• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Total Newb!

kate

Ok, was a bit hesitant to post being a complete newb but HRG gave me a some encouragement.

Been out of training which was for an entirely different sport about 8 years, maintained some cardio fitness but lost all my strength which pisses me right off but ill get it back.

The stats-
5 ft 8
68kg(the goal is race weight 58-60)

Looking at competing in a few obstacle races...but not a big fan of cross fit, the injury potential looks way to high for me. Working on an 8:6 roster on a mine so my program may be a little unconventional. At the moment Im running 3 times a week, keep some cardio in there but in terms of weight sessions, sticking to the basics at the moment...squats, press, deadlift etc.

I have a habit of loving to lift heavy which I need to address and build up intelligently. Attacking this by myself, I'm trying hard to keep form right as best I can..any advice is going to be greeted by one happy camper. Ill update the exact program Im using shortly.

Good onya for lifting heavy weights. Most sheilas steer clear of heavy shit.

Good Stuff.

Working in the mines can be a real hard job, especially if you want to do some gym work..

When i was working on the mines i found some time getting in and out of the cab for smoko was a great time to do 10-20 squats or burpees. Off the mine and in the camp going to the gym at 3 am for 40-50 minutes can be a good move. Any cardio or weights you use would benefit.

A lot of my friends always made a wrap for their lunch and morning tea, they stayed away from all the bread and salads.

If you are interested in strength there is an awesome beginners routine: squats, bench pressing, SLDLs, rows, curls and military presses. Have a hunt around on the site for it. If you can do it every day or every second day you have off it will pay off

Good onya for lifting heavy weights. Most sheilas steer clear of heavy shit.

Good Stuff.

Bring me heavy any day of the week! Happy camper

Yeah I am really careful what I eat in camp, as you probably know sometimes its shit, so Im a bit picky. Usually in the gym by 3am, gym is well equipped which is heaven sent or Id go nuts. Love nightshift get in the gym for an hour or two after work then sleep all day, its great. Im finding day shift harder usually extremely tired and my tolerance for some of the ferals in the gym isn't real high but Ill get there.

So adjusted the plan so that I have 3-4 good weight sessions during the week and throw in 3-4 of these insanity (shaun T) workouts for cardio etc saves running and the impact on the knees and back.

Reactions: HRG
Hi Kate! Glad to see you posted up your diary :)

I cant offer you any useful advice but I can say things like:

"just one more, you can do it, yes!"

and also things like

"Your awesome, so damn awesome!!"

Which I find people like, so hopefully that works for you too!!! hahaha

Good Luck and looking forward to reading about what you are up to.

Thanks guys, off for a leg day, when I get back ill try and post up the training plan and hopefully get some feedback good and bad ;)