• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What motivates you, and what do you hate? About bodybuilding/strength sports...

jj80

Was just wondering what elements of bodybuilding some forum members like. What keeps you going?

What elements of the bodybuilding or strength sports scenes do you find distasteful or try to avoid?

For me I like to challenge myself in terms of weightlifting and what I can achieve. Even if it's just numbers on a bar the process of pushing it and overcoming adversity draws me to weight training.

I also like keeping fit and it helps prevent me turning into a complete couch slob.

I don't like the body dysmorphia some people develop and that the media helps to propagate with ridiculous images of 'the ideal'. It seems in bodybuilding some people take 'keeping in shape' too far and fall into their own reflection... like Narcissus... Perversion through obsession.

I just don't like what I might become without training. A skinny fuck. That scares the shit outta me.

It makes me feel good
Keeps your body and mind young and healthy
I can still see my toes. :D

Dislike
People through the Internet have made it unnecessarily confusing
The constant searching of a magic program
Obsessive chasing of numbers with little regard for anything else
Group training and all the rah rah bullshit that goes with it
Calling fat bastards who lift athletes. :D

Although I'm old and most here are still much younger

Likes; the by products lifting weight produces for me.

Dislikes
What dorko wrote, I mean I like what he wrote his dislikes I like I mean....

Was different when I was much younger.

Havent we already had a thread like this?

I enjoy wearing XXL clothes and still being able to see my penis.

I love food, therefore I train so I can eat more. I also enjoy testing my body and pushing it to the limits. I dislike the judgmental attitudes of people within the gym, hating on obese people doing there best etc... and the general stereotypes of loving yourself, flexing all the time and eating chicken & broccoli every meal.

The self love does get a little tiring on occasion. More than occasionally actually. Excessive vanity in a person is not an attractive trait.

Though, I do like being able to squat four plates so hard the bar leaves my shoulders. That bit is nice. As is nothing I do outside of the gym being actually hard.

Wow didn't take long to shitpot a good thread.
[MENTION=10878]jj80[/MENTION]; I like how people treat you when your large and in charge. Men respect or envy you and you can tell, it makes you carry yourself differently knowing at anytime if you wanted to flip out you could and chances are no one in the room could stop you.

Its nice to know a man is admiring your physique.

Thats what I like.

What I hate is that men are impressed by how you look and your feats of strength. Women not in the slightest.

The other thing I hate is the body dismorphia and all the time wasted in the gym

I despise weak kunts who have no intestinal fortitude to train legs.
Theres more of these kunts than leg trainers.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

I hate this

"IT'S ALL YOU BRO"
When we can see it clearly isn't.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

I agree Brick people go for two looks - one aims to look intimidating the other aims to be attractive.

I'm actually doing it to set a standard for my son to beat one day. He's only 3 but want him to grow up with a Dad who actually practiced what he preaches. I figured majority of kids want to be better than Dad so just figured I'd try and set the standard high. It gives long term motivation.