• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What gets you fired up for 1rm pb attempts?

I get fired up for most my high % lifts...whether its 1s, 3s or even 20...I couldn't imagine just getting though my session in a ho-hum frame of mind. ..

i used to have a really specific psych up routine. come meet day it was too hard to repeat everything and get it as perfect as i could in training and it threw me off badly. so ive stopped with the routines now and next comp i will most likely just do a bit of yelling and lift.

i used to have a really specific psych up routine. come meet day it was too hard to repeat everything and get it as perfect as i could in training and it threw me off badly. so ive stopped with the routines now and next comp i will most likely just do a bit of yelling and lift.
yeah its hard to get it all in if you end up under the pump to get out on the platform

physically: "the rage" heavy breathing and a bit of grunting + ammonia.
mentally: the picture of me lifting that PB and telling myself i can do it!

Re psyching up you need to think about stress. Psyching up will cause a lot more sress than not. Its recovering from this stress that causes the adaptation. The more stress you cause the longer it takes to recover. The longer you submit yourself tostress the faster you recover from it so need even more stress to adapt also. So you need to think about the stress response youre making and if it is the right response for your training at that moment in time.

So for myself i wave vole with intensity. The volume is causing the stress so i am more likey to psych up and take pre workout stims during this time. The intensity block is all about recovery and adaptation so it makes little sense for me to psych up for the max singles. If i dont set a pb because of this so what? Its not a meet so although its nice there is no need

Motivation is just wanting it for me.

Even on light days, I treat every rep and set as though it's heavy. I find this helps so i'm not doing anything different come 1RM test time.

I just need to conquer my fear and not psych myself out so I don't think about it :p
I like doing 1RMs with my trainer. She loads up the bar and I don't look or know how much weight I'm lifting until I've finished. :D

Re psyching up you need to think about stress. Psyching up will cause a lot more sress than not. Its recovering from this stress that causes the adaptation. The more stress you cause the longer it takes to recover. The longer you submit yourself tostress the faster you recover from it so need even more stress to adapt also. So you need to think about the stress response youre making and if it is the right response for your training at that moment in time.

So for myself i wave vole with intensity. The volume is causing the stress so i am more likey to psych up and take pre workout stims during this time. The intensity block is all about recovery and adaptation so it makes little sense for me to psych up for the max singles. If i dont set a pb because of this so what? Its not a meet so although its nice there is no need

Do you read the shit you write?

I just like to think of overcoming pain, the pain of fatigue etc. I get myself into that aggressive state of overcoming as much pain as possible.

I also get abit angry with myself if I'm not performing well. People who know me know I like to tell myself "COME ON!!!". But I probably go to failure a bit too often I'm now starting to realise. But I don't do 1RMs though.

Balls to the f*#king walls!!!

I gave a pretty decent explanation. Keeping planned high stress workouts high stress and low stress workouts low stress is sound advice, like it or not

You gotta alot of theories aye, I ain't seeing alot of results coming from these theories though.

For all your bs lifting science you could have gotten exactly the same results this year with 3 workouts a week and sensible eating.

Last edited:
You gotta alot of theories aye, I ain't seeing alot of results coming from these theories though.

For all your bs lifting science you could have gotten exactly the same results this year with 3 workouts a week and sensible eating.

l enjoyed your pre edit post more....

I've been reading about stimulus ie stress in relation to giving a performance it seems that up until a point an increasing stimulus gives and increasing performance level. This point is different for each person. Any thoughts?

You do know what the word theory means right?
If you meant hypothesis then youre also very much mistaken. Every sports scientist either side of the atlantic agrees youre just racking up strength then recoverying from it. Every popular program has you rack up stress then recover from it. Accumulation intensification realisation. Ive been training 2 and a bit years and my total is bang on medvedvevs and sheikos estimation of rate of progress. Yours however isnt, youre not even a rated lifter so i suggest you shut the fuck up before you bring what one totals into the equation

You do know what the word theory means right?
If you meant hypothesis then youre also very much mistaken. Every sports scientist either side of the atlantic agrees youre just racking up strength then recoverying from it. Every popular program has you rack up stress then recover from it. Accumulation intensification realisation. Ive been training 2 and a bit years and my total is bang on medvedvevs and sheikos estimation of rate of progress. Yours however isnt, youre not even a rated lifter so i suggest you shut the fuck up before you bring what one totals into the equation
-
Well on the international wanker scale you have proven your rating

Despite my intermittent lifting, shitty diet, injuries and the fact I am pretty half arsed about my training I still added more to my total this year then you did & my squats were to depth without my knees caving, not like the abortion squat pb videos you post up here.

- It's funny your dead hasn't moved fuck all, your bench has barely moved the only lift your progressing well on is squat and you added wraps, barely hit depth on the vids you posted and your form was shit. So I'd argue in real world terms you added fuck all to that lift as well.

- Put that in your shitty rating system.

Last edited:
I dont deadlift because of a torn psoas... My acheivements are woth less because i tried harder than other people to get them? Youre rediculous