• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Lets be honest here, Beltran was hand picked more or less to fiht Te Huna... Tough guy who can take plenty of hits but isnt really a monster on the feet. l'd like to see Te Huna against someone who really solid in either standup or grappling and see how he goes. Thiago Silva would be nice...

Agree 100%, by the same token, up and comers before have been shown to have weaknesses against guys who just wont break / get KOd. Beltran was obviously put there as potential stepping stone.

Since I guess this is also the unofficial UFC thread... :p

How fucking good did Te Huna look? Yeah I know he is a kiwi but we dont have many "home town" boys to cheer for :p Obviously they threw Beltran in there to see if Te Huna is the real deal against a guy who basically will not quit, even with the busted hand he looked good rounds 2 and 3 (though at the time I was perplexed by the takedowns, made sense after).

With Sotiropoulos back on the scene as a TUF coach and Mark Hunt back soon (fingers crossed), its an interesting time for Australiasian MMA.

Agreed mate, he looked fucking sick. Broke his right hand, left foot first round or something to. Looked like a beast, will be happy to see him have a bit of a step up now, hope he does well.

Upcoming Event - UFC 149 Faber vs Barao - Sunday July 22
Urijah Faber vs Renan Barao
Cheick Kongo vs Shawn Jordan
Hector Lombard vs Tim Boetsch
Chris Clements vs Matt Riddle
Brian Ebersole vs James Head

My picks in bold.

Urijah Faber vs Renan Barao - Faber has become a real cocky son of a bitch... Barao trains with Aldo for chris-sakes. BARAO catches Faber on that granite chiselled chin of his and KO's in the 3rd.

Cheick Kongo vs Shawn Jordan - I'd like to think Jordan has a chance of an upset here, but Kongo has been down before (v Pat Barry) against strong wrestlers and come back to win. I'll back him again. KONGO in 2.

Hector Lombard vs Tim Boetsch - Lombard's being groomed as an 'Anderson-killer', and god knows they need some decent challengers for him, but I expect Lombard may not handle the step-up in competition here. I'm going to say Boetsch will edge this out by Decision to continue his stellar run.

Chris Clements vs Matt Riddle - Jesus, who cares? Riddle's the quality guy here though - he's beaten DaMarques Johnson, which is more than Clements can claim. Riddle for the win.

Brian Ebersole vs James Head - I can't go against Ebersole here. The guy is such a tryer, a gentleman, has been a journeyman with no payoff until he hit the UFC and now fills in at their whim and takes his paydays as they come, entertaining all the way. 1 more big win here, before they really start testing him. Ebersole by close decision.

Like your way of thinking Candy, how Clements v Riddle made a main card really shes how poor this fight card actually is...

Barao TKO 3rd
Kongo
Lombard
Riddle
Ebersole

Urijah Faber vs Renan Barao decision

Urijah Faber vs Renan Barao decision

Last edited:
Hope its not to late for mine (11:10 in SA lol)

Urijah Faber via TKO (One of favorite fighters)
Hector Lombard (Scary bloke)
Cheick Kongo (Scary as fuck every weigh in)
Brian Ebersole (Seems like a good fella lol)
Chris Clements (I know neither of these guys, but he has more TKO's)

Riddle looks like a weight class above clements...
Oh Wtf.... Riddle fucked up clements with a body kick and he winced and dropped his arms and the ref thought it was a low blow.....

Kongo via decision. But not really an exciting fight... Kongo probably could have KO'ed him, but it turned into a bad wrestling match.

can't wait to see Lector though, this should be exciting.

Umm streams go down?

Edit: hadn't refreshed the page. There 7 more links now lol.....

Still laggy but....

Last edited: