• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weekly Poll #13 - Which is more important to you?

Which is more important to you?

• Muscle Size

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Strength

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Fitness and muscular endurance

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Other - Specify in thread

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Which is more important to you?

Muscle size, strength or fitness and muscular endurance?

I chose strength but I also want to look like I work out, so muscle size is second to strength for me. Love chasing the numbers on the barbell!

This is a really hard one, I want both muscle size and strength......and to be honest I need both.

I chose strength because it seems to me that the strongest guys are usually the biggest guys as well........just look at those who train at the PTCs or Gold coast barbell. I think a simple conclusion is strength increases size, ofcourse there are those who will contest this conclusion, but it is my opinion.

EDIT: Also I have concluded that increasing strength also increases muscle endurance, an example would be the fact that when I started lifting my 1rm deadlift was 100kg, now I can deadlift 180kg, I can do 100kg for a set of 18reps=endurance increased.

Last edited:
I voted muscle size although all three are important when I think about it. It's always good to look big, it's always good to be stronger and muscular sure would help too.

Strength, as muscular size is usually directly proportional to strength.

Not powerlifting strength however, as in lifting as efficiently as possible, shortest ROM as possible etc.

I want all of them + continued weightloss...so I voted for other. Because getting to my goal is the most important thing for me. I don't need to be super strong and I certainly don't want to be shredded lol I just want to be leaner, fitter, faster, stronger with alot of tone.

I aint asking for much am I?

faaarrkkk lol

Last edited:
I love being in wraps and squatting 90kgs in the mono at PtC, and the guys in the power racks are squatting 60kgs and sweating, that is a good feeling. One day they will be squatting more, but right now my motivation is to stay in front as long as I can :)

Since I'm trying to cut down at the momeny I'll go with trying to maintain strength.

After that, it'll be all about the size baby. :cool: