• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
gsp looked in great form and just completely outclassed condit. Was great to see condit come close in the 3rd though.

I always empathise with the guy stuck under people for entire rounds and not be able to do anything but pepper from the bottom and try not to take damage or get mounted. Must be immensely frustrating. Hence why it was so sweet to see condit get to unleash on top of gsp even if only for 50 odd secs. He definitely let gsp know that he deserved to be there even if the rest of the fight was pretty one sided.

As much as I'd like Hendricks to be a good next fight I'm a little skeptical.

Condit did a lot of damage from the bottom (see GSPs head/face in the post fight press conference), with elbows in particular, was a great fight - especially with the twist in the 3rd round. Felt that Condit's only chance to win was via knock out and he gave it a damn good shot.

From the prelims, Diabate looked pretty competent on the ground, if he continues to improve and closes out the holes he left open during the scramble, he will become a real threat / contender imo.

Hendricks is obviously legit now too - probably has a better chance of taking the belt than Condit?

l think Diabate's getting a bit late in his career now, he's been around forever... At that stage you don't just see people improve dramatically. It would be like Rampage throwing up rubber gaurd in his next fight and sweeping.

l think Diabate's getting a bit late in his career now, he's been around forever... At that stage you don't just see people improve dramatically. It would be like Rampage throwing up rubber gaurd in his next fight and sweeping.

Maybe. I just like it when exciting / technical strikers round out their game and bring the prospect of knockouts to big fights ;)

Dont get me wrong I do like watching diabate fight though, clean stricker just has a tendancy to be grapple fucked. Cant wait to see matt wiman fight again, I know hell never be champ but he always puts on a good show...

Derailing into generic MMA thread...

On the subject of exciting strikers:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1j7gAE5Ic"]UCMMA: Ultimate Challenge - Michael page vs Jefferson George - UCMMA29 - YouTube[/ame]

Michael Page is making his Bellator debut in the next show I think? Could be one to watch.

He's exciting for sure, l wouldn't count on him making anything of himself in a decent MMA organisation though. Will just get grapple fucked to hell or even countered pretty hard against a really crisp boxer when he bounds in. I hope he improves his overall game but i'll believe it when l see it. Might be another Stephen "wonderboy" thompson kind of guy. Goes nicely in kickboxing, tkd, muay thai etc but when he gets shoved up against a fence he gets awkward.

Weidman is injured as well for those playing at home. Costa is filling in for him since his fight with nick ring fell through.

WAtched the Mendes fight and the Lombard fight.

Mendes, schooled the guy, as expected.

Lombard, look fucking lethal. Is that how th normally fights, cos his last fight sucked. Can't wait to see him again.

WAtched the Mendes fight and the Lombard fight.

Mendes, schooled the guy, as expected.

Lombard, look fucking lethal. Is that how th normally fights, cos his last fight sucked. Can't wait to see him again.

That mendes fight was nearly as bad as the mckenzie fight....

Yeah, he's generally a beast, pretty tentative but then just fires off a powerful shots to get a knockdown or just bullies a takedown into GNP.

Rustam Khalilov? looked good against Vince, will be interesting to see how he goes against a guy further up the food chain. Awesome throws though.

l still wish Barry would go down to LHW. He does carry some extra fat so l dont think he'd lose much power and hed get a little bit more speed which would be crazy. He just gets bullied to the ground too much...

Colton Smith.... What a shitty fight.... l do generally like fights like that e.g fitch fights but that was just dog shit.... zero damage done.... His post fight speech grinded my gears as well.....

Looking forward to TUF with Jones and Sonnen.

Person vs George Sots was okay, Sots was heaps upset with the L though as expected.