• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Vitamin C, The Most Successful Vitamin for Healing

Thats acutally over 44 times RDI lol. RDI is pointless though.

A good OPTIMAL dose is your bodyweight x 55. The answer is what you should take in MG spaced out per day.

If you are crook, in any way, shape, or form, you will need alot more. As mentioned in this thread, start off at 5000mg, add 1000 or 2000mg a day untill your bowls give way, then drop back 1000mg.

Sound right noobs?

Thats acutally over 44 times RDI lol. RDI is pointless though.

A good OPTIMAL dose is your bodyweight x 55. The answer is what you should take in MG spaced out per day.

If you are crook, in any way, shape, or form, you will need alot more. As mentioned in this thread, start off at 5000mg, add 1000 or 2000mg a day untill your bowls give way, then drop back 1000mg.

Sound right noobs?

I would start with 1g daily if you are not used to it.. If you are on 2 then go up to 3.... Ect.. All divided daily dosages.

Bodyweight x 55 means 4000mg (4g) daily.

They're 500mg tabs and I crunch two at a time twice daily for my current 2000mg. I'd need to crunch 8 tabs a day to get to 4000mg. Could do it, but it would required constant concerted effort...

:)

Cheers,
Mike

Bodyweight x 55 means 4000mg (4g) daily.

They're 500mg tabs and I crunch two at a time twice daily for my current 2000mg. I'd need to crunch 8 tabs a day to get to 4000mg. Could do it, but it would required constant concerted effort...

:)

Cheers,
Mike

Most things in life that are worth while require effort. 2g with 6 meals a day is 12g for me...
1g below bowel problems is your dosage
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought that was the THERAPUDIC dose noobs?
For optimal health it thought it was bwx55? Im not arguing, just trying to figure out why our info is a bit different.

I thought that was the THERAPUDIC dose noobs?
For optimal health it thought it was bwx55? Im not arguing, just trying to figure out why our info is a bit different.

Because the theraputic dosage canges with the bodies need... If you body doesnt need it you will get troubles so you feed it what it needs..

If you need 40g a day then thats what you need there is a biochemical reason for it..

Same reason someone needs 75mg of an SSRI someone might need 600mg to get the same result all our bodies are different.

Don't chew them Mike just swallow it whole. Since it is acid chewing them will destroy your enamel.

Don't chew them Mike just swallow it whole. Since it is acid chewing them will destroy your enamel.

YES!!!

Those things are evil, also try drinking through a straw and remember not to let it sit in water for too long we dont want it to oxidize..

sh!t, didn't think about that but knew it was acidic...

OK, swallowing them whole now even though I do love the taste when chewed... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

sh!t, didn't think about that but knew it was acidic...

OK, swallowing them whole now even though I do love the taste when chewed... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Mate check to make sure they are 100% asorbic acid..

My guess is they will be sodium ascorbate as well as asorbic acid.. Still vitmain c yes but it contains sodium and ingesting large amounts trying to boost vitmain c to levels we need for optimal health will no doubt increase sodium levels to problem levels..Look on iherb or buy some 100% asorbic acid powder..

What a terribly sad thread, I only read the first page and I went looking for a razor (joke Shrek, no ban lol)

I'm having eating classes at PTC. Its mandatory for you to attend Christian.

This supplement wave your riding is embarrasing.

I only read Kyles first answer, and I agree 100% with him.

Dont shoot me, its only the opinion of an old fart who loves mandarins.

What a terribly sad thread, I only read the first page and I went looking for a razor (joke Shrek, no ban lol)

I'm having eating classes at PTC. Its mandatory for you to attend Christian.

This supplement wave your riding is embarrasing.

I only read Kyles first answer, and I agree 100% with him.

Dont shoot me, its only the opinion of an old fart who loves mandarins.

Im going to post a thread later, If you read it you will understand Markos.

You are lukey you are healthy and so is your family..

