• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Veges for LMG

hugoti

Guys,
I usually just prepare sweet potatoes and broccoli with all my main meals (chicken or meat). Looking for some variety now, so what are the top choices when it comes to selecting veges? Interested to the choices as I tend to be very picky when it comes to eating veges.

Guys,
I usually just prepare sweet potatoes and broccoli with all my main meals (chicken or meat). Looking for some variety now, so what are the top choices when it comes to selecting veges? Interested to the choices as I tend to be very picky when it comes to eating veges.

Just eat a range of veggies you enjoy.

I've always thought that you should eat as many different coloured vegies as possible to help getting the widest range of nutrients etc.

If minimisation of fat gain is your goal, avoid lower water content, lower fiber content fruits:
Bananas, Dates, Dried Fruit, Figs, Raisins, Watermelon

Good choices are HIFWAC Fruits (high-fiber, high-water-content) and starchy veggies:
Apples, Apricots, Blueberries, Cherrries, Grapes, Peaches, Rasperries, Strawberries Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Lettuce, Mushroom, Radicchio, Radish, Spinach, potatoes, yams

Lol whut.. Avoid watermelon?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

It's very low fibre, this was just a simple list
if you really like watermelon so much that you simply can't go without it without going into meltdown then eat it, but you probably don't have what it takes to see dramatic physique changes

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2072/2
A watermelon slice (1/16) will not fill you up at all, and you're getting 18g of sugar for your efforts and it's a very poor source of nutrients
The other veg listed are much better choices

Last edited:
It's very low fibre, this was just a simple list
if you really like watermelon so much that you simply can't go without it without going into meltdown then eat it, but you probably don't have what it takes to see dramatic physique changes

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2072/2
A watermelon slice (1/16) will not fill you up at all, and you're getting 18g of sugar for your efforts and it's a very poor source of nutrients
The other veg listed are much better choices

1kg watermelon is 300 calories. I would say it is actually pretty good for cutting.

Lol at trying to claim certain veggies are better than others because of some bullshit Oni criteria. What you want is a range of veggies to get a range of nutrients. Eating a single or couple of foods at the expense of a range of different foods is never going to be beneficial.

What next, talk about superfoods lol.

Just fucken eat all your veggies, it's not hard so don't try and make it complicated
If you think that you can go wrong with certain veggies then my friend you have issues.