• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for size, studys heavily supports training with higher intensity/reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its different for everyone, but when i have my feet on the bench i really feel the tension and get that good squeeze of the chest muscles hmmm to each there own.

I can keep my legs on the floor and not use them to drive the weight,

To tell you the truth, I haven't benched with feet on the bench since I first started weights,

If you can still arch your back and keep stable, I see no reason not to do it. (using a moderate weight that is).

If I could try to explain how I truly isolate a muscle, I would tell you to forget everything you know about lifting,

grab a moderate/light weight

flex the muscle you want to isolate

while holding the flex, perform the movement without using any other muscle.

flex as hard as possible at the top of the movement, and flex on the way down.

no matter how much weight you have in your hot little hands, you should be in pain after 10+ reps.

otherwise flex harder..

that is how I isolate a muscle

For bodybuilding Yes, for powerlifting No. The whole point of a exercise in bodybuilding is to isolate the muscle you are training......... how are you training ur chests full potential when you are using ur legs to help move the weight................ Putting ur feet on the bench will shift more of the stress on ur pecks......... which is the whole friggin point of isolation exercise.... sure you wont lift as much weight but like its mentioned * its not about how much you lift* which brings us back to the whole train the muscle not ur ego, which i am trying to get across.

your legs are there to help stabilize your body, I certainly wouldn't want a loaded bar over my head with my feet up in the air

There's no such thing as isolating a muscle, you can emphasise certain muscle groups by the exercise you choose, position etc. but it's simply not possible to isolate a muscle, your body doesn't work that way.

So true mate.......

I think the whole point to get across is training for str does not lead to delopment, training with high intensity to failure using perfect form with more time under tension *recruiting more muscle fibers/motor units* will lead to development.

People that are training for development really need to leave there egos at the door of the gym,cause its just holding them back.

This is a load of crap that new wannabe bodybuilders like to sprout off. Training for strength can and does lead to development. Not saying its the only way but it is most definitely one way to do it.

3f38e_ORIG-f6906_matt_kroc.jpg

Quick someone better tell Kroc he doesn't have a developed chest from lack of isolation work.

For bodybuilding Yes, for powerlifting No. The whole point of a exercise in bodybuilding is to isolate the muscle you are training......... how are you training ur chests full potential when you are using ur legs to help move the weight................ Putting ur feet on the bench will shift more of the stress on ur pecks......... which is the whole friggin point of isolation exercise.... sure you wont lift as much weight but like its mentioned * its not about how much you lift* which brings us back to the whole train the muscle not ur ego, which i am trying to get across.

do you do squats with your legs in the air?

Interesting thoughts in here, a bit of a trap for young players as to what is right/wrong. I guess you could take a little of everyone's advice and go from there.

Yeah I know lol

His argument reminds me of some clown on YouTube trying to tell Shane Sweatt he should bench with his feet in the air to get more ab activation

This is a load of crap that new wannabe bodybuilders like to sprout off. Training for strength can and does lead to development. Not saying its the only way but it is most definitely one way to do it.

Didnt say it doesnt lead to development, im saying beginners are misguided that want to be bodybuilders, training innervation style is way more affective then training for str, a ton of studies prove this.

Interesting thoughts in here, a bit of a trap for young players as to what is right/wrong. I guess you could take a little of everyone's advice and go from there.

All the studys done over the years heavily support the innervation style training for development over str.

Didnt say it doesnt lead to development, im saying beginners are misguided that want to be bodybuilders, training innervation style is way more affective then training for str, a ton of studies prove this.

i don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on that point
But the feet in the air on the bench...

Status
Not open for further replies.