• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to expect new dad incoming!!

Congrats mate!

Everyone is different, do what works for you.

Wait till the lil' tacker runs up to you with their arms up, when you get home from work. Life doesn't get any better ;)

great just found we might not be eligible for the child assistance/benefit thingy.. due to my income.. great.. i pay 50-60k in taxes and dont get any f***ing benefits... Fcuk you government.. bend me over some more..

while some bums with 4 kids living on welfare get free healthcare/medicare/housing assistance etc etc

great just found we might not be eligible for the child assistance/benefit thingy.. due to my income.. great.. i pay 50-60k in taxes and dont get any f***ing benefits... Fcuk you government.. bend me over some more..

while some bums with 4 kids living on welfare get free healthcare/medicare/housing assistance etc etc

wow that's a lot of tax.. obviously ure on a huge salary. What is your job?

"I get a large salary so get no free handouts... boo me."

Life's hard, Ceffo. Now go have another wank. :p

How did you conceive, anyway, when most of your little guys end up on the work or gym toilet door?

You make what, $200k per year and you want fucking benefits?

Are you taking the piss?

You make what, $200k per year and you want fucking benefits?

Are you taking the piss?
Just what I was thinking, try living right on that threshold, both parents working to make ends meet where the government says you earn $500 a year too much to be eligible for free healthcare and all the other benefits that the dole bludging scum in Australia get and shit. Its a struggle my friend.

We probably pay maybe $300,000 of tax per year.
We try to reduce it as much as possible with the correct company/trust structure, but there's only so much you can do.

Don't want to pay it, but don't mind too much either, it's what keeps the country going.
As mentioned, benefits should be there for those who really need it.
If you're paying alot of tax, you'd be earning a reasonable amount of money anyway.

Last edited:
Im not taking the piss.. but see if from my point of view?

(mind u im open minded and if u have valid points of view i want to see it :))

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. My parents were refugees. They worked 12 hour days at 8 bux an hour in a sweat shop to put me through school and uni. never once did they go to the centrelink que as they were too proud. We lived in a small rented house with 12 people for 3 years back then.

You see people at these places who were naturalised aussies in middle class families or who couldn't get off there asses to go to work and then demand all these benefits when they should be learning a trade or something and prob got paid more than my parents did ever.

So im wondering if i can come from nothing through hard work why cant others. Who do u really have to blame for where u are now in life? Is it my fault that u couldnt get off your arse to better yourself when u had the opportunity?

I ask this question of all my friends who had the same upbringing.. Whos to blame here? Some people i know had a much much better upbringing than i would have ever had..

So once again.. why cant i get benefits when were all "equal" at once stage?

Why do you think you NEED benefits if you make that much?

People are entitled to these things based on need. You don't need it because you obviously make more than enough to be comfortable.

I honestly don't see how you can argue that you should get it, I'm not even close to making as much money as you do and if I were told I wasn't eligible I'd just shrug my shoulders and accept the fact.

Not having a crack at you, jmho. And good on you for working your tits off to get where you are in life. Sounds like your parents are just the type of immigrants this country should have more of.

I see where u r coming from my old man is on big money
He pays his taxes just like me and supports dumbs sitting on there arse at home doing nothing n want money to do it.
Just because u make more money then some 1 does not mean u shouldnt get any thing u have work hard to get where u r at n u should not be punished for how much u make

Ceffo,

You have every right to complain.
Unfortunately, it's not going to change anything.

You should be very proud of the position you've come from, and what you have achieved to this day.
You should feel good knowing that you don't have to rely on benefits or handouts at this stage of your life and are self supported.
However, if for some unlikely event in the future, you found yourself in a difficult position and needed benefits to support your life, they will be there for you too.

Why do you think you NEED benefits if you make that much?

Well if your paying tax in the vicinity of what an average australian makes ($50-60k P.A) and then your told that your cant have health care/baby bonus like the rest of the population doesn't it sound odd.

Person 1 works 40 hours/week gets baby bonus/financial assistance etc
Person 2 works 40 hours/week gets nothing

We both work the same hours why shouldn't Person 2 get some of these benefits?

For e.g I know of some junkies with 3 kids housing assistance/health care/medicare 300 bux a week to buy drugs and what do they give back in tax per year to help the economy?

Also get this..

My new merc cost $2600 to transfer here in sydney because

If the vehicle is under $45,000 then its 3% and then its
5% for any vehicle over $45,000

So i asked the lady at the RTA counter just because i bought a car over the $45,000 why i should be paying 2% more?
Her answer? Its because you have money and you can afford it. Hows that a valid answer?

I looked up the RTA websites here and it doesnt give me any explanation of why u should pay more just because your cars more expensive?

If they didnt means test welfare benefits then we'd all be paying a shitload more tax. I am also disgusted by the bludgers and rorters. They need to find ways to eliminate that problem and ensure welfare works as intended, to help society's truly needy folk.

