• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
another mindless response from you that makes little sense.

Come on do better than that. you just hate on people like Connor because they have achieved something, it makes the pathetic feel better about their lives. Then try and bag me by saying i don't make sense but can't actually pinpoint what I said wrong.

What are people's thoughts. I think if Ronda fights Tate I would be supposed if Tate could win especially if she takes her into deeper rounds. Rondas confidence is likely not great anymore and Tate has learnt from each fight against her.

Holm v Ronda. If Rondas coach isn't as stupid as everyone expects he might be they should have a much different game plan than last time. If Ronda waits for the opportunity and gets her down its all over.

Come on do better than that. you just hate on people like Connor because they have achieved something, it makes the pathetic feel better about their lives. Then try and bag me by saying i don't make sense but can't actually pinpoint what I said wrong.

yeh great theory. or maybe its just because hes an arogant lound mouth who doesnt respect his opponents? plus he is irish.

Boat ride complete.

vkzn7.gif

yeh great theory. or maybe its just because hes an arogant lound mouth who doesnt respect his opponents? plus he is irish.
Maybe still to commenting on something you actually follow. Connor is a showman and a fight promoter and very good at it. He has been very respectful to his opponents after the fight including this one. He plays the game to build hype for fights. Even casual MMA fans have worked this out. Try again.

Boat ride complete.

vkzn7.gif

the funny thing is this has all been great for the 135 women's division. Before it was dull with Ronda beating everyone now there are some proper challangers and rivalries but all you hear from the nuff nuff brigade is Dana is going to be upset.

Haven't checked this thread in weeks as I had to catch up on some events.

I know the English are basically convicts, but damn, there was a robbery that night Silva fought. I would have given Bisping round 2 and Silvia every other round. Possibly a 10-8 in rounds 3 or 5. Almost as bad as the Dominic Cruz robbery.

I wasn't expecting Tate to win. No doubt she had the better ground game, but I assumed Holly would be too quick to allow it to go there. Massive hole exposed in her ground game. Imagine if Ronda could have gotten a hold of her instead of trying to prove a point with her boxing. It would have been funny if Tate pulled off an arm bar. I don't think it's a good idea to put Tate against Ronda again. So many other fights to make first. Give her Nunes who fought on the same card.

The MacGregor fight went as expected. MacGregor was put in an awkward spot to save the card. He had to fight someone, but a 170 fighter is just too much. Especially Diaz who is a small 170er. The stand up was always going to be close, but the ground game was going to be Diaz all day. Submissions are Diaz' strong point and MacGregor's weak point. Mendes was even able to hold him there without a training camp.

Last edited:
The MacGregor fight went as expected. MacGregor was put in an awkward spot to save the card. He had to fight someone, but a 170 fighter is just too much. Especially Diaz who is a small 170er. The stand up was always going to be close, but the ground game was going to be Diaz all day. Submissions are Diaz' strong point and MacGregor's weak point. Mendes was even able to hold him there without a training camp.

Diaz isn't a 170 pounder. He doesn't even weigh 170 in between fights.

I also wonder if McGregor's competitive personality prompted him to Box with Diaz. Now Diaz is claiming he's the true 145lb Champion. Kunt just wants another pay check at 145 or 155.

Wonder if Nick could cut to 155. That would be great, Nick Diaz versus McGregor, also Nick might be washed up.

What are people's thoughts. I think if Ronda fights Tate I would be supposed if Tate could win especially if she takes her into deeper rounds. Rondas confidence is likely not great anymore and Tate has learnt from each fight against her.

Could be an elimator between Rousey and Holm to see who fights Tate. I wouldn't be surprised if Holm beats Rousey again but Rousey beats Tate. Style makes fights.

Rousey did make a name for herself fighting a lot of second rate fighters. The UFC hyped the shit out of her.

If Rondas coach isn't as stupid as everyone expects he might be they should have a much different game plan than last time. If Ronda waits for the opportunity and gets her down its all over.

You can't just shoot in or bum rush a Sprawl n Brawl/Boxer though. Rousey had to throw with her before her chance to get in came.

I missed this. Check out the first 30 seconds of UFC 196 Embedded Ep 5. Nick Diaz tells Nate just before the UFC 196 Face Off "that fucker even touches you, its on. Don't even wait!". What does Conor do. He hits Nate's hand.

Good on yah Nick! :)

Could be an elimator between Rousey and Holm to see who fights Tate. I wouldn't be surprised if Holm beats Rousey again but Rousey beats Tate. Style makes fights.

