• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What oil do you guys use to cook?

The one in the attachemnt.
Reason - Simple - Wife says its the best to use and its what she buys, so its what I use. ;)

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 44
Coconut oil or olive oil. Trying to use the coconut oil more for frying and olive oil for sautéing veggies for stews and sauces etc. I've been told coconut oil is a healthier oil to cook with.

Last edited:
Bought one of those stone ware pans, it actually works, do not have to use any oil, nothing sticks to it and food tastes so much better cooked in it, was sceptical, been using it about 6 months now, best fry pan ever, and we have tried them all:rolleyes:

http://www.danozdirect.com.au/flavorstone/

For other stuff mainly use olive oil.

basically use olive oil for everything, unless it for thai or something which generally use peanut oil or coco nut oil.

olive oil gives me the shits as soon as i touch a bit of olive oil i am on the bogger , which makes it a bit hard as the gf is italian and is always using olive oil

If you are real anal about it, the facts are;
Olive oil is more suited to salads and for cooking at moderate temperatures.

peanut oil is similar to olive but has a high level of omega 6, so should be used sparingly

sesame oil same as above but can safely be used for frying as it contains unique antioxidants that are not destroyed in the process (of frying)

safflower, corn, sunflower, canola, soy and cottonseed, avoid like the plague, unless you can find "cold-pressed", like sugar and sweeteners...Hydrogenated fats are the worst type, that contain no nutrient value.

Tropical oils like coconut, are the best to cook with as it is high in Lauric acids.

Oh, and butter is good.

If you are going to fry some meat, cut a bit of fat off it and stick it on the hot plate like the Japs do.

Olive oil, Coconut oil, butter, sesame oil. I will also get some mustard oil.
I usually use Olive oil for most things, coconut for the higher smoke point and for pancakes, I like the flavour it adds. I add a bit of butter to my eggs for taste. Same with sesame oil, I usually add it if I cook something Asian for taste and also it supposed to be rich in minerals etc...

I want to get some mustard oil when I cook Indian food, it has good ratio of Omega 3/6 acids.

I say use verity of different oils instead of 1 for everything.

macadamia is wonderful in baking.

I use olive oil for cooking but sometimes macadamia oil for baking.

Never use veg oils or coconut oil for cooking.

Yep. Used to use macadamia a bit, it was good.

Just use olive oil now because I get it in bulk.

From what I heard coconut oil is a major part of vegetable oil anyway.

Yep. Used to use macadamia a bit, it was good.

Just use olive oil now because I get it in bulk.

From what I heard coconut oil is a major part of vegetable oil anyway.

maca oil is amazing for baking. lovely buttery taste in cakes etc.

oh by veg i meant grain and seed oils like canola, sunflower, or rice bran etc.
never use them. taste like crap :p

don't like the taste of coconut oil in cooking. only occasionally use it raw on mashed sweet potato with cinnamon YUM.

I'd use it in baked stuff with coconut though for extra flavour. Would be good for that. But not frying stuff. YUK.
;)