But what you and kyle post regarding the infomation i post is to me what ab crunch pros are too you...

Yes i respect you and what you do but you need to understand life isnt perfect for some people and these are not "trends" they are simply the Is of life..

We were not born with drugs... Yet some how they are the norm and anything other then drugs are deemed as gimicks your current post basically states that.

I am going to supply infomation you do with it what you wish. I know what works and what doesnt at the end of the day it is up to individuals to make INFORMED decisions based on infomation not "what we think".

The thread is up BTW

http://ausbb.com/general-health-wel...-journey-patients-perspective.html#post111905

Like you i look at real world results.. Here are real world results Markos.

I also wanted to commenton what Kyles firts post stated.

"Silly old insulin makers and physios and burns wards, what do those morons know.

Well Kyle i am fairly sure insulin makers know how to make insulin.. That is what they do they make insulin they do not care why people require it, a need is there and it is met. This is obvious to any one with a brain..

Also Physio's burn wards well we all know what we are taught Kyle, unless you research and study something the infomation doesnt just magically pop into your head. You need to read study review...

So maybe best you stick to things you know and not comment on things you dont. Other wise i could simply state like you and say "What does some bloke with a cert 3,4 or whatever you have in personal training know about healing and curing disease/disorders and the causitive agents behind them?"

The logical answer is well nothing... Because his experiene comes from what he reads in a magazine or what he see's on a current affair.

But if it was so good people would do it.. Well thats the thing they do do it and people like you are left saying but but but..

Kyle is squats and deadlfits and protein were so good the government would recomend them instead of gardening for exercise and cornflakes for breakfast...

"Yes but i have seen fads come and go"

Well yes i have seen fads come as well problem is i know how to spot something that doesnt make sense on many levels...

" I have been around longer then you remarks your immature whatever"

Well yes but time does not heal ignorance and fill a desire for knowledge truth and wisdom...

Last edited:
At the end of the day people will be healthier because of the information people like you provide n00bs.
You have lead the horse to the water.

And im guzzeling :D

M, Ill bring a short movie to nats if you would like to watch it. Its a very good watch, and goes for around 1.5hrs.

When you think about it people can die from eating peanuts... THEY DIE!

Thats it all over red rover.. So i dont know how proven food intolerances and other ideas are met with such a view of "crazyness"

I mean who dies from eating nuts? Well people do... And people also having phsycotic episodes from eating food they are allergic too.

It isnt nonsense it simply is.

Know someone with ezema,asthma, a mental condition that just appeared? Well then you know someone with food problems...

Just the other day mrsn00bs said she say on some break through program that "antioxidants are good for macular degeneration"..

Well duh? All degeneration works on the same concept oxidative stress... It is only natural that slowing or adding an antioxidant effect to this process will help it somehow.

Yet its on the news so all of a sudden it is accepted.

I do alot of reading and alot of study. If i didnt have the problems i have i would not seek the answers i seek. I mean why would a healthy person give a **** about health? They wouldnt... And they donti see it in most peoples posts...

Until something happens to them or someone they love then the story turns... I insist you to read the thread i posted regarding 1 bodybuilders battle and almost suicide.

I mean why would a healthy person give a **** about health? They wouldnt... And they donti see it in most peoples posts...

Until something happens to them or someone they love then the story turns...

I don't think it's the healthy people who don't care.
The people who care are the ones who make themselves healthy.
The people who don't care incorrectly assume they are healthy and keep riding their luck :p

You guys dont get it, Christian goes LOOKING for things wrong with him.

Stop***** around and stopped putting processed shit in your body Christian, stick to fruit, veg and meat.

Only then will you bring your bodyfat down.

Anybody telling others that a man made pill will cure him of ANYTHING rather than eating food is doing NOBODY any favours.

I'm not LUCKY to be healthy, I make sure I'm healthy by not listening to clueless labcoats about nutrition.

If the useless pricks want to impress me, find a cure for a cold, aids, cancer etc.

