• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What exercises/lifts do you consider to be a waste of time?

Exactly.

Each person and situation is deferent.

Yes bazza but im saying its not a waste of time when these lifts can be done for more then relative strength

anyone looking to buy QUEST PROTEIN bars use Code ZMP222 on iherb.com to get $10 off and cheap shipping!

Yes bazza but im saying its not a waste of time when these lifts can be done for more then relative strength

anyone looking to buy QUEST PROTEIN bars use Code ZMP222 on iherb.com to get $10 off and cheap shipping!

It's is a waste of time when there can be better exercises or ways to use the time than the three powerlifts.

There is nothing magical about them and you can't seriously think these three exercises are going to be beneficial in every situation in every person.

I know they can be used for more than strength.

Squats for endurance may be useful if you are doing an endurance squatting competition otherwise there will be better options.

Speed squats could help speed and power but for most sports I would argue there are many many better alternatives than them.

Ill just say my last piece I think these lifts to 90percent of sports and normal people are definitely not a waste of time and in result have very much carry over on a chosen sport, for the small amoun, the 10% yes @bazza20 mum doing vacuuming or the person who shoots guns and bow and arrows or what not would see no benifit accept for maybe building strenth (who doesnt want that) and some hypertrophy too, but if I where to choose a leg extention over a sqaut I know id be wasting my time

Clean, ohp, stiff leg dead > squat bench dead unless your training for powerlifting.

So they are better if training for anything other than powerlifting? Too broad a statement I think.

Its all situational as mentioned earlier. All goal dependant.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Clean, ohp, stiff leg dead > squat bench dead unless your training for powerlifting.

That's a pretty good summation brick.

There are a lot of good exercises available to us to develop certain areas of the body.
To think that; squat, dead and bench is all one needs is toolish thinking.

if you look at the three, you'll see that although multi joint exercises they all rely on just a few muscles to do the mechanical work.

squat= quads, glutes
dead= back, hip
bench=triceps, delts

That's a pretty good summation brick.

There are a lot of good exercises available to us to develop certain areas of the body.
To think that; squat, dead and bench is all one needs is toolish thinking.

if you look at the three, you'll see that although multi joint exercises they all rely on just a few muscles to do the mechanical work.

squat= quads, glutes
dead= back, hip
bench=triceps, delts

Thanks, I forgot front squat > back squat