• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What should I do

S

Scruffy

Hey I am 15 80kg almost 5'12 -6 foot just wondering when exercises I can do to lose weight but add muscle thanks : )

I have a bench press and dumbells haha =]

Last edited:
Bench press
Dead lifts
Squats (hack squats if you dont have a rack)
Standing military press
Barbells rows

If you can learn those exercises your on the right track

I hate running lmfao. I love skipping though =]

Thanks Kindred mate.

Oh and should I do them all on the same day. The way I was going to go about it is like Weights/cardio/weights/cardio/weights.

Last edited:
Do full body workouts 3 times per week.
Squats
Deads
Benches
Rows

Eat a balanced diet full of protein good fats and moderate carbs. Eat 5-6 or even 7 times per day and do some walking 3-4 times per week for 30-45 mins.
It is simple as that. Then re-assess after 3 months.

I hate running lmfao. I love skipping though =]

Thanks Kindred mate.

Oh and should I do them all on the same day. The way I was going to go about it is like Weights/cardio/weights/cardio/weights.

I tried it that way its easier to get one thing sorted first. For me it was my routine. I got that stable now im adding some cardio i.e. heavy bag work for me.

Skippings good make sure you stretch or you may get shin splints.

Whats a shin splint :(? OMG all this is so confusing. whats good fats and stuff haha, I better go look on the internet now :L

Thanks for all your help guys I really do appreciate it.

Good fats are liquid in room temperature but almonds aren't liquid ? Oi you guys reckon I should give up cheese? I love the stuff but I would give it up in a second if it would help haha. Im addicted to Sugar free v though :(

Also carbs are like bread pasta and stuff aye? I am searching it haha I feel so stupid. So by limit you mean what like 2 peices of bread a day and not have like rice/pasta on the same night as well?

Protien shakes a good or bad idea? haha =] So much to learn kinda scary but exciting at the same time.

Last edited:
Cant find a hack squat they are all machines. I could maybe do the normal squat but i dont have one of them bars holder thingos.
A lot of these vids are commented with stunting of growth but almost everywhere i read its only if you overdo it. If this is true what are the limits? I am just going to do 3 sets of each exercise kindred was kind enough to give me along with cardio for 2 days.

Last edited:
At the moment Im doing:

Workout A
Squats
Bench
Deadlifts

Workout B
Squats
Press
Rows

for example:

Monday - Workout A
Tuesday - Rest day or light cardio
Wednesday - Workout B
Thursday - Rest day or light cardio
Friday - Workout A
Saturday - Rest day or light cardio
Sunday - Rest day or light cardio
Monday - Workout B
Tuesday - Rest day or light cardio
Wednesday - Workout A
Thursday - Rest day or light cardio
Friday - Workout B
Saturday - Rest day or light cardio
Sunday - Rest day or light cardio

Repeat

The program is probably the most basic one out there right now. Its really easy to learn and easy to stick to. Its also really effective at packing on muscle for beginners and intermediate trainees.

Also make sure you do some warmup sets like:

Squats
(10kg) 5 - 5 <-- 2x Warm up sets of 5 reps
(20kg) 5 <-- 1x Warm up set of 5 reps
(30kg) 3 <-- 1x Warm up set of 3 reps
(40kg) 2 <-- 1x Warm up set of 2 reps
(50kg) 5 - 5 - 5 <-- 3x working sets (the actual weight you want to lift)

Reps are each time you do the exercise. Sets are a group of reps done in a row.

Wow thanks a lot your a legend. So with the rows can I use my bench press bar?

Yeah mate I did for every exercise yesterday. But when I saw the guy doing rows he had some weird bar.

SWEET =] Hahah this is great. I did all of them cept the row today because I didnt know what bar haha, a lot of fun :)

Man I really wanna do it today but I cant because ive all ready done 3 times this week. **** I hate being chubby.

Aye should I take any supplements

Last edited:
Are there any diets to follow that would work with my age and w/o