• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to expect new dad incoming!!

anyway.. on another note..

So is $2100 an average price for a stroller? we just picked one up today..
Should we have spent more or less? I didnt know there were so many.. there like cars.. i got overwhelmed!!

fuuuuuuuu....

"Tell him he's dreamin'."

We got a $600 one second-hand for $36 on ebay. Some people buy working cars for $2,100.

Anyone who spends two crackers on a pram definitely doesn't need public help. Mental help, maybe, but not public.

dont know just went and chose the most expensive in the store.. i dont like buying anything less than best so i don't have to worry about stuff breaking down later on..

i assume i over-spent right lol... :)

Lol is that the self propelled, heated, air conditioned, drop top, rollin' on 20's version ceff :D

The transfer fee isn't the killer on expensive cars, it's the luxury car tax when you purchase a newy. Anything over $60k attracts a 30% tax.....

So if you pay $150k for a new C63, you've just paid $30k straight to government coffers.

Perhaps you were unaware, but the most expensive is not always the best.

If you really believe the most expensive is best, I can offer you some personal training for $1,000 a session. You must fly first class down to Melbourne to get it, too.

Lol is that the self propelled, heated, air conditioned, drop top, rollin' on 20's version ceff :D

Mate i just told the wife to get the most expensive so we don't argue about shit later on. Like we usually do.

Lol funny you mention that the pram comes with UV blocking/filtering material all around and has height adjustable springs where u can lower and raise it for ride comfort as they get heavier/older. Gotta read the instruction manual soon.

The color matches the wifes Lui Vitton handbag from what i can see.

The transfer fee isn't the killer on expensive cars, it's the luxury car tax when you purchase a newy. Anything over $60k attracts a 30% tax.....

So if you pay $150k for a new C63, you've just paid $30k straight to government coffers.
this luxury tax is that a way of saying hi you look like you are doing ok let us bend you over some more since u like to drive nice comfortable cars and not a shitbox commodore that will break down anytime soon?

Last edited:
I think its probly more like the rich can afford investment properties and other general tax dodgeing schemes so we the goverment will get it back some other way.:D

congrats ceffo!

I dont have kids myself but I do alot of work with kids who are child protection orders. Given their circumstances they have difficulties expressing their emotions. If the industry allowed hugs, I honestly believe they would be more management. Not to say that all kids in care are how do I put this in a nice way.... bad? lol. But anyways.

Hugs are a necessity. Give them to your buddle of joy as much as you can. Tell them you love them. Nurture them and give them everything your parents taught you or what you have learnt. Generally its a hit and miss sort of thing when it comes to raising a family.

When your partner is giving birth, make sure you stand behind her unless you want to see life and other bits being pushed out...

anyway.. on another note..

So is $2100 an average price for a stroller? we just picked one up today..

Don't think so.
I couldn't imagine an family with newborn, earning average wages could afford to spend $2100 for a stroller.
All strollers in sold here should meet Australian Standards, so even a $150-$200 stroller would be safe and do the job intended.

Ours was $515, down from $699 and my missus said it was one of the better ones- ceffo I think you bought the Lear jet of prams!

Ceffo, $2100 is a bit pricey for a pram, but you know what, if you can afford it.. then go for it.. i know i would...

i dont have any kids but i have 4 nephews and have had a pretty heavy hand in helping raise them.. and as said above, the hardest thing is constantly watching them and making sure they are okay.. when they are first born, u still watch them while they sleep and make sure they are still breathing.. my sister even used to wake up her kids while checking on them when they were babies because ur soo rattled by it...

there will be alot of people and dr and midwives etc telling you about all the horrible things that can happen to ur baby.. the best thing to do is keep them in the back of your mind but dont stress over them constantly otherwise ull be a total wreck...

try to support ur mrs as much you can as she is going to be tired, grumpy, moody and probably really freaking out herself.. its alot to go from being totally selfish to having to put someone else as number one...

just take everyday as it comes and try to enjoy it as much as possible.. ur kids are only babies once...

Cef your comments regarding only immigrants doing the crap jobs is entirely untrue mate. Who do you think has done those jobs before the immigrants arrived? Many of the jobs my friends and I have done growing up are now entirely dominated by people from overseas whether they are here to just work or students. I hear your rant about the taxes and how you should be entitled to the benefits but mate you are obviously not struggling to put food on the table. You are lucky to have had the opportunity to go to uni at a young age and have a family willing to support you through it which enables you to have a successful career. Many people have not had those opportunities in life.