Instead, they'll tell us what causes it lol

Theyre like politicians. Christian wont change, he's hooked on this garbage, I read it in all his posts, supplement life next Christian, but not before you find a supplement for training.

Dont take this the wrong way, but your attack on Kyle was outta line, and you throw up regurgitated crap you quote from some book thats the flavour of the month.

Do you know the New English Medical Journal, as late as the 1980's, claimed that steroids were not performance enhancing.
IDIOTS.

Keep getting your nutrition from bottles everyone, see how that works out for you.

End rant, I'm going to lie down now.

No hard feeling Christian, but its been building up for a while, now you have sheep following your quotes from these books. So sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys dont get it, Christian goes LOOKING for things wrong with him.

Stop f u c k i n g around and stopped putting processed shit in your body Christian, stick to fruit, veg and meat.

Only then will you bring your bodyfat down.

Anybody telling others that a man made pill will cure him of ANYTHING rather than eating food is doing NOBODY any favours.

I'm not LUCKY to be healthy, I make sure I'm healthy by not listening to clueless labcoats about nutrition.

If the useless pricks want to impress me, find a cure for a cold, aids, cancer etc.

Instead, they'll tell us what causes it lol

Theyre like politicians. Christian wont change, he's hooked on this garbage, I read it in all his posts, supplement life next Christian, but not before you find a supplement for training.

Dont take this the wrong way, but your attack on Kyle was outta line, and you throw up regurgitated crap you quote from some book thats the flavour of the month.

Do you know the New English Medical Journal, as late as the 1980's, claimed that steroids were not performance enhancing.

F U C K I N G IDIOTS.

Keep getting your nutrition from bottles everyone, see how that works out for you.

End rant, I'm going to lie down now.

No hard feeling Christian, but its been building up for a while, now you have sheep following your quotes from these books. So sad.

Markos i dont eat processed food, I add vitamins i dont think they are making me fat... What is keepingme fat are cortisol oestrogen growth hormone and testosterone and hypothyroidism out of wack.

This isnt make believe or something i dream up it is fact.

And for starters i hate the majority of medical journals markos they are nothing but controlled infomation that half the time is shit we know and irrelivent.. Half of certain journals are not published in the "approved ones"

Diet is the main forcus of anything and i tell everyone this! Then you add a few things there is no miracle cure and no band aids to proper living and diet but there are some things to help along the way...

We know what causes cancer and disease and the reversal process is the same as how to not get them in the first place, diet and lifestyle..

I dont believe in magic bulletts i believe in common sense. Everything i tell people is DIET is everything i dont know why you think i think differently... What is crazy is thinking you can take a drug to miraculously heel the body when only the body can heal itself.. Now that is crazy..

But sometimes diet isnt everything... Thats why people take fishoil caps? I believe you do as well because sometimes extra is needed to do the job especially in regards to healing..

We already know that the bodies need for certain nutrients increasing amazingly high when it is under reapir or attack. However there are no reccomendations for those levels. There is a reccomendation for a standadied healthy perosn who doesnt exist.

I dontbelieve in evolution but our closest genetic match on this planet actuall produces vitamin c (as do most other animals in the world) themselves! Way way way way above what we believe to be normal vitamin intake. THis nutrient is so special all these other animals make it some upto 100g a day.

Please i beg you read my other thread about the man who is allergiv to beef and fish. Dnt believe me? I will ask him if i can give you his email address he was a bodybuilder for 25odd years and suffered for 20 of those alost commiting suicide... Speak to him im sure he thought exactly the same as you markos.

I dont go looking for things wrong with me markos, i find out what is wrong then i find out how to deal with it correctly as im not 1 to believe god thought drugs were required for normal human function... I do not imagine low hormone levels. The tests speak for themselves... I have posted them here before. But for some reason you think its diet and lazyness related? I also do not imagine that phsycological issues run in my family.. Because they just do.

