• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training intensity

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Just wondering how ppl train? i.e do you need to blast heavy metal and not talk to anyone, do you have a joke around when training, do you focus for sets but are ok to chat to ppl between them, do you train better by youself or with a partner etc etc etc....

I find it interesting to see how ppl work in the gym....

I myself need to focus, I don't really like to talk much I just like to get in there and do it....this is why I will normally train by myself, unless I need help with equip or Iam benching heavy etc and feel I need a spot.

I don't really like training partners unless they train the same as me and have the same focus - I have only ever had one good training partner and for now I can not train with them - so as above I find it best to train by myself...

How do you approach your training/intensity while training?

I'm physically unable to talk during my workout.

If and when I have a training partner, I insist that he/she trains first, I encourage, count the rep's, check form, load the equipment, set- up the equipment, put the plates away and such.
Ive set the scene...Then it's my turn.
My intensity of work is higher than most.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like to train by myself and prefer not to talk with anyone as well. But atm im training with a friend that goes to PTC because his other mate is away and he can't get a lift there. But i like to train with him because he knows what his doing because of markos. He told me deadlifted 128kg at PTC but when he was training with me in the 'commercial' gym he could only max out 115kg. Says a lot with who you train with or without.

I train at home alone in my shed, I would like to train with someone with more knowledge to improve technique but otherwise i don't mind training alone, Have never been a member of a gym so don't know much about commercial gyms.

My training intensity over the last yr has dropped a fair bit - it is something I have been trying to get back over the last 2-3 weeks - hard while I was sick - but last week it started to come back.

I have had sessions before where I have been physically sick a number of times during the session, blood noses and nearly in tears not due to being hurt or upset just because I have been so pumped up and in the zone....for me this is what training is about - taking it to the next level - leaving nothing in the tank - I don't believe in not training till you vomit or pass out etc etc - for me its about taking it to the edge....and this is something I need back.

Talk as much shit as possible, sit around alot, rest heaps, train very little. Take 1 hour or more to do 3 work sets of squats.

Focus during each set, and 5 secs beforehand, and relax and talk shit in between - Actually it's more like relax and talk shit, and every now and again focus and do a set :D

They play the gayest music on earth at my gym, but I don't think it's important.

My training intensity over the last yr has dropped a fair bit - it is something I have been trying to get back over the last 2-3 weeks - hard while I was sick - but last week it started to come back.

I have had sessions before where I have been physically sick a number of times during the session, blood noses and nearly in tears not due to being hurt or upset just because I have been so pumped up and in the zone....for me this is what training is about - taking it to the next level - leaving nothing in the tank - I don't believe in not training till you vomit or pass out etc etc - for me its about taking it to the edge....and this is something I need back.

Itensity is subjective, results are tangible.

Have you taken a holiday PS how long is a workout?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I mean, do you think your issue is physical or in you head?
Usually a holiday is good medicine.
Posted via Mobile Device

blood noses

I scarred some poor girl in the uni gym because I got a blood nose and it turned my white shirt red and I imagine it looked like I just ate someone/earned my red wings. Whoops.

As far as training intensity goes I train at home now and it is not something I have 'nailed' yet. I have days where I'm focused and on the job and tear shit up, and others I get distracted (phone, laptop, blabla).

Working on getting back to how it should be.

I would prefer to have a training partner but the only person I've found who can match the drive etc is a lady friend who doesn't train as often and who makes me laugh more than fires me up.

hehe... joel you know how i train.. lol...

i enjoy havin people around and have a little chat between sets to recover but still get everytihng done within 60 - 90minutes. focus when i need to but i dont ignore everyone.

I mean, do you think your issue is physical or in you head?
Usually a holiday is good medicine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Def in my head mate lol - Iam bigger and stronger than ever ....but I could of been even bigger and even stronger if my training intensity was there.

I take a week off every 8-10 weeks of training - but I have not been on a real holiday since the end of last yr.

Had a great session this morning.

I just need to feel good before (shower and some music usually works if I am out of it a little). Training wise I am alone with my music and my barbell and I do not like interruptions (phone calls are the worst as it turns off my music and training log program). I am getting my friend to come on Saturdays for lifting so I will see how a training partner changes things. Usually I am pretty intense and focussed, I find that if I am not it is just a waste of time.

Im with you dave i love to have a shower before i workout ,

then the tunes get turnt up, and i hit my workout as hard and fast as i can.

Usally for around 45- 55 mins, i actually hate waiting between sets and its something ive had to be mindfull of , just to wait.

If you want great training intensity try banging your girlfriend then pulling out before you *** then immediatly attack the weights.

Probably best done at a home gym

If you want great training intensity try banging your girlfriend then pulling out before you *** then immediatly attack the weights.

Now that is dedication, I will stick with weights first and sex after instead.

No partners and no music for me. Just get it done by myself in the garage. I started playing music when I first set up my home gym but it soon became a distraction.

Ocassionally I might think about work or something in the middle of a set and that always ends up being a shit set. I then force myself to snap out of it and re-focus on intensity.

Probably best not doing barbell shrugs as your first exercise either...:eek: