• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
zn0HBfx.gif

The scary thing is that there are so many who think he will make a good president, and has good policy. But then they do have the NRA, child pageants and the Kardashians.

Yep. The thing about America is there is such a gap between the haves and the have nots. There is an 'underclass' of disadvantaged people who will never break the cycle of poverty, who will never have health care, who will never have a safety net of social security and they cling to any celebrity figure or just any hope.

The Republicans want to keep that great divide between the haves and have nots because they, the Republicans are the business owners (or funded by big business) who want the extreme low wages, the poor working conditions for their employees and the low taxes for the rich because it keeps the cost of their Businesses down and their profits up.

"The Boss" Bruce Springsteen said it best in his "Born in the USA" song, when he sang about the plight of the American 'underclass':

"Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
End up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up .........

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go
"

<em>

Such an indictment on American Society! :(

Last edited:
Yep. My eyes were opened when I went to New York and saw all of the homeless and beggars around Wall Street.

Also recently remember a podcast where they were talking about going to Australia and how cheeseburgers were hugely expensive. In the US a cheeseburger (McNasty one) is about $1 or even less. They were talking in context of someone wanting to put up the minimum wage in the US and they were saying how doing that would make fast food so "expensive" and not give people the incentive to work harder to improve their life.

The top 1% in the US have done a great job of brainwashing the US public, from sending troops to stop communism (a threat to their profit margins) to changing the diet and health prospects of two generations.

Why the hate against obamacare? Health insurance companies losing profit (and we know their track record, right?).
Why the mouth frothing about gun control? Um, well. Let's just say that it's not constitutional rights at issue. ($$)
The rednecks may think its about their rights, but I don't remember any democrat (including obama and clinton) every saying they wanted to stop gun sales. They just want to make it harder (or hopefully, impossible) for mentally deranged terrorists to buy a weapon. All the gun manufacturers in the US are heavy NRA supporters.

It's a weird and whacky place. Due to their redneck values, I now refer to the US as "the largest 3rd world country".

yes, USA is vastly more unequal than here in terms of income and living standards.

However, I think existing trends will see income trends worsen here too for a number of reasons.

Trump - Republican Nominee

yes, USA is vastly more unequal than here in terms of income and living standards.

However, I think existing trends will see income trends worsen here too for a number of reasons.

Seriously though income inequality isn't necessarily a bad thing. People need to be rewarded for making the right decisions otherwise you will kill the drive off of the innovators and those wanting to do better.

In Australia especially, no one has to be very poor. It's a choice.

Last edited:
Market forces setting wages is natural. But when there's a minimum wage which doesn't allow a person to have the basic necessities of life, where they have to work two or even three jobs, that's a disgrace.

Republicans keep wanting to cut minimum wages and working conditions for those most vulnerable and at the same time wanting to give tax cuts to the Rich.

You seen any of those intellectually handicapped people etc going to work in those factories here in Australia? It's a sad site. In America, those kind of people fucked. No protection from kunts like Trump.

No healthcare, no safety nets etc.

yes, a nation must strive to get the right balance between production and consumption. It is an age old question which I have started to write a book about to give me something to do. I was inspired by the Freedom Tower nd do get pissed off with all of the simpletons who have much to criticise the US about but don't really grasp how important the US has been for our own prosperity.

Market forces setting wages is natural. But when there's a minimum wage which doesn't allow a person to have the basic necessities of life, where they have to work two or even three jobs, that's a disgrace.

Republicans keep wanting to cut minimum wages and working conditions for those most vulnerable and at the same time wanting to give tax cuts to the Rich.

You seen any of those intellectually handicapped people etc going to work in those factories here in Australia? It's a sad site. In America, those kind of people fucked. No protection from kunts like Trump.

No healthcare, no safety nets etc.

America is a lot tougher than here no doubt but there are jobs out there. For example Dairy farmers can't any Americans to milk cows. It's all Mexicans and mostly illegals. They get 10-12 bucks an hour. Which with cheaper stuff over there is probably equivalent to $20 here. It's the same with most manual labor jobs there.

what shits me here is that I am prepared to do low wage jobs here, but employers rule me out because I am too qualified.

There is a vast difference between Australia and America. In America, people die from poverty, not so much here.

what shits me here is that I am prepared to do low wage jobs here, but employers rule me out because I am too qualified.

Bazza needs farmhands. Could your Family relocate to where ever Barry lives?

:D

Like I said here it's a choice to be poor. Even totally unskilled jobs are well paid.

What? What a lot of shit. Some intellectually handicapped people can't even tie their shoe laces, look at Darkoz.

We talkin bout Merica Barry!