• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Don't you guys argue and blue before and after UFCs?

Just finished watching Machida v Bader. Thought Machida would catch him around round two. Nice short right hand by Machida, the same as what Tito caught Bader with, both times were due to Bader not adjusting upon distance closedown, albeit Bader rushed Machida with a one two (or a weird superman punch), as opposed to Tito rushing Bader the last time. Machida brilliantly slipped and blocked Bader’s stepping in one two (or weird superman punch) then drilled him. Wouldn’t fight Machida with a baseball bat lol, foot speed, hand speed, great defensive skills and accuracy! You can see why Machida gets next shot at the title ahead of Shogun. (Bader then tapped against Tito within seconds of Tito getting the guillotine choke). Are these signs Bader hasn’t fully made the transition from wrestler to MMA fighter yet. Fighters like Jon Fitch will sit defending a full on guillotine choke for half an hour without tapping. All easy for me to say sitting on my couch eating peanuts!

Seen bits and pieces of the Shogun v Vera. Vera looked more powerful. Might have been his undoing cardio wise. Fourth round Shogun locked on. Vera to get the pink slip (followed by Forrest and Hughes???).

I have not watched the fight yet due to IRL events. But just from personal experience defending against a rear naked choke and guillotines are one of the simplest things to do(Saying that the defensive action is simple actually stopping the choke is another story) and taught very very early in many martial arts also most trainers will pickup on it easily and its not like I get advice from UFC trainers, So I can only assume his trainers are a lot smarter.

As you said people can defend against them a long time. I have sat in one where they never got the choke but held me down so long and hard there thighs bruised my ribs.

On that note I doubt he just let it happen usually the opponent will pull a little move to get them off balance or just drop concentration so they can get under that chin.

Some things you can do to lift that chin are very annoying. All your concentration on keeping your chin down while there squeezing your ribs like a snake. Its tap, Take a breath and get choked or against someone like Tito option three would be let his legs break your ribs lol

Cheers NoOpen. I knew Tito had underrated BJJ and would probably feel like a gorilla grabbing onto you. Just know Bader is a work in progress.... GoldenBoy Nog used to call him.

Just watched it again (who needs lunch). It was a superman punch by Bader that Machida countered.

Ufc 150 This weekend bitches. Some decent fights even in the undercard. Not a really big name card but l think it will surprise some people

Main Event: Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar
Jake Shields vs Ed Herman
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard
Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts
Max Holloway vs Justin Lawrence

Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar -> Benson is a beast - dictionary definition. He'll knock out (KO) the hapless Edgar in the 3rd.
Jake Shields vs Ed Herman -> I just don't rate Ed Herman, and I don't rate Shields much higher, but I'll plump for Jolly Jake in this one.
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard -> Guillard has had him ego bruised and brought back down to earth. I expect him to soldier on now and pick up all the wins he needs. Guillard
-> Buddy who? Big Boy Yushin takes one (about time).
Max Holloway vs Justin Lawrence -> Jezus..care factor? Ummm.... Lawrence!

Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar. Henderson via tko. Too big, too strong, too powerful and his gas tank is a little higher then the little engine that could's as well. Dont see how frankie can finish him either as Bendo's borderline impossible to submit.

Jake Shields vs Ed Herman. Im going for another roughie as l have been in the past few events. Even though l think shields is going to be back to nearly his best at middleweight im picking herman. l think he has 'good enough' grappling to fend off shields enough to either get the tko win or decision.

Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard. Gotta go with Do-Nald Cer-Ron-Nay in this one. Yoda would have put together a most boring gameplan to combat melvin in this one and that leads to donald via decision

Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts. Okami.... Its a lock.... Roberts should be fighting in KOTC still... The thunders going to win pretty easily via tko in the 2nd.

Max Holloway vs Justin Lawrence. Holloway. l think his mentally a world tougher then lawrence. If things arent going his way(lawrence) he buckles. Max via unan decision. Battering Lawrence on the feet and ground the last 2 rounds after weathering the strorm

RV tried to get all CandyFlip up in this bitch. Putting a little bit more thought in them. Still went for a herman roughie but l think hell pull it off. Need to get some points back.

Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar TKO 3rd Round 2m51s
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard

Henderson - KO 3rd
Herman - don't rate either but can't stand Shields so hoping Herman can get the job done
Cerrone
Okami
Holloway

Everyone except for guillard made weight this morning. Guillard was 157.5 and refused to cut any more. Forfits 10% of his purse

Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar - Henderson - Points
Jake Shields vs Ed Herman - Sheilds
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard - Guillard
Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts - Okami
Max Holloway vs Justin Lawrence - Holloway

Benson Henderson Vs Frankie Edgar - Hendo via TKO. Too much to handle, and should want to prove a point.
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard - only cos I'm fan of his, Cerrone could make it a shity fight and decision it though :(

Fuck yeah Max... All day... Thought Justin would have hung in there after he mentally broke but not to be.. Nice tko victory.

USA, USA, USA!

...Kind of hate that shit to be honest... Glad okami got the W... Didnt look 'great' though.

Nothing worse than that bloody USA chant.

and, yeah I was worried he was gonna get knocked out. Not even a strong ground and pound, the other guy just wasn't doing anything...