• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Triceps

Live by Grace

Man starting to get pissy with my triceps.
Doing skull crushers, dips, kick backs, pull downs of verious types, even started doing close grip bench. hate behind the neck db's cos it hurts my back. used to go heavy all the time, now doing drop sets to try for very tight pumps, which are somtimes hard to come by. But still not getting much love from my tiny triceps. I really want to bring out the sides more to take away the pancake look, the rear heads arnt too bad, but still not great. Tris for me have always lagged. I am by no means small, but deffinately disproportionate.....any ideas?

Also, sorry bout the possibly dumb question but.... Im going to splash out on some creatine monohydrate, other then protien shakes and obvoius good diet. are there any other new or old supps I can use to increase size fast. been out of the loop a while.

thanks guys:)

Perhaps too much fluff for your triceps.

I cut back on my tris a few years back and it seemed to work.

Just stick with dips and close grip bench presses.

Benches and military presses are working your tri's already.

triceps work everytime you press. The go-to's for me have always been cgp's and dip's, if needed maybe some cable push down's.

Skull crushers etc don't agree with elblow's too well imo

Whats your bench press number's? what weight do you dip with?

Last edited:
Thanks guys

I havent bb bench in a while, i do db bench up to 50kg db,s.
40kg db's incline.
I am doing rope pull dwns with my dips. The ropes seem to be working the best for now.
However i will try those tates etc.
Either that or steroids...(jokes)

For me a combo of close-ish grip benching and overhead pressing has started to put a little bit of size on my triceps.

3 board presses and tricep death

<3 Tricep's death.

Do you normally just do 1-4 board?

I make people go from chest all the way to a 6 board.

Suckers

I go chest, half board 1,2,3, 3.5,4

Then a foam roller to get a bit off spring off...

Usually people dont make it past 3.5

Bench, Dips, OH Press, DB Pullovers, Close Grip Bench Press, Floor Press, Push Press, JM Press, DB Bench Press and dont forget............

Tricep Pulldowns.

Lawls.