• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes bazza, pretty obvious he was inspired by a particular group, and pretty obvious all Western societies should indeed be worried by a such a group.

I am.

Then you have people with some agenda going to all lengths to claim this wasn't terrorism inspired by this particular group.

yawn.

i was talking about his true motive, not what he used as an excuse to do it. but that would be going beyond the black and white..hence you cant understand

yawn.

i was talking about his true motive, not what he used as an excuse to do it. but that would be going beyond the black and white..hence you cant understand

Do you think you know his true motive JW?
I think the only person that really knows his true motive is himself

obviously i was speculating. but maybe it seems more obvious to me due to having a bit more insight into mental issues than others

also based on the lack of hard evidence that he was ever religious or an extremist

obviously i was speculating. but maybe it seems more obvious to me due to having a bit more insight into mental issues than others

also based on the lack of hard evidence that he was ever religious or an extremist

Apart from him declaring allegiance to the religion and particular extremist group in question.

yawn.

Yawn?????
Are you tired or bored?
Not enough people on here with an IQ compatible to yours, right? Must be difficult for you?

Just becase someone 'pledges allegiance' to a group like Daesh does not qualify as a formal association or mean they had any part in it. It is just a claim. If I claim I am the king of Auatralia does it make it true?

After the flurry of media and government agencies rushing to establish a link to Isis, many intelligence agencies now seem to swinging the other way. I think people underestimate how much of this is opinion not fact, and get caight up in the hyperboly rather than looking at the information presented by the media critically.

I illustrated in a previous post that there are many factors that influence how an event like this is portrayed and dealt with within the legal system and media.

Imo there is a real risk that every 2c sociopath that wants to conduct a mass shooting will claim some link to a group like Isis and leave a tenuous trail of evidence to convince a rabid media there is a link, in order to give their behaviour some sort of legitimacy and clout. Meanwhile large groups of people who swallow it whole continue to demonise people who in actual fact have nothing to do with it, and we ingore the actual underlying cause of these acts, whether it be racial or sexual intollerance, economic or social factors or some other reason.

And before particular people take things out of context and get on their high horses, the 'inspiration' that groups like Isis are deemed to provide is a whole other problem. 'Lone wolf' terrorists are a phenomenon that intelligence agencies around the world are struggling to understand and manage.

We can only go by the evidence we have and his own actions, which all point to declaring his allegiance to an extremist group, anything beyond that is just speculation.
Although anyone who can commit mass murder in the name of a religion or a political ideology or because they don't like being gay is certainly not a normal sane person.

Inspiring the individual looneys to do their bidding is a big part of how terrorism operates these days. You don't need an official membership and a physical induction be a part of a terrorism.

Just becase someone 'pledges allegiance' to a group like Daesh does not qualify as a formal association or mean they had any part in it. It is just a claim. If I claim I am the king of Auatralia does it make it true?

After the flurry of media and government agencies rushing to establish a link to Isis, many intelligence agencies now seem to swinging the other way. I think people underestimate how much of this is opinion not fact, and get caight up in the hyperboly rather than looking at the information presented by the media critically.

I illustrated in a previous post that there are many factors that influence how an event like this is portrayed and dealt with within the legal system and media.

Imo there is a real risk that every 2c sociopath that wants to conduct a mass shooting will claim some link to a group like Isis and leave a tenuous trail of evidence to convince a rabid media there is a link, in order to give their behaviour some sort of legitimacy and clout. Meanwhile large groups of people who swallow it whole continue to demonise people who in actual fact have nothing to do with it, and we ingore the actual underlying cause of these acts, whether it be racial or sexual intollerance, economic or social factors or some other reason.

nailed it

as repacked said and i mentioned before.

if i go and waste aload of bondi hipsters and say it is in the name lf isis, am i really a terrorist?

if i go and waste aload of bondi hipsters and say it is in the name lf isis, am i really a terrorist?

The guy caused and attack of terror in the name of a terrorist group that he himself announced. He also demanded America bombings of a terrorist group be stopped. He was on the no fly list under suspicion of terrorism. He frequented terrorism affiliated we sites. Yet you are hanging to this thin link that because he was gay it's is a gay hate crime not terrorism. Despite a gay hate violence fitting very very well with a certain terrorism groups ideals very well anyway.

Your theory, gay hate, works perfectly with it being terrorism in this situation. Your argument is actually more evidence of it being terrorism.

I don't know why some people pick the most irrelevant part of the debate and try and change the narrative; like they're trying to grab some small shred of victory over other members. Oh wait....yes I do.......

FYI

Note 01:33 - 02:33

Last edited:

If you have been on the watch list, on the no fly list, on terror support websites and claimed you did it in the name of a terror group, then its a YES from me.

Let me ask you a Q JW.
Those turkeys caught with their rubber dinghy heading for the coast, what are they?

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] why delete an entire post based on the issue of people ruining discussion for the rest of us? surely just delete the swear word.