• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Get your meals in - dont be lazy and then have abit of a cheat - yea such bullshit!

That's not what you said.

You said its not the best to just have cereal for breakfast. Which is just pure crap. You can't say a blanket statement like that without knowing the rest of the diet, goals ect.

Last edited:
I used to eat 14 Weetbix before school with a sugar coating and full cream milk. My goal was to stop being hungry. After school I'd have another 10 or so.

I stayed skinny, and used nutrient timing so it was all done 2-3yrs before I left home but once I moved out I got fat. It was the Weetbix.

I used to eat 14 Weetbix before school with a sugar coating and full cream milk. My goal was to stop being hungry. After school I'd have another 10 or so.

I stayed skinny, and used nutrient timing so it was all done 2-3yrs before I left home but once I moved out I got fat. It was the Weetbix.

"It was the weetbix," Lol.

That's not what you said.

You said its not the best to just have cereal for breakfast. Which is just pure crap. You can't say a blanket statement like that without knowing the rest of the diet, goals ect.

It is what I said.....haha

I.e

Meal 1 -

Eggs, cheese, bacon omelette
Some Cereal

Meal 2 -

Steak
Veggies
Sweet potato mash
Almonds/cashews

Meal 3 -

Chicken
pasta
Veggies

Meal 4 -

Protein shake in milk
Some Ice cream

Why anyone would just have cereal for breakfast if you fairly serious into your training goals is beyond me - get in your main meals with some good food and then use cereal or such things as "add ons" to your diet once you have achieved what you need to.

Too many variables affect the GI to predict it. Then you put several foods together as in a normal meal it makes it almost impossible to predict.

Even if you somehow can workout the exact GI of a meal you are eating the information is useless anyway.

Healthy people have no problem dealing with blood sugar spikes. The body is perfectly set up for it.

So you have something (GI) that's almost impossible to predict in a normal meal. That even if you could predict isn't important information anyway.

Before calling other people ignorant at least have the slightest bit of knowledge on the topic.

Actually I'll take a punt... Blood sugar will spike to the highest GI food...

Then again... I don't know if anyone has taken the time to research the GI effects of combining foods...

Last edited:

Then again... I don't know if anyone has taken the time to research the GI effects of combining foods...
GI is a moot point when you combine foods, which we all of do at each meal.
Protein and fat will slow the absorption rate of high GI foods, so unless you only eat high GI foods exclusively then it's not worth worrying about.

Last edited:
The GI of a specific food is also measured using a volume of food containing 50g of carbohydrates, fed to a sample population. You may eat more or less than this, so saying a 'serve' of a food is high or low GI is not really relevant unless that service contains 50+ g of carbs. The glycemic load is a more relevant metric as it measures the effect on blood sugar of a given food or meal - if it is of concern to you. As [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION]; mentioned, for many people 'Unless you are a diabetic and eating carb only meals then GI is of little relevance. Majoring in the minors'.

To clarify that - glucose has a GI of 100. This is calculated using 50 g of glucose (as it's pure carbs). While 5g of glucose still has the same GI rating (100), 5g will have a much lower effect on blood sugar. The concept of glycemic load is measuring the actual effect considering quantity.

e.g. 5g of skittles will probably have a lesser effect on blood sugar than 100g of brown rice.

GI is a moot point when you combine foods, which we all of do at each meal.
Protein and fat will slow the absorption rate if high GI foods, so unless you only eat high GI foods exclusively then it's not worth worrying about.

Tries to troll thread and you come out with that^^^...

Do you even GI???

Now what am I gonna do for the rest Rest of the day!!!

I guess he meant that maybe just having cereal for breakfast isnt really the best thing - stick to 3-4 wholefood, "clean" meals a day and then maybe have abit of cereal after dinner or even with your breakfast - i.e 5-6 eggs, bacon, mushroom omelette and then a bowl of cereal with it.

Not the best just to have cereal for breakfast....

Spot on!

The word "clean" needs clearing up.

there are processed foods, some processes squeeze, steam, press, color, deodorize the shit out of some products.
then add nutrients and call it health food.

Since when isn't cereal "clean". People gotta stop jumping on every lasted fitness industry fad.

I am going to take your approach to my post right now -

WTF dont you get about my post are you fucking reading my post or are you just fucking stupid - look....what....I....fucking.....wrote....

Wow that felt sort of good - no wonder most of your posts run along those lines....

Honestly though mate - read the post - "clean" from a fitness point of view is a descriptive word to indicate a food or foods that are of a "healthy" nature - i.e lean meats, veggies, oats, etc etc etc - yes we get fucking macros in macros out - blah blah blah

- Eat your "clean" foods
- Then if you want have some cereal as something on the side

Not rocket science...

I am going to take your approach to my post right now -

WTF dont you get about my post are you fucking reading my post or are you just fucking stupid - look....what....I....fucking.....wrote....

Wow that felt sort of good - no wonder most of your posts run along those lines....

Honestly though mate - read the post - "clean" from a fitness point of view is a descriptive word to indicate a food or foods that are of a "healthy" nature - i.e lean meats, veggies, oats, etc etc etc - yes we get fucking macros in macros out - blah blah blah

- Eat your "clean" foods
- Then if you want have some cereal as something on the side

Not rocket science...

I didn't even quote you. Lol. Nice one.

In any case even in your definition of clean foods cereals seem to qualify.

The word "clean" needs clearing up.

there are processed foods, some processes squeeze, steam, press, color, deodorize the shit out of some products.
then add nutrients and call it health food.

Yep. The word clean is meaningless.

Depending on who you ask or what fad diet people are following the definition of clean varies massively.

Most people talk about processed foods but almost every thing we eat is processed to a degree.