• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is this machine?

Interesting discussion gentlemen. Upon reflection, I can tell you that there are two sides to the points put forward here, instead of an absolute right or wrong ok!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Darkoz
I'm the first to admit I know nothing, but I know that (as you probably know) that the goal changes constantly for all of us regardless of whether you are 20, 40 or 70.

You've got a shit load more knowledge than me Goosey and you can convey your thoughts far more concisely than I ever could.

Fadi - Any advice from yourself on this machine? Would love to hear if you do.
Please check the following, and by the way it's called: Hammer Strength Shrug Machine.

[YOUTUBE]uyovGMmBNNw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4MP0RpJTxz0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JDcqlZtR3i0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The shrug and bench press look fine but the deadlift's line of power looks off to me. Oops, I think that last machine (bench press) is not what is in question here.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Well I might be closed minded here, but that machine looks about as usefull as tits on a bull.

A lot of money and space wasted just for what it does.

Please check the following, and by the way it's called: Hammer Strength Shrug Machine.

[YOUTUBE]uyovGMmBNNw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4MP0RpJTxz0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JDcqlZtR3i0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The shrug and bench press look fine but the deadlift's line of power looks off to me. Oops, I think that last machine (bench press) is not what is in question here.

Fadi.

Poor examples Fadi

I did rows with it the other day just for something different.

Seemed to work okay.

Regular barbell rows and db rows are better though.

Someone please melt the bloody thing down and make some weight plates out of it. The sum of its parts and size and potential benefits from using it make this thing a big waste of space.

Loaded it to 160kg today, did 6 reps, just feels wrong. (maybe my form) but going to buy a bar and plates for home instead and do deadlifts in the shed from now no.

Graham, you need to explain yourself.

There are no absolutes in weight lifting, and comments like this shit me to tears and make me not want to visit the Internet.

The small muscles fatigue before the big ones which leaves them more susceptible to injury

That and in my personal experience I've only ever strained/torn anything late in a training session/game

The small muscles fatigue before the big ones which leaves them more susceptible to injury

That and in my personal experience I've only ever strained/torn anything late in a training session/game

I tore an intercostal muscle minutes after arriving at the gym a while back on the leg press.