Also we know how to avoid a cold, have you heard of the germ theory? 50 people exposed say 50% contract the virus? The question is why? WHy did 25 contract and 25 did not? Your immune system... So we boost it, there are ways to do this good nutrition is important.

I dont supplement life markos. But some people have to supplement certain things... And i would rather it be natural vitmains then drugs.

Do some research into schitzophrenia and vitamin dependancy for niaicn for them.

What bothers me is you think im a crack pot for commonly accepted knowledge because no one here has heard it before or they think they have heard it and dismissed it without looking into it...

It doesnt bother me though you are still a good bloke and i hold nothing against you for thinking im a lunatic for wanting to not be sick and help people. After all we are only both trying to help...

I have never told anyone they can supplment theyre way out of bad diet... ever. Kyle had it coming, "lets instantly dismiss everything outside of our understanding for no reason besides i dont know about it" is not something wise that should be spread under the broism banner...

Im not going to try and change your mind all i ask is you read the other thread and think about it...

Someone almost died from eating garlic also... Nooo rubbish not possible!

You would not believe how horrible I feel and have felt over the last few days. I can hardly get out of bed now... I can't eat, I have a headache, body-ache, my mood is very poor and now I know what chronic fatigue feels like.

All because I ingested garlic.

I believe that I have developed an impaired ability to convert sulphite to sulphate using sulphite oxidase, a molybdenum- and vitamin B2-dependent enzyme.

I use to tolerate garlic well but over the years seem to react as if it is a violent poison. "Alliase" amino acid present in garlic, onions, and asparagus breaks down safely into those chemicals for which garlic is praised. Molybdenum is the catalyst that allows this change to take place. But in people like me (and plenty others) alliase breaks down into, (among other things), highly concentrated sulphuric acid.

The reaction is the most violent acute pain and a desire for the body to eliminate it at both ends. Usually 8 hours later it is over for me. But now since I started the Molybdenum supplementation the reaction was not as violent... I did not vomit... but the symptoms now are a prolonged fatigue and inability to eat much lasting several days so far.

The hope is that after 4 months of Molybdenum supplementation to support the sulphite oxidase enzyme and use of the B vitamins taken away from meals along w/ things that will help eliminate these breakdown (or failed breakdown) products, such as NAC that I will once again be back to the point where I can say I am healthy.

A lot of unexplained problems seem to be explained by this. Such as all of that itching I went through along w/ high iron and copper levels.

A deficiency can be deadly if it is inherited at birth:

Another enzyme called "sulfite oxidase" has been implicated in dysfunction of the last step creating non-toxic sulfate from sulfur dioxide, and from toxic sulfide compounds. An inherited disorder called "molybdenum-cofactor deficiency" makes this condition severe, causing loss of eye lenses and usually an early death.​
But the environment can bring this about:

Less severe impairments of "sulfite oxidase" appear related to dietary deficiency or environmental depletion of the essential trace mineral molybdenum.​
So how did my environment bring this about? I don't know. But one of my secrets to staying very lean is that for the last 20 years I have eaten between 1 and 4 cans of regular (non-Alabcore Tuna) in water per day.

I have recently abandon that practice and so I wonder if a Mercury test will be of any use now? But I might have done some damage to my ability to make sufficient functioning sulfite oxidase enzyme this way.

More interesting stuff, i surley didnt know that.. There are alot of things outside of our knowledge that we simply do not know about.. And we cannot rubbish them simply based on how we think if it isnt based on anything substancial.

This isnt about hoodoovoodoo markos its just about the facts of what is and results... If Things get results (we both very much like results!) I think they are warrented use then regardless of personal feelings on the matter.

This isnt a diss or having a crack or any other rubbish i just want you to know that there are things we do no know and there are things we do not understand there are also plenty of things we do know, so i will keep trying to help people that need it.

I dont follow any flavour of the month crap (its probably nacho cheese btw) i follow what is...

Last edited: