• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Usain bolt/yohan blake killer body (olympics)

Why is everyone harping on about Usain having a "killer physique" ?

To me, he's just a lean person with no more muscle mass than the average gym rat and as for that video of him "training" and then kissing his 13" arms, I'd say he's no better in the gym than your average gym rat, but obviously extremely gifted genetically to run fast, (I haven't seen any videos of him [on youtube] squatting big or doing *any* big weights in the gym that would imply he's "built it", which is why I say extremely genetically gifted). It's like asking a cheetah what makes it run so fast - what's its diet, what's its training, what suppliments does it take etc, ..it doesn't do any of that, it's a cheetah, its just genetically made to run fast.

Not hating, just trying to rationalize what I see...

Discuss?

Agreed. Usain has unbelievable natural capability but I doubt that his physique is all that high on his list of priorities. He will just do enough in the gym to keep the coach quiet and then go out and do what he does best.

As abhorrent as it was the ancestors of these athletes were selected for strength and resilience. The strongest were taken and then put into a system where only the elite survived. It is no accident that their descendants are physically dominant.

The rest of the human race is on the slide genetically at the same time. We have been getting better at keeping our genetically weaker members alive over the last couple of hundred years and it will (and probably already has) lead to the human genetic pool being significantly diluted. Natural selection has been overruled.

As abhorrent as it was the ancestors of these athletes were selected for strength and resilience. The strongest were taken and then put into a system where only the elite survived. It is no accident that their descendants are physically dominant.

The rest of the human race is on the slide genetically at the same time. We have been getting better at keeping our genetically weaker members alive over the last couple of hundred years and it will (and probably already has) lead to the human genetic pool being significantly diluted. Natural selection has been overruled.

This..

Feelsbadman.jpg

Agreed. Usain has unbelievable natural capability but I doubt that his physique is all that high on his list of priorities. He will just do enough in the gym to keep the coach quiet and then go out and do what he does best.

agreed

It is fascinating.

I read that the African American is mainly a result of the selection process and the tough surviving.
The same for the Irish, as a result of the potato famine, the tough survive.

World wars however have an opposite effect.

It is fascinating.

I read that the African American is mainly a result of the selection process and the tough surviving.
The same for the Irish, as a result of the potato famine, the tough survive.

World wars however have an opposite effect.

i remember watching a program that looked into why africans were such great runners , they theory was that it is evolution and has to do with tribes fighting/stealing from other tribes

Selective breeding for the blacks. Ever wonder why maoris have such fierce physiques?

The weak got eaten, the strong bred.

before you put it all down to genes, don't forget these elite athletes work a lot harder than the average gym rat to be at the top of their sport.

A lot of their success is due to dedication and hard work.

a lot like genius. you aren't born a genius...you may have gifts, but it's 99% blood sweat and tears and a measure of luck.

kudos to Usain and his peers.

before you put it all down to genes, don't forget these elite athletes work a lot harder than the average gym rat to be at the top of their sport.

A lot of their success is due to dedication and hard work.

a lot like genius. you aren't born a genius...you may have gifts, but it's 99% blood sweat and tears and a measure of luck.

kudos to Usain and his peers.

Opinions will vary.

A lot of their success is due to dedication and hard work, but it is the genetic quality of the athlete that is the key.

In jamaica the trials to get into the olympic team are harder than trying to win the race itself.

10000 people turn up for 1-2 spots.

This type of thing kind of grinds my gears... Someone will take a athlete from x or y sport and pick out someone with an impressive physique e.g. the german cyclist dude and then think "oh i've got to train exactly like he does to build up huge legs" even though most other cyclists are no where near that guy.... Bodybuilders have huge legs.... l wonder what they do?

So why is there so few TSI / Aborigional athletes? You'd think being untouched up until the 18th century would put them in even better position going by the logic mentioned earlier