Rousey did make a name for herself fighting a lot of second rate fighters. The UFC hyped the shit out of her.

You can't just shoot in or bum rush a Sprawl n Brawl/Boxer though. Rousey had to throw with her before her chance to get in came.

Fuck I hear that all the time rousey fought ordinary fighters. Lol. She fought everyone there was in the division.

Fuck I hear that all the time rousey fought ordinary fighters. Lol. She fought everyone there was in the division.

A lot of her opponents were Part Timers. They had to hold down 9-5 jobs while Rousey trained Full Time.

UFC 196 will be remembered as champions being exposed for their weaknesses.* It's pretty rare in male mma to have a champ who isn't very well rounded in all areas but I've been saying it for a long time that the way to beat McGregor is getting it to the ground.* Prior to this fight, I've seen him on the ground twice, got subbed by Duffy and got elbowed a lot by Mendes. *

The talk that it all came down to the fact that he fought at 170 is BS.* They both could have weighed in at 155 if required but there would have been minimal if any cut at all to make 170.* Diaz obviously having a harder time with minimal actual prep time.* So IMO this fight is basically the same as weighing in at 155 with a water weight cut and rehydration.* It's not REALLY going up two weight classes. *

Tate did very well to get the comeback win.* She has definitely improved in the striking department.* I think she is about an 8/10 in all areas of mma whereas you could say that Holm is a 10 for striking but much lower for wrestling/bjj and Ronda is a 10 for BJJ/judo but much lower for striking.* She got lucky with a few KO's in the past because of the intimidation factor of an unbeaten fighter IMO. *

I think if Conor fights Aldo it is a toss up 50/50 of whoever gets hit clean first although Connor showed a pretty damn good chin.* If he fights Edgar, he will lose.* Frankie doesn't stop moving and is a very smart fighter.* He will put him on his back where Conor has nothing. *

And I agree that I'd like to see Tate vs Nunez.* I actually thought she would be the one to beat Rousey before Holm did.* Very well rounded fighter.

"I'm going to create my own division," McGregor continued. "Who cares about weight? They all, they sign and they pull. It's happened time and time again in my weight class. I don't care about weight. It makes no difference to me. Wherever it's at, give me an opponent, and a date, and that's it."

but now it does matter?

The talk that it all came down to the fact that he fought at 170 is BS.* They both could have weighed in at 155 if required but there would have been minimal if any cut at all to make 170.* Diaz obviously having a harder time with minimal actual prep time.* So IMO this fight is basically the same as weighing in at 155 with a water weight cut and rehydration.* It's not REALLY going up two weight classes. *

But Diaz is clearly a larger fighter. Was especially obvious on the ground. I don't think the Diaz bros really have to cut weight as they are in shape year round. MacGregor just didn't need to cut weight for the fight. I don't ever see Diaz being able to cut down to 145 though. Perhaps if he did, the fight could have gone a very different way.

Is [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; the Conor McGregor of Ausbb? Swinging at every kunt. We need [MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION]; back so we can have our own version of McGregor v Diaz on the Forum ............ right [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

I love watching those Diaz boys Box, so fluid. But they'll pay a price for it in years to come sadly. Nate even sounds a bit punch drunk at times now.

Tate v Ronda 3 will be interesting on a number of levels.

How has the previous KO loss effected Ronda mentally?
Hw much has Tate improved? Obviously her self belief will be mich higher being the current title holder and subbing Holm who Ko'd Ronda

So i think would be a very interesting match up.

BUT if Ronda fought Holm again, it wouldnt surprise me to see the fight go the same way as last time, unless ROnda changes her game plan and is able to get in close, grapple and take the fight to the ground.

As for Conor, he will be fine, he talks a big game but in his own mind will know, he was fighting 25lbs heavier then usually would and will go back to his weight class for now and the see how things go, but a fight with Edgar would be very interesting

But Diaz is clearly a larger fighter. Was especially obvious on the ground. I don't think the Diaz bros really have to cut weight as they are in shape year round. MacGregor just didn't need to cut weight for the fight. I don't ever see Diaz being able to cut down to 145 though. Perhaps if he did, the fight could have gone a very different way.

No doubt that Diaz is the bigger guy in height and reach. And that was the point, I was making that Conor has been fighting midgets the whole time. Skillful midgets but still midgets.

You can't complain about fighting at a certain weight class after the fact. You took the fight, and that is that.

It actually really annoys me when massively lanky dudes are fighting in the light weight classes solely for the reach advantage. George Roop is my favourite guy to watch get KO'd for this reason LOL.