour. But I commute a fair bit already, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

What gym are you currently at?

Windsor is lovely Mr! Highly recommend :)

I live in New Farm along the river, those beautiful doggies of yours would love it here, but its very expensive :/

Newmarket is not bad either, all nice areas. When are you coming? How exciting! Although moving countries is a painful process lol

My geographical knowledge of that area is really awful, I'm assuming you mean the Brisbane River :p wouldn't be too far from where I'm looking, I think. Must be nice, good views on all sides?
Not to sound like a dick or anything, but I'm okay on the money side of things, lol... if it's a good area but costs a fair buck or two, I wouldn't mind that.

It's looking to be mid-late February, so I'll probably try and settle in around the beginning of the month, just to get the place fixed up and find the lay of the land before I have to go driving around a city I'm completely unfamiliar with, haha.

I'm alright with moving countries... I've moved from the US to Germany, to the US again, then to the UK, and now to Australia. I love to travel, so it's no big deal for me.

I'm squabbling with one my colleagues over this. He wants to visit a supplier in Southern California and I do the UK run. It would be less than days drive to get to the boneyard from southern cal. I think I can also hire a range and do the machine gun thing at the same time.

Yep, AZ to SoCal is a pretty common drive... and there's lots to see on the way. There's actually the biggest indoor shooting range, in the US, in Scottsdale... my buddies & I used to go there to get some downtime when I was doing my training. It's something silly like $80 an hour... we used to waste whole days in there, lol.