• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have been at a new gym for the last 6 months or so now - I moved at my old gym was getting way to busy - prob 50-60 people there in the mornings - now at the new gym I have literately prob seen 10-15 diff people over the time I have been training there and a max of prob 6 people in the gym at one time.

There is a new Gold's Gym opening up 2 mins from my house - so will be changing over - the equipment is fantastic - already 2 Gold's in Canberra but on the other side of town.

Not full of fuck wits, there are a few at the moment with it being stereo season..

Great equipment great staff and a positive place.

There is our fair share, but funny reading agj there is a thread about my gym. People are too intimated to go... Haha suits me

Like my garage gym more than anywhere else now. Me. Silence. Hevay shit.
Oh and the pooch.

I seem to rev im training alone. I dont know why.

I copped the phone call the other day of someone signing me up basically so they could get a free gym bag.
After saying I had a home gym, I am guessing she expected a bowflex or similar.
Started listing off what I had and the bird on the other end had pretty much nothing or didn't know what to say.
Ended with "ummm....ok, well.....I wasn't expecting that, guess you don't need to come in then unless you want to, have a nice day"

Doing a large renno, and have just put in a new sled area, a massive power cage with 4 x double sided squat bays on each side with adjustable safeties, dip bars etc, new bumper plates and I think are getting some DL platforms.

Last edited:
I copped the phone call the other day of someone signing me up basically so they could get a free gym bag.
After saying I had a home gym, I am guessing she expected a bowflex or similar.
Started listing off what I had and the bird on the other end had pretty much nothing or didn't know what to say.
Ended with "ummm....ok, well.....I wasn't expecting that, guess you don't need to come in then unless you want to, have a nice day"

Did she sound hot?

It's brand new, there will be bugger all people using it and it's 2 mins away, and it's free. I see a power rack with my name on it. Shrek has new playground. Might have to sell my home power rack.
Fuck yeah!
I trained there last week.

Overall my gym has the basics, but is missing a few pieces of equipment that I have loved over the years.

hammer strength camber preacher curl - the angles and load of this machine has always been the best for me at isolating biceps without involving traps. Current gym does not have one, but same franchise has one 4-5 suburbs away.

rear delt machine- old gym had a pec deck where you could change the ROM so you could sit backwards and start movement from almost hands together..... Was so good at isolating the rear delts. Current gym has a awful pec deck.

otherwise location and not too crowded are pluses at my gym, and as I am no where near as serious as I was in my 20s, thus will do me fine!

Got some more gear. 4 barbells now - a cheap one good enough for squats, one with tighter knurling for BP/DL, a pendlay for quick lifts, and a women's barbell for those with light presses or who prefer a narrower bar. 280kg of bumpers and 15kg of fractionals. A chinup bar. Bunch of KB. And foam roller, ab wheel, that sort of thing. CD player and barbeque. It's enough for my lifters at the moment.

10644158_1491052671159052_1894526210314453491_o.jpg

I can train in underpants, every song is a winner, spit on the floor, make prehistoric grunting noises without people looking at me like I'm a weirdo and I never miss the anabolic window post workout because of traffic.

Neighbours don't like any of it but I say fuck 'em, I own my house and give no fark for tenants on either side, gettajobhousos.

Last edited: