• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Vitamin C, The Most Successful Vitamin for Healing

25000 down today.

Noobs, I have been a bit hesitant to take any other antioxidents like grape seed extract or my veggie juices incase the acid destorys any of the good stuff.....

On the back of "Macro greens" it says not to take with citrus. Do you think wpc and fish oil would be effected too? Its so hard to fit all this stuff in one day :(

By the way that book you recommened came today, its pretty good.

Meh take it all...

Or follow what the book says.

How much VC are you taking per serve? Also vitamin c Is added and in a lot of veggie juices.
Posted via Mobile Device

Would 5g or more be an issue? 25g in smaller doses would suck ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

25g is massive...

But it depends on the persons need a seek person will soak it up..

For example with niacin.. I am on 4000mg a day in 1000mg doses hardly any flush. Some people take 100mg and its beetroot time..

It all depends on 'the person' as that is the basis of orthomolecular medicine. Every person is unqiue and their requirements are as such.

The RDI/RDA/ADA person does not exist and its a load of shit. Everyone is unique and we all require different 'tuning'.

Start with in 1000mg doses. Add 1000mg per day until you get bowel problems then cut back 1000mg then in 1 months time try and up it again.

Most people wont get past 8-10000mg nor do they need to. 1g below bowel problems is your theraputic dosage.

If he isnt having bowel problems then he is fine... His body is obvously using it all just fine.

We know that during illness requirements for everything go up immensley. No one has realey published this in 'official' documents.. But arnt we all sick and dying? Like i said the RDis are a load of crap designed for healthy people.. Well none of us are healthy we are poisoned everyday.

Sitting on the computer now im generating excess free radicals in my eyes form staring at this computer screen.

The brightness from it is also depleting melatonin in my body (antioxidant). Western lifestyle is the cause of the majority of our problems. But it is just too fun and convinient to stop it..

So if he took 7.5g 3x a day he shouldn't get any stomach upset after each dose, even though it is fairly large at one time?
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont know trial and error.. Though i would be wanting a much more constant saturation of cells as opposed to large lumps..

Imagine eating 1 massive meal in the day.. Then compare that to 6 frequent smaller meals..

Constant saturation is what we are hoping to achieve.

Yen I'm having It in around 7-10 goes at the moment......... and pissing like a race horse :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Remember to make it each time... Otherwise letting it sit in water it oxidises. Not what we want from an antioxidant...

Only got around 20 000 today. Just had a rather unpleasant bowl movement :p
Should I lay off it for the rest of the day noobs, or have smaller doses later this arvo.

Currently taking 5mg every 90 mins.
Posted via Mobile Device

Only got around 20 000 today. Just had a rather unpleasant bowl movement :p
Should I lay off it for the rest of the day noobs, or have smaller doses later this arvo.

Currently taking 5mg every 90 mins.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lay off for rest of the day resume tomorrow...

Your "requirement may have changed" ... And now you possibly dont require that high dosage if you see problems again tomorrow stay at 1 g below the problem level split it out throughout the day. Then you can re asses in a months time.

I became very interested after reading The antioxidant revolution 20 years ago.

I've taking high doses ever since.

Slowly increase until a catastrophic bowll movement, then back of and maintain.

Gees that's some high dosage. I realised Vit C was something I was skimping on so have bought a bucketload recently and currently dosing at 2000mg a day which is double or more the recommended dosage. Are you suggesting this is too low?

Cheers,
Mike