However, if for some unlikely event in the future, you found yourself in a difficult position and needed benefits to support your life, they will be there for you too.

A very valid point hulk. :)

Im not denying why they are there. But my ranting seems like a lost cause at times so.....

Ill stick to posting about naked women and masturbating :D

Pretty sure the car thing is part of the luxury car import tax. I think it's pretty shit too, you pay enough in income tax.

For what it's worth, I don't think the average family on $60k should be getting ANYTHING. I heard some statistic that half the population is on some sort of benefit, which is entirely retarded.

If you are paying tax, you shouldn't be getting any benefits. Instead of taking money to give it back, just increase the tax free threshold.

And what are you getting Ceffo?

You get roads, mostly free healthcare, police and emergency services, education for your kids, a defence force, a working system of laws to prevent the place turning into anarchy, a chance to vote in a representational democracy, aid money to help support our regional neighbours, and you help provide welfare for those who really do need it (destitute retirees, disabled and their carers, mentally ill, and of course a few drugos). I'm sure there are hundreds of other things.

Benefits are for those who actually need them. If less of us got so many damned hand outs, you wouldn't be paying as much tax in the first place.

Like I said mate, you don't NEED it. You are more than comfortable financially and are not going to struggle without these benefits (that's assuming you're are good with your money and it sounds like you are).

Don't get me wrong- I'm not sticking up for junkies and dole bludgers because I pay for them to have it easy too, but you are comfortable.

I think you should be happy with what you have rather than worry about what you arent getting because it's not going to change. And with a work ethic like yours I'm sure you will instill it in your child and they will grow to be a functional, positive member of society- and that will be better than some handout from the government.

On a side note, we have reason to believe I am part abo on my fathers side and I would be eligible for benefits because of that but I work two jobs and am comfortable in life so I have never applied because I feel no different to anyone else who works and earns a living so why should I get it easier than them?

When is the little one due? And do you know what you are having yet?

We have a girl due in April, just finished her room this weekend.

Person 1 works 40 hours/week gets baby bonus/financial assistance etc
Person 2 works 40 hours/week gets nothing

We both work the same hours why shouldn't Person 2 get some of these benefits?
By the same reasoning, if you work the same hours you should get the same pay. I am quite happy for us to get the same benefits if we get the same pay. Hand over your cash, ceffo, and I'll write my MP asking him to make sure you get the baby bonus.
knoted said:
And what are you getting Ceffo?

You get roads, mostly free healthcare, police and emergency services, education for your kids, a defence force, a working system of laws to prevent the place turning into anarchy, a chance to vote in a representational democracy, aid money to help support our regional neighbours, and you help provide welfare for those who really do need it
As well, he gets lots of things that help him in his business.

100 years ago if you wanted your workers to be educated you had to do it yourself. You had to teach them a trade or skills. That cost you time and money. Nowadays the government does it, it still costs you time and money. No way would employers do it all today, just ask a first year apprentice tradie how hard it is to get someone to take them on. If ceffo employs anyone else, he is getting the benefit of their education, it's adding to his wealth - courtesy of the public purse.

If ceffo's business transports any goods by road, he's getting the benefit of government-provided roads, public purse.

If ceffo's business requires any communication, he's getting the benefit of government-provided communication networks, public purse again.

And so on.

Ceffo also mentions his parents were refugees. The same Australian people who voted in governments that brought in more refugees are the same Australian people who say, "everyone must pay their share." If we weren't so fair-minded then Ceffo's family would have been sent back to where they came from and possibly be killed or imprisoned. So Ceffo ought not to complain too much about the Aussie idea of everyone doing their bit, and everyone getting a fair go.

It was right for us to take refugees, and we should take more. And it's right to help people who need it, not help those who don't, and tax people more when they earn more.
vegas said:
Don't get me wrong- I'm not sticking up for junkies and dole bludgers because I pay for them to have it easy too, but you are comfortable.
Dole with admin costs is $15,000 pa. Cut that, and they're not going to just starve themselves, they'll turn to crime. Costs $50,000 pa to keep someone in prison. Just let them be bludgers, it's cheaper and much less hassle.

Kyle -

1. Sure i would give u my money if we had the same skillsets. Ill trade my job and pay with the manager at macdonalds and we can see if he can do my job. :). Both stressful but my job manages $100million a day and he handles 1000 burgers.
2. i have no doubt my taxes go towards infrastructure/education and the such all very worthwhile. Im putting in 10 bux the guy at macdonalds putting in 1 dollar he also uses the same things i do publicly
3. Its a fact without immigrants do all the shitty jobs none of the naturalised australians would do. taxi drivers/7 eleven stores/cleaners. Also without immigrants the population wouldn't be growing as such. I have a feeling there was more to that vote than meets the eye in terms of the government
4. Fair point with the prisons. i heard there turning the whole of tasmania into a prison state.

vegas - Mate if i were u apply for the benefit. :)
My little bubs due on july 13th (yeah wonderful date) i know.
Congrats also in the little one /